Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced an SRT10, Charger RT, and a Impala SS!... and a whole lotta thumbs!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default raced an SRT10, Charger RT, and a Impala SS!... and a whole lotta thumbs!

This is kinda an old story... maybe a couple weeks old. I just remembered it by reading another thread about an SRT10 race...

So i was on my lunchbreak just driving around enjoying life, lookin for cars to compete with... when i spy with my little eye an orange and black new dodge charger. I think to myself... sweet, i finally get to see what these things can do! so i get onto the freeway, while the charger is still at a light. I spin my tires just a little, but enough to let him know that i want some. He runs the red light, gets on my *** on the freeway, and we line up from 60, then hit it and i put about 2 and a half cars on him to 95 or 100. I looked over and hes got a mean look on his face and i swear to you... he had a mullet... a curly one! and those multicolored sunglasses that remind me of ski goggles. lol.

Then i slow down and he gets off the freeway... but behind him i see an Impala SS coming up. I guess they saw the whole thing. I am thinking that they wanna race, and since they are coming up fast on me i am anticipating a flyby. I put the car in 3rd, and hammer it as soon as they get to my door and instantly put a couple cars on them and slow back down. Turns out they just wanted to give me a thumbs up for the Charger race that they saw. They had dubs and they were gettin stupid dumb and hyphy, so i laughed and returned the thumbs up.

Then a little more down the freeway i see this silver truck and i think nothing of it... until i hear him rev next to me. I think to myself 'a full size truck with a manual tranny?' it turns out it was a regular cab SRT10. The guy nodded at me to take the hit, and i reluctantly did.. thinking he would never catch up. WRONG! This thing was FAST! from a 75 roll all the way up to 120 he had 2 car legnths on me. I looked over at him with a perplexed, but impressed look on my face. I gave him the thumbs up and he smiles and gives me a nod and gives the thumbs back. I couldnt believe how fast these things were. I thought for sure i would take him from a high speed roll, but i guess my aerodynamics or ram air just hadnt kicked in yet haha. It was a good lunchbreak. One that i will cherish for years to come!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good runs. I jsut read another post where someone ran an SRT-10 truck. I can 't rememer who won though, heh.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill's and a well done death. You "killed" a dude rolling dubs.. HAHHAHA. I hate that label so much. It's like the rice of the luxury car world in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Huh i didnt think those trucks were that fast . I always though an ls1 would beat him pretty easily from a roll. Wonder if he was stock???? Well regardless good kill and a good death.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good death. looks like you had fun. arent the srt-10's the trucks with the Viper motors?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tCTech
Nice kill's and a well done death. You "killed" a dude rolling dubs.. HAHHAHA. I hate that label so much. It's like the rice of the luxury car world in my opinion.
I saw a Ford Expedition with some of those chrome "DUB" stickers on the back and side windows. The funny thing is he had stock wheels.

Good kills by the way, especially on mullet boy.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
I looked over and hes got a mean look on his face and i swear to you... he had a mullet... a curly one! and those multicolored sunglasses that remind me of ski goggles. lol.
I can picture this guy clear as day. Macho man Randy Savage look-a-like. Too funny man. Nice kill and death.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
I can picture this guy clear as day. Macho man Randy Savage look-a-like. Too funny man. Nice kill and death.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Good death. looks like you had fun. arent the srt-10's the trucks with the Viper motors?
yes sir! V10! 10 cylinders!!! thats like a million!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stupid dumb hyphy...u dont happen to be from the bay area do you?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
stupid dumb hyphy...u dont happen to be from the bay area do you?
haha yes sir! the bay dont play....