Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

funniest thing you said to someone when racing/beating them???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:28 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default funniest thing you said to someone when racing/beating them???

Just boored, wanted to see some responses..

Mine are:
"wow, that was neck and neck until the light turned green"

"did you have your car in reverse?"

"Man, a good driver, a set of tires, and another 400 horsepower, and it would be a good race"

"When you said your car ran 11's, was that some sort of metric conversion?"

"Once I heard your exhaust, I knew it would be a good race....for someone a lot slower than me" FOR THE RICERS

"Did your radar detector go off or something..., because I could have sworn you hit the brakes right after the light turned green?"

"XXX rwhp? Wow, those must be some small *** horses!" Great when some idiot lies about his rwhp and gets beat

"Are you trying to hustle me or is your **** really that slow?"

"At least you got second place"

SDB
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Him "I had you to 100..."
me "You had me til I hooked."

Always great to ask somebody who's driving an auto "Did you miss 3rd?"
Old 09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my story but my friend had a fox Mustang back in the early 90s that ran mid tens @133 mph with a junkyard 460 and alot of nitrous. It sound real mild and looked almost stock.

One sunday morning he was sitting at a light and an older guy in a 69 big block Chevelle pulled up next to him and gave him the "give me a break kid" look so my friend Denis said,
Wanna run it?
Chevelle guy looked at him and laughed and said,
"This ol girl eats them Mustang for lunch kid !"

the light turned green and the guy in the chevelle hit it and and was jamin gears like a fool and Denis went roaring by him like he was tied to a tree.

when they pulled up to the next light My friend said to the guy.

"I guess the ol girl aint to hungry today is she .

The guy got pissed and fliped him off and drove away.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jleews6
Not my story but my friend had a fox Mustang back in the early 90s that ran mid tens @133 mph with a junkyard 460 and alot of nitrous. It sound real mild and looked almost stock.

One sunday morning he was sitting at a light and an older guy in a 69 big block Chevelle pulled up next to him and gave him the "give me a break kid" look so my friend Denis said,
Wanna run it?
Chevelle guy looked at him and laughed and said,
"This ol girl eats them Mustang for lunch kid !"

the light turned green and the guy in the chevelle hit it and and was jamin gears like a fool and Denis went roaring by him like he was tied to a tree.

when they pulled up to the next light My friend said to the guy.

"I guess the ol girl aint to hungry today is she .

The guy got pissed and fliped him off and drove away.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Kind of cheesy but...

There was a friendly grudge run between me and a buddy back when I had my LT1 Z28. I had some bolt-on's and juice. He had a '67 Camaro with a mild 355 and juice at the time. We had ran the night before and I beat him by 2-3 cars and he wanted to try again, same race, door to door with me getting the pop.

So we get out to the spot and another buddy of ours hopps out of his truck with a 6-pack. I'm like WTF? They decide they're going to try a "beer burnout" with his car to get better traction. So they start doing there thing and use up the whole 6-pack on his rear tires/wheels.

We take off and the outcome was the same as the night before, me by 2-3 cars.

We get back to the hangout spot and I tell him, "Maybe you shouldn't have given your car beer. I mean, I don't run too good either when I'm drunk."
Old 09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Saw it coming, but I still laughed
Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

My buddy was two lanes over from me one night when I pulled up next to a big block Nova. I heard one of my buddies(twins) yell" you better get out your woodscrews cause he's gonna blow your doors off." Dam kids, I was laughing so hard I launched about 2 seconds late

Still caught him though
Old 09-08-2006, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
My buddy was two lanes over from me one night when I pulled up next to a big block Nova. I heard one of my buddies(twins) yell" you better get out your woodscrews cause he's gonna blow your doors off." Dam kids, I was laughing so hard I launched about 2 seconds late

Still caught him though
I am gonna have to steal this one. Your bud is a genious
Old 09-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Over the summer there was a newer nissan maxima (3.5se) behind me at a light. It had tint, chrome front grille, exhaust, AEM stickers, you get the point. Well I take off the light real slow and once there's room for him to swing around me he floors it and tries to pass. I let him get to my door then floor it and run it through 2nd. I easily put a buslength on him. I slow down for traffic at a light and he rolls up on my left side. The passenger rolls down and there's a guido and his girlfriend in the car. The best part of this story is I didn't have to insult him at all, his girlfriend was already laughing at him and smiling at my giving me the thumbs up. Priceless
Old 09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Launching!

couple years back i was at a light waiting, guy in a 01 -02 cobra pulls up rolls down his passenger window looks over to me past his lady and says to me "lt1 what a turd". well when the light turned green i proceeded to show him the whole back end of my turd . at the next light his lady was looking over at me and smiling, so i politely asked her if she would like a ride in a fast car. He got so mad he rolled up the window and blew the red light
Old 09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a few from the Syclone. My favorite was after I beat an 01 Cobra from a light, I launched real hard and he stayed about 3 cars back till we shut down at 100. At the next light he pulls up next to me asking what the hell I have in there (obviously didn't know about the trucks), so me being a smartass just say back "A V6". He wasn't to happy and just drove off. My favorite story though is one I heard on SyTy.net about a Typhoon. He had just finished destroying some little ricer in a Civic and they pulled over to talk for a second. The ricer walks over to his car and asks him what he has in that thing, so the guy says come here and I'll show you. He takes him around to the back of the car and the poor kid has this confused look on his face. He opens the back hatch and he has about 500lbs of brick in the back of the Ty. The kid just looks at him and says "**** you man, thats not cool" and gets back in his and takes off.

Last edited by GhettoTy; 09-09-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Launching!

A while back I had this guy a work who kept running his mouth about how he was gonna destroy my 68. I ignored him for MONTHS..yes months. I couldnt take it anymore. We lined up one night at a back road with many witnesses and after take off I shifted into 2nd at the half way point and put him way back in the rear view mirror. Afterwards we gather up and I asked him "which one of my tail lights was out?" Serious question, I got pulled over recently for it. He cant smile, looks down at the ground and says "the right side". He quit bugging me after that night.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

This was something that was actually said to me that made me laugh before I whooped ***. I was out late one night with a buddy of mine that had a 2000 SS. Our cars ran about the same times and speeds at the track. We saw this gutted out Civic hatch with a turbo. You could hear it screamin because he was running open downpipe. I was way up ahead of my buddy and this Civic and then I saw both their headlights get brighter. My buddy thrashed him. So we are driving around and he is still following us around talking to my friend. So then he pulls up to me. He asks me if I wanted to run. I told him "Sure!" He asks, "Hey, is that an SS?" I told him it was a Z28. He looked at me and said "Phew!" with like the biggest sigh of relief I have ever heard. He said "Man, thank God because that SS behind you just whooped me." I was rollin. He wanted a 40 roll. I gave him the hit to spool and I got him by a lot. Couldn't even count. He asked if I had the bottle and everything and that there is no way my car is as fast as an SS. He then went and asked my friend and he confirmed my car had the same mods as he did. Lid and cutout. Haha. He flipped me off as he drove by. Idiot.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

I use this one on slow ricers who think they can beat a C5. After I leave them by multiple bus lengths I slow down and wait for them. Once they finally catch up I ask them “are you sure you were pressing the correct pedal? The gas is the long one on the right” They usually don’t appreciate my humor.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Teching In

I like to say when I win "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time". LOL!
Old 09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Launching!

I love these stories, keep em coming guys.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB

"When you said your car ran 11's, was that some sort of metric conversion?"
The unit of time is the second.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR

Still caught him though
HAHA! i remember that line from the movie Dazed and Confused! Scene where the Chevelle runs the Chevy pickup! I have used that one a few times!

This is an ******* thing to say when you beat someone:
"Wow... really makes me appreciate how fast my car is..."
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot another one...."hey, your headlights are really bright, I had to flip my rearview mirror down".
Old 09-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Launching!

I've never said this to anyone, but i just thought of it.

Hey, why didn't you hit it on that run? Let me know if your going to get on it this time, ok?

Here is another one.

Your car stalled didn't it? I could have sworn i saw you sitting at the line when i took off.