Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 BMW M6 vs 06 Z06 VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That race wasn't even close......even if there was a extra passenger in the Zo6, it wouldn't have mattered........that BMW got OWNED
Old 09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
As you know, 3132lb on the C6 Z06, and a little over 3900lb for the M6. The passenger would have to weigh quite a bit to stay even or gain on the Z06. The M6 is a lot of *** to haul as it is. My point: swapping the passenger out/into the Z06 will make very little difference.

And some choice quotes from the forum you posted:

This statement is ricier than driving up to a Korean teriyaki shop in a Hyundai Tiburon.

Yes, because the M6 is such a dog. Not. The Z06 is an incredibly fast car, but when comparing it to cars in its league (vs. in its price range and below, IE most cars), it's not just going to "disappear into the distance". I got a better idea, how about we put ten people in the Z06 just to make it even. And then, we'll axe off two cylinders on the M6's V10. WTF?

Obviously these guys are hung over that extra passenger thing. If they actually cared about a fair race vs. trying to find a way to beat the Z06, they'd suggest something else. Like a chaser car. I'm sure those rich guys who can afford fine German engineering () have a few M6s laying around.

Now the M6 has three people OMGS@!#@

True, it really doesn't sound like they are. As for the different tools thing.. I don't remember "room, luxury, interior quality" being advantages in a race.

And of course, the Z06 starting in 2nd gear thing was brought up by people who also scanned the forum.
I never denied that the M6 got owned. I merly suggested that putting the passenger in the lighter car, would have made it a more fair comparison.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Teching In

The outcome would have been the same! PERIOD
Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that was a pretty convincing kill ... ouch
Old 09-29-2006, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

The last race I lost...

I lost to a nitroused Viper in my ten second Buick on slicks and race gas... I was handicapped since I have 4 less cylinders...and the .3 seconds I lost by must have been the Viper's fault. Dammit. And all this time I thought I lost because my car was slower...Guess it was because my car was handicapped from the factory with the lil ol V6...

Ricer excuses **** me off.

Imports, it's what's for dinner
Old 09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
I never denied that the M6 got owned. I merly suggested that putting the passenger in the lighter car, would have made it a more fair comparison.

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Wont matter...and how is it handicapped? weight? Thats BMW's fault for making it so heavy...and if your going to play ricer games then the vette is handicapped because it has 2 less cylinders...
makes perfect (ricer) sense to me.

Originally Posted by LC2nLS6
The last race I lost...

I lost to a nitroused Viper in my ten second Buick on slicks and race gas... I was handicapped since I have 4 less cylinders...and the .3 seconds I lost by must have been the Viper's fault. Dammit. And all this time I thought I lost because my car was slower...Guess it was because my car was handicapped from the factory with the lil ol V6...

Ricer excuses **** me off.

Imports, it's what's for dinner

Starting to make since, yet?

some people you just have to hit upside the head with a 2X4 before they get it. I believe the high boost moniker with no pic's/timeslips falls into that catagory.

Last edited by SixPak; 09-29-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fadi
Let me shed some light.

The Z06 raced a lighlty bolt on F430, a tuned M5, M6, and a Gallardo. The Z06 beat each and every single one of them while IN THE WRONG GEAR. The car that gave the Z06 the best fight was the F430, it lost by about 1.5 car, but the Z06 was still pulling when it shut down. Had the F430 been stock, and had the Z06 driver been in the right gear or racing from a higher roll, the Z06 would have been not just 1.5 car ahead of the F430 and pulling, but like 3 cars ahead and pulling.

The Z06 is really something else!! I don't think it can be beat by any stock car under 300K.
The FORD GT would give it a run for it's money. Still when you see the price tag of the LS7 Z06 you can't help but smile. Can't wait to see what Dodge counters with.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Hooray for the bandwagon!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

fun fact- did you know BMW built motorcycles for germanys army in ww2, the same ones used by the notorious SS division
Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMmexican
fun fact- did you know BMW built motorcycles for germanys army in ww2, the same ones used by the notorious SS division
Don't know if you knew this but BMW is a German company and it still makes motorcycles. They are pretty nice too.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
Don't know if you knew this but BMW is a German company and it still makes motorcycles. They are pretty nice too.
well they were originally bulgerina and built helicopters BMW=bulgerian motor works, and yes i knew they are german why else would they make bikes for the ****'s
Old 09-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Banned

well they were originally bulgerina and built helicopters BMW=bulgerian motor works, and yes i knew they are german why else would they make bikes for the ****'s
Negative on the Bulgerian. Its Bayerische Motoren Werke or in English Bavarian Motor Works. BMW for short. It is and always has been based in Munich which is in Bavaria a state in Germany. Bulgaria is a former East Bloc country. BMW built engines for several airplanes and helicopters not entire flying machines. If they did build entire aircraft ,which some may argue, it was under license and not BMW products. In the future please read the available books about such things before you post something which you know little if anything about.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
Negative on the Bulgerian. Its Bayerische Motoren Werke or in English Bavarian Motor Works. BMW for short. It is and always has been based in Munich which is in Bavaria a state in Germany. Bulgaria is a former East Bloc country. BMW built engines for several airplanes and helicopters not entire flying machines. If they did build entire aircraft ,which some may argue, it was under license and not BMW products. In the future please read the available books about such things before you post something which you know little if anything about.
yeah a german guy in my class told me that hahaha..........yeah i know some about german cars but im not an expert, hence me posting on ls1 tech
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

yeah a german guy in my class told me that hahaha..........yeah i know some about german cars but im not an expert, hence me posting on ls1 tech
Its cool. I spent a lot of time in Germany and my wife is German. so I know quite a bit about the country and I am a big fan of BMW's.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Thats not common knowledge?

Are people living in caves? They have the roundel logo. Its a representation of a spinning propeller. They made a lot of the famous Me 109 fighter.

History owns most of the country.

WTF is the point though?

Frankly most people love to get their licks in with the winning side which is what 90% of the thread is. I dont see anything all that senseless in here save that. Pretty sad really.

And frankly, while putting a passenger in the Z would not have changed the overall outcome, it would have made a diff. 200LBs in a lightweight car is a big difference in power to weight.

2 different cars for different things. Not surprisingly the one built around one of the most succesful racing programs in history with more displacement and less weight won. Why the friggin hate over it?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Launching!

I wouldnt kick either one of those cars outta my bed!!
Thanks for the vid!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Thats not common knowledge?

Are people living in caves? They have the roundel logo. Its a representation of a spinning propeller. They made a lot of the famous Me 109 fighter.

History owns most of the country.

WTF is the point though?

Frankly most people love to get their licks in with the winning side which is what 90% of the thread is. I dont see anything all that senseless in here save that. Pretty sad really.

And frankly, while putting a passenger in the Z would not have changed the overall outcome, it would have made a diff. 200LBs in a lightweight car is a big difference in power to weight.

2 different cars for different things. Not surprisingly the one built around one of the most succesful racing programs in history with more displacement and less weight won. Why the friggin hate over it?
Some Germans will argue that it means the Blue sky and white clouds that are persistantly over Bavaria. Both are accepted theories in Germany. They made the engines of the ME and did SOME assembly not all. But you are far more informed than most I have met. It's all good this thread and some of the others let the less informed at least be exposed to this even if they argue and tell you that you are full of it. And yes I also thought it was common knowledge about what BMW stood for and at least some of the history.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Teching In

No more what if's, and's or but's, the C6 Z06 owned the M6 and thats it.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:00 AM
12 Second Club

Not even close, like we all tried to tell 25psi before this video was even made.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
^^^^^^

OK bitch boy here ya go. I shouldnt have to prove anything to you, but to get my dick out your mouth here ya go.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166711

Scroll down and see a black 350z with Gold LE37's on there. If you like, you can check out some of my posts.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/be841...4c4f5fffd2.htm

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41317

Me at 7-8 psi with stock cats and exhaust vs a fully bolt on ls1 and Cobra.

http://houstonperformancedriving.com...ad.php?t=10998

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ght=mr2+camaro

http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...ight=mr2+turbo

What else do you ****in want you dick rider. I have nothing to prove to you, since your way in England. I have raced many people on both forums and know plenty of people on both. I talk **** becuase, for one I can back it up. People like you keep it interesting. If you know me and hang around me, I am not this way. What do you think I would expect coming onto domestic sights talking ****. Thats what I do, becuase I know I can. Now show me some of your vids!

25psi
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 25psi
Send email to 25psi
Find More Posts by 25psi
Add 25psi to Your Buddy List

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2