Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

M3 vs LT1 cop car (chase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M3 vs LT1 cop car (chase)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sT__2USvK...elated&search=

Wait til your 34 seconds into the vid and listen to what the cop says, figured you guys would like that......
Old 08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that **** is OOOOOLLLLDDDDDDD
Old 08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Well excuse MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(I have yet to see every vid on the net....)
Old 08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

that was on worlds wildest police chases. obviously that cop had to weigh6 600 bls cuz the camaro should have ate that m3 all to hell
Old 08-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Teching In

ya jus tthink if he would have had an LS1 he wouldn't have fallen back.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94LS1Z
ya jus tthink if he would have had an LS1 he wouldn't have fallen back.
those old M3s were sorry as hell. even the lt1 should have spanked him
Old 08-22-2006, 01:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That M3 was modified. The kid was 15, and could probably out drive 98% of the people on this board. It's a well known fact that the kid actually got away, but that they edited the footage, to an earlier scene in the chase, where the cars were at a near hault before the chase started.

I got a real kick out of the BS that came out of that video (Which is old), as they say a chip makes an LT1 powered Camaro have 350hp, and proclaim that the BMW ran 0-60 in 5.7 sec. :p You can also see that the officer was clearly not going to be rammed by the kid, as he veered to the right, not the left, and lost control (My guess would be that he was thinking of performing the Pit Manuever but went out of control).

The kid's dad turned him in the next day.

Afterall, no one out runs the cops (Or so they wanted it to seem). ~Not that I condone outrunning the cops, just that they could've been honest about it~.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol who do you think edited it?.....i know here, the camaros dont use the lt1, they use the ls1....and the maurders are pretty fast....90% person gets away is because the little voice on your shoulder....the supervisor....calls it off...ehhh
Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

they prolly edited it to make it look like they caught him. You can clearly see the end of the video has been doctored...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tainted
obviously that cop had to weigh6 600 bls cuz the camaro should have ate that m3 all to hell
Cops are not permitted to pit a driver until they have permission. They can't put civilians in danger so they need to wait for a good oppurtunity.
His job was to stay behind vehicle in hot pursuit, and he did a great job.

The M3 driver flinched and the cop lost it.
He could have passed that M3 is he wanted to.

In fact, I had a thread about a run in with a late 90's M3 and had it by over 2 lengths @ about 90 right from a dig.

Very quick, nice cars no doubt. Theyre fast.... but not that fast.

Originally Posted by buffman
they prolly edited it to make it look like they caught him. You can clearly see the end of the video has been doctored...
I disagree.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denom
That M3 was modified. The kid was 15, and could probably out drive 98% of the people on this board. It's a well known fact that the kid actually got away, but that they edited the footage, to an earlier scene in the chase, where the cars were at a near hault before the chase started.

I got a real kick out of the BS that came out of that video (Which is old), as they say a chip makes an LT1 powered Camaro have 350hp, and proclaim that the BMW ran 0-60 in 5.7 sec. :p You can also see that the officer was clearly not going to be rammed by the kid, as he veered to the right, not the left, and lost control (My guess would be that he was thinking of performing the Pit Manuever but went out of control).

The kid's dad turned him in the next day.

Afterall, no one out runs the cops (Or so they wanted it to seem). ~Not that I condone outrunning the cops, just that they could've been honest about it~.
First of all, they do things like that to prevent other people from attempting to run. If they showed all the times someone got away, there would be a lot more people trying to run, which would equal a lot more unnecessary deaths. Pretty smart idea if you ask me.

And what makes you think that 15 year old kid could "outdrive 98% of the people on this board"? If you think thats good driving, then you have a lot to learn yourself. At 15, he couldn't possibly be "good". It's just luck. "Good" comes with experience and practice. He's just too young to comprehend the danger involved in going all out down the interstate. It'll catch up with him one day. 98% of the people on this board are too smart to do something that dumb.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

well im in the 2% if its like that, and to do the pit, you have to be trained and approved by the supervisor.....do that move at speeds is not as easy as it looks on tv...ive had it done to me and done it to people in the past during the academy....its Fckn crazy
Old 08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
First of all, they do things like that to prevent other people from attempting to run. If they showed all the times someone got away, there would be a lot more people trying to run, which would equal a lot more unnecessary deaths. Pretty smart idea if you ask me.

And what makes you think that 15 year old kid could "outdrive 98% of the people on this board"? If you think thats good driving, then you have a lot to learn yourself. At 15, he couldn't possibly be "good". It's just luck. "Good" comes with experience and practice. He's just too young to comprehend the danger involved in going all out down the interstate. It'll catch up with him one day. 98% of the people on this board are too smart to do something that dumb.
First off I stated that I don't condone try to outrun the cops. I can understand why they wouldn't want to air on TV a video of somebody leaving the cops behind. My only issue is the fact that they LIED about catching him. The kids Dad turned him in. They didn't catch him. They shouldn't have even aired it on TV.

Also, the kid must've had the luck of the Irish, cause he counter steered that car multiple times at high speed, whereas the cop, IMHO, had more trouble. Of course there is luck in driving/racing, but if you're a ********, and you over counter steer, you'll eat it. He was running away from the cops for a long time. I honestly think the kid has some serious skill. I COULDN'T DRIVE LIKE THAT!!!!

Anyways, to each their own opinion. I was just trying to state what was edited out. I'm gonna go look for this miracle "350hp" chip for LT1's.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

He did look like a hell of a driver.. You sure he's 15? I think he would whip my *** too.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very impressive.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by burnzilla

I disagree.

Watch the video. Watch the clip when the kid drives down into the ditch the first time. Watch the black object by towards the top of the screen. Then watch towards the end again where the kid somehow drives through the same median and the same object reappears..

watch at around 2:10 then again at 3:46

Last edited by buffman; 08-22-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sayin the LT1 should hav eaten that M3 but wouldn't a cop car be full of equipment?
We hav WRX's here and they take nearly 7secs to reach 60 because of all the crap they have in the back! cones,spike strips,lights,medical kit,tools,rope and god knows what else!
Plus 2 fat cops
Old 08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Teching In

well, as far as anything I've ever read that is a boosted E30 M3. 500+ hp any one?
Link to 700hp E30 M3
So I have no doubte that the E30 could walk the LT1, heck with some of the specs the sweds are runing with their E30's they can walk some of the heavy hitting LSX's.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Teching In

And two more!!
A V12 Twinturbo

And I for the life of me can not find photos of the "E30 LS2 jagermeister"
Old 09-07-2006, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5

to be honest unexperienced drivers are sometimes the best, when i first got my license, i was one of the best drivers id ever seen, because nothing scared me, i would take curves at unimaginable speeds, drift and race at high speeds on country roads, when it came to hitting curves fast, no one could hang with me(that tried) But after i lost control the first time (trying to take an 80 degree curve at 105 in my old 93 z28 racing a fox body mustang) the car spun a 180, ended up perfectly in the other lane, and i kept going and passed the mustang going the other way. When he later asked me about it, i of course told him i meant to do it (he believed it). Since that day i lost a lot of my nerve, and if i race it is usually straight road only (i bend everyonce in a while) People i know all think of me as a great driver, in alot of aspects, but im not half of what i was