Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My SS vs. 05 Cobra with all the mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My SS vs. 04 Cobra with all the mods

2004 cobra, not a 05. My bad. Wasn't paying attention to what I was typing.

Last night my little brother called me and said that this guy in Cobra wanted to race him. The guy was picking on my brother because he has 2000 Firehawk with Full Exhaust and intake, and gears. I told him to take him to a local race spot and I would sneak in and challenge the guy who talking crap about LS1's being slow. Got to the track and challenged the guy. He was a little scared when I rolled up. I asked if he wanted to go from a roll since my 315 dr's look like slicks because of too many burnouts over the Cinco De Mayo weekend. He said no, so I said lets do two runs, one from a dig, and the other from a roll. He agreed. We lined up and went at it. I was spinning threw 1 and 2(once i turned the TC off in the middle of 1st) and finally grabbed in 3rd. By the end of forth I had a car lenght on him. Oh yeah, we was running some hoosier slicks in the rear. He said that he had all the bolt ons and was running over 470rwhp. My dumb *** forgot to turn the Traction Control off. Almost stalled at the start. Trying to turn it off and then have to shift into second was pretty interesting. The next race we went from a roll in 1st and I pulled him soooo hard that by the end of my second gear, I had 3 lengths on him and he quite. He said his clutch went out. I believed him, because I am not in his car. We left after my little brother raced S/C 5.0 and won. Come to find out, after we left he challenged a WS6 and raced him twice. Looks like his clutch was working fine. Just couldn't handle getting pulled sooo hard from a slow LS1. That was my night. Oh yeah, I was still in my softball clothes with my cup on. That kinda hurt while trying to shift. Later.

Last edited by redline.inc; 05-13-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: miss typed
Old 05-13-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

There is no such thing as an 05 Cobra man. Either way good kill.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
There is no such thing as an 05 Cobra man. Either way good kill.
Yah, I was wondering what he was talking about. Must have been an 03/04.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redline.inc
Last night my little brother called me and said that this guy in Cobra wanted to race him. The guy was picking on my brother because he has 2000 Firehawk with Full Exhaust and intake, and gears. I told him to take him to a local race spot and I would sneak in and challenge the guy who talking crap about LS1's being slow. Got to the track and challenged the guy. He was a little scared when I rolled up. I asked if he wanted to go from a roll since my 315 dr's look like slicks because of too many burnouts over the Cinco De Mayo weekend. He said no, so I said lets do two runs, one from a dig, and the other from a roll. He agreed. We lined up and went at it. I was spinning threw 1 and 2(once i turned the TC off in the middle of 1st) and finally grabbed in 3rd. By the end of forth I had a car lenght on him. Oh yeah, we was running some hoosier slicks in the rear. He said that he had all the bolt ons and was running over 470rwhp. My dumb *** forgot to turn the Traction Control off. Almost stalled at the start. Trying to turn it off and then have to shift into second was pretty interesting. The next race we went from a roll in 1st and I pulled him soooo hard that by the end of my second gear, I had 3 lengths on him and he quite. He said his clutch went out. I believed him, because I am not in his car. We left after my little brother raced S/C 5.0 and won. Come to find out, after we left he challenged a WS6 and raced him twice. Looks like his clutch was working fine. Just couldn't handle getting pulled sooo hard from a slow LS1. That was my night. Oh yeah, I was still in my softball clothes with my cup on. That kinda hurt while trying to shift. Later.
Nice kill. Are you on Nor-cal ls1? I think I've seen some pics of your car on there. Weren't you selling it?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

My bad fellas. I don't know the years of Mustangs. Yes I am a NorCal-LS1er. I am selling my car. Everyone that want to buy it, can't get a loan for the amount though. I am in no rush to sell though.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice car bro good luck.good kill i hate ford
Old 05-14-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL! LS1s are slow. If they're so slow, why did he have to put all those mods on his Cobra? What was he afraid of? He deserved to get beat.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like you have a mean car man, nice kill.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

I thought your setup looked familiar, now it makes sense.

What part of the bay are you from? I'm in Concord.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I am in Union City.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha.

boosted ls1 > modded 04 cobra.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:18 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice kill. No respect for an LS1 huh? Well I guess he does now. Cobra guys CAN be too cocky. U N L E S S, they had an LS1 before....like me. Good kill.