Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 WS6 M6 vrs 2005 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
You are a real stang owner unlike the other guy.....everything you posted is the truth. Unlike thebigthree you actually have mods.
LOL, I'll never be a real Stang owner in your eyes then. If someone talks some trash to me, I'm coming out swinging. Sorry I'm not a panzy. The other guy is telling the truth, i'm sure from his perspective. I'm telling the truth from mine. That's all one can do.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
i think im going to go hunting for some new stangs tonight
If you cannot beat the new stang with your Dyno numbers, somethings wrong. That should be easy. Just don't run into one with a Kenne bell on it.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
TheBigthree, why do you keep speaking of altitude? BONE STOCK f-bodies are faster than bone stock new GT's. so why does altitude make a difference? your car, bone stock, is NOT faster than an LS1 f-body no matter what altitude you are at. if you win, they must have started in 3rd gear. no N/A mustang ever created has ever been faster than an LS1 f-body. and as for you saying earlier LS1's are overrated, you should be educated they were UNDERRATED ~40 horsepower from GM. our overrated LS1 cars are pushing 50 more horsepower than your mustang, not to mention we're more aerodynamic than your cardboard box on wheels. as for weight, we won't even have to bring that up.

my 2.73 geared formula - the slowest LS1 f-body you can get - still ran a 13.6 with nothing but a corsa catback, on ice cold street tires i didn't even heat up because they were new, and on heavy *** 17" aluminum corvette ZO6 wheels that guaranteed added a few tenths to my time...and this was on a warm summer's night. it doesn't matter what altitude we are at, our cars are faster than your car.
If the argument has been about power, then the edge goes to the LS1(cubes). My argument is and has been that we can run with ya. Stock 3:55's help a lot. If you're racing the 06's and 07's 3:55's are an option. Are you racing the guys without them? I dunno.

We're gonna keep repeating the "my car is better than your car debate"(my dad can beat up your dad) until we're blue in the face. The only thing to do is to race. We can't though. I've raced LS1's like many of you have raced Stangs.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Banned

Believe it or not, this thread is tiring because we're going in circles here. I don't apologize for saying I have beaten an LS1. I did enjoy myself as far as the trash talking goes. The Irony is the there was alot of Stang bashing on here and the Stang owners ignored that and tried to discredit me. Now that's being a kiss **** and a panzy. Let me make this clear again... I DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING I'VE SAID in the name of trash talking rivalry. Now, hate me if you wish, I won't lose any sleep. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Right?

LS1's, LS2's and especially the LS7 are greaattttt motors. I just know I can run with the LS1's because of my experiences.
If an LS1 lines up against me, it's going to be ***** to the wall baby!!!!!

You can continue now with your exaggerations.... bye bye!!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Posting a zillion posts consecutively as well as the content of many is probably a sure fire way out of here.

Just a friendly warning, but the mods probably won't take too kindly to it.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Junkie

So my housemate recovered from the gay... But... he caught it again. and its not looking too good. He might not make it, he's currently in a gay-induced coma that he caught from this thread. I'm actually posting from the hospital room right now. Send your prayers, he needs them.

and if somebody gets banned, just for this thread, it might as well be half the 12 year old idiots that posted in this thread.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

What's a LS1? Do they come in mustangs? -Mark
Old 10-02-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MillaTK
So my housemate recovered from the gay... But... he caught it again. and its not looking too good. He might not make it, he's currently in a gay-induced coma that he caught from this thread. I'm actually posting from the hospital room right now. Send your prayers, he needs them.

and if somebody gets banned, just for this thread, it might as well be half the 12 year old idiots that posted in this thread.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
Are you basing this on your experiences? If you've tried and cannot, i'm sorry, but I already have done it. So has one of my friends. It's not at all impossible. An LS1 is a mid to low 13 second car with occasional 12's. It's within reach. To say that it's impossible or in your words "not happening" is actually kinda funny because you sound as if you believe the LS1 runs a full second faster than the Stang. Have a lil courage man and line em up.
Trust me I've raced many at the track and have lost and won. You're adding the driver factor in. We are racing the cars against each other not driver vs. driver. Throwing the driver error in ANY car can beat ANY car. By your logic a Geo Metro could hang with a C6 Z06. Most 05+ mustangs are 13.6-13.7 in bone stock form and from what I've seen a stock LS1 can easily tap 12's. Most seem to. I'll give you that they are in the ballpark but that's it.

I consider myself a pretty good driver and I pulled a 13.2 with exhaust + tune. Nothing else. Also, don't shove words in my mouth. I never said the stang was a full second slower.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
As another 05 GT owner I'd like to say a few things.

1. 05 GT's come no where close to 300rwhp with a tune only. You'll be lucky to get 270rwhp with a tune only. They most certainly are not "detuned" like the terminators are.

2. NO WAY will a stock 05 GT or even your "modded" GT beat a stock LS1. It's just not happening.

For the record I know A LOT when it comes to the s197's. I've spent a lot of time under the hood of mine and I know what it can and cannot do.

My mods:

K&N intake
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Magnapack mufflers
Centerforce dual friction clutch
NX Wet kit spraying 100 shot
Plus I have lowered it and done some suspension work

makes 290rwhp/301rwtq off the spray and 386rwhp/432rwtq on the 100 shot

I've never run it on the current NX set up but it should run anywhere from 11.8-12.2
http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...tang_tune.html
Old 10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

If you cannot beat the new stang with your Dyno numbers, somethings wrong. That should be easy. Just don't run into one with a Kenne bell on it.
well let me inform u.. nothings wrong and i would never waste my gas on a 05 stang. and yeah run into one with a kenne bell....ooo scary. if i ran a "power adder"(aka spray) too i think mr. kenne bell would look like a sad little puppy
Old 10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
13:1 a/f????? No thanks. That tune is definatly out on the ragged edge as far as a/f ratio and timing.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Finite1
i'd take the mildly modded ws6 any day of the week.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
13:1 a/f????? No thanks. That tune is definatly out on the ragged edge as far as a/f ratio and timing.
I would disagree, but hey...we are all entitled to our opinions.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
well let me inform u.. nothings wrong and i would never waste my gas on a 05 stang. and yeah run into one with a kenne bell....ooo scary. if i ran a "power adder"(aka spray) too i think mr. kenne bell would look like a sad little puppy
Never think a certain car is not worth your gas to race. You'd be surprised. I guarantee that I would shock the hell out of you with my little N/A 4.6.

Bullitt995- Ideal A/F for N/A mod motors is between 12.8 to 13:1. I have mine flat lined all the way to 7k at 13:1.

-Mark
Old 10-02-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

***** to the wall baby!!!!!
You can continue now with your exaggerations.... bye bye!!
haha wow... what a way to go...

this thread is turning into gibberish...
Old 10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Never think a certain car is not worth your gas to race. You'd be surprised. I guarantee that I would shock the hell out of you with my little N/A 4.6.

Bullitt995- Ideal A/F for N/A mod motors is between 12.8 to 13:1. I have mine flat lined all the way to 7k at 13:1.

-Mark

I agree....mine is 12.8-13.2 across the board. That is ideal.

thebigthree - just because I don't agree with you, and I agree with the LS/LT owners here does NOT make me a panzy. It makes me REALISTIC, which you are not. Case in point, your proof that we are wrong, is your co-workers. As we all have said before, you are nothing more than a ricer driver a domestic. You have NO idea what you are talking about. You have LIMITED experience, and go to 'co-workers' for advice, instead of real world experience. I NEVER said an S197 isn't a driver's race. I dis agree that you think it is a CLOSE race. anything can happen with a crappy driver. You also need to realize that the base ratio for an A4 LS is 2.73s...compare to stock 3.55s, that is a HUGE difference. Those Ls's are mid 13s. You need to wake up, grow up, and get some real experience, and stop basing your 'end all knowledge' on your TWO RUNS. YES, TWO - as admitted by YOU.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46

-Mark
It would be a waste of gas for him to race a 05+ GT that is stock or close to it. Im sure he knows there are Stangs out there that can beat him
Old 10-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Eh 13.1 is maybe a little high. My car starts about there and goes to 12.9 maybe. I'm still not believing a tune only 05+ GT is making 300 to the wheels. They are not going to pick up 30+ hp from leaning out the a/f. You can show me all the internet sites you want but I've seen plenty of them dyno. I know what they do on a tune.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah bitemark im sure u would suprise me.. im not talking about your car which seems to be yanking the front wheels off the ground.. im talking about 05 stangs