Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Humility

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Humility

Have you ever had someone next to you at a light punch it when you didn't, and caught them at the next light? Last night a motorcycle did that to me, but I knew it was just a cruiser Harley-wannabe, not a crotch-rocket. I don't waste gas on anything I know I can smoke, especially at 3.20 a gallon.

Anyway, I couldn't let the guy go home thinking he smoked a T/A (like I was even trying, problem with bolt-ons is it SOUNDS like you're getting on it, but little do they know how it sounds WOT).

I put about a car length on him up to about 60ish and could tell it was just going to exponentially grow, and he got to hear my motor when I was 'on it'. He stayed behind me the rest of the way, probably embarrased, haha.

About a mile from my house, same night, a GMC Sierra does the same thing, but at the next red he turned (the truck actually moved fast for it's size). The guy in the passenger seat of the car to my left asked me if I was trying, and I said not even close. Again, misconception about a header/exhaust car giving it gas sounding like you're flooring it. I let the guy hear me at WOT to set his mind at ease
Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill, but those 1400+ bikes can get kinda nasty. I see one run at Irwindale all the time (I think it's a Harley 15 or 1800???) never lost to another bike including rice rockets...
Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Launching!

There was Harley based dragster at Firebird the other night. The rider had a hard time getting the first shift right, but I was quick on its' one really solid run. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I want to say 10.xx with a great trap. Sounded weird.

They are not crotch rockets, but that could make them great sleepers. Not to mention that they are a better cruiser for sure. Im 24 and I think the crotch rockets would kill my back LOL.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
problem with bolt-ons is it SOUNDS like you're getting on it, but little do they know how it sounds WOT).
It's really bad when I'm rolling in the old Turbo Regal and people think I'm racing them with my "grandpa's car" (when I'm just driving slowly) and I can hear them tachin' out their econo box daily drivers trying to stay even with me. At the next light I usually get on it a little more. No traction is my biggest problem on the street.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tonnes of people get into **** wars at lights with me until they hear me shifting every 3-5 seconds and realize that its just loud. I am normally in OD by 40ish.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
Anyway, I couldn't let the guy go home thinking he smoked a T/A (like I was even trying, problem with bolt-ons is it SOUNDS like you're getting on it, but little do they know how it sounds WOT).
Then add a cam and a stall, its insane
Old 04-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Teching In

If you're in the right lane, you can always pull a 'McFly' and turn after revving your engine over and over.

Or if you have reason to believe that they're wanting to race you, just wait three seconds after the light turns green before you go. Can't get any clearer than that.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Nice kill, but those 1400+ bikes can get kinda nasty. I see one run at Irwindale all the time (I think it's a Harley 15 or 1800???) never lost to another bike including rice rockets...
You have never lost to a bike?
Man, you have a car that could put my Z to shame!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dannyz
You have never lost to a bike?
Man, you have a car that could put my Z to shame!
Originally Posted by 2 FAST SS
Reading skills dude, reading skills.

BTW MrMiracle, McFly actually backed up in his 4x4 to avoid hitting the Rolls Royce, he didn't turn.

Lil' clarification for everyone, and good story.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trust
Then add a cam and a stall, its insane
yeah then every one thinks your "racing" them