Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have drag radials on my car. The rear end will not slide around at all. It hops if I try to get sideways. Ive taken some turns at incredible speeds and the car turns in just fine. No tire squeel.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Put it this way... which car gets respect? I drive with my 96' Z28 down a local mainstreet when there is alotta people out on my way to school, and all I see are people looking at my car in the mirrors. I see teenage guys that look like they'd drive Civic (stereotypically :-p) staring at it hard, I see girls starring, I see guys in there 40s looking at my car with a reminiscent look in their eyes. You just don't get that respect in an Import. There's nothing like driving around in a car with a long front end, leaned back in the bucket seats, feeling the torque kick you back and the cam loopes vibrating through your chair. I'm sorry but you'll never get all that with any Civic or Honda
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
omg link! I'd even register to read it!

same here

I'll even provide the original link to the post:

http://www.nestreetscene.com/viewtopic.php?t=20781
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Launching!

People look at this stuff too hard. Most Honda owners are actually Honduh owners who have as much chance of hitting thier goals as I do of running 10s on pump gas with a 16G. Zero.
Therefore, the internet, or in this example the e-tard-net is the place where they can compete in a nice bench racing theoretical world where they can look past just how expensive the "misc" catagory is and how half-assed most setups are. Where crappy track prep and some idiot in the next lane friggin up your staging by chopping down the tree do not exist. When their refuge is violated by people with honest to god results, it really kills their car expirience. Honestly a lot of people get a lot of their whole ownership expirience from online crap over and above racing/working on/driving their cars. Think about it people: do you post in here much when you have actual car stuff going? I'm on now while taking a break after some brake work and a new alternator. I dont bother when I have work to do on the car or if I am headed for the track or busy. Pun intended on the brake thing. Couldnt resist. Moving on....
Essentially, these people who talked **** up and down about how their gutted hatch was gong to dominate car X loose their last hurah when the etardnet owns them just like real life.
Moral of the story is to not talk **** about other peoples cars and enjoy your own, even if it is not running 10.50s at 135 on a bad 60 foot in the rain on street tires with pump gas, 4 passengers (one of which is your hot GFs fat cousin) while consuming a PBR and a Slim Jim.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by spootnik
same here

I'll even provide the original link to the post:

http://www.nestreetscene.com/viewtopic.php?t=20781
how the hell do you register there?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
how the hell do you register there?

sorry, registration just closed for "ride of the month" voting. it should be back open in a few days
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

when i was 16 i bought this

it was a 94 ford probe, i didnt rice it out or anything, just took off the cat, had a lightweight flywheel, cai, and a short throw shifter, it was one of the most fun cars i ever had.

it ran 15.4 stock, and 14.9 with those couple mods, and i was respected for a little probe running 14.9s and i was asked by numerous people if i sprayed it to go that fast and i said it just had bolt-ons. it is by no means even a quick car, but it was respectable for what it was and nobody ever called me a ricer or anything for modding a probe, because thats all i had, i couldnt afford anything actually fast. the only dick that ripped on that car was in an ls1 t/a at a red light and told me "cute car" i said thanks, it only cost me 1900 bucks and gets 30mpg.

most "ricers" just overdo everything to try to really stand out and they are really cocky too and they get that bullshit from tv. less is more nowadays if you ask me.

i was raised not to buy an import and i realized that i live in america, im american, and should support my coutry by buying an american car.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JDP
i was raised not to buy an import and i realized that i live in america, im american, and should support my coutry by buying an american car.
Sadly, you'll get BLASTED on here (and elsewhere) for thinking/feeling like this, and told by Econ 101 A**holes that you are actually hurting WTF?? our economy/country by buying domestic product. I guess everyone feels the need to justify/moralize their comsumerist (reports??) import nameplate choices. They might feel a little differently if they were hungry and looking for their next meal, instead of which grade of Lexus they should lease next.

I know it dosen't "go with the flow" on here (or anywhere), but this is EXACTLY why I'll NEVER own an import nameplated car. NOT because of the sounds they make, or FWD, or lack of power, or ANY of the other "ricer" reasons. I may even think they are; fast/good looking/cool/sleek/techie/great handling, etc., but I could NEVER bring myself to buy one while soooo many American citizens are hungry/unemployed, sorry.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well my dad is a part of the uaw and the company he works for distributes parts to ford/chrysler,gm and they are slow is hell and are o the verge of going out of business because of how slow the big three is becuase they arent selling enough cars.

and if anybody wants to talk about buying domestic cars vs imports, talk to my uncle, he is an international representative for the united auto workers and he knows his **** about the auto industry.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Sadly, you'll get BLASTED on here (and elsewhere) for thinking/feeling like this, and told by Econ 101 A**holes that you are actually hurting WTF?? our economy/country by buying domestic product. I guess everyone feels the need to justify/moralize their comsumerist (reports??) import nameplate choices. They might feel a little differently if they were hungry and looking for their next meal, instead of which grade of Lexus they should lease next.

I know it dosen't "go with the flow" on here (or anywhere), but this is EXACTLY why I'll NEVER own an import nameplated car. NOT because of the sounds they make, or FWD, or lack of power, or ANY of the other "ricer" reasons. I may even think they are; fast/good looking/cool/sleek/techie/great handling, etc., but I could NEVER bring myself to buy one while soooo many American citizens are hungry/unemployed, sorry.

You obviously dont realize how many Americans work for import car companies right here in the US. There are import plants everywhere in the states that employ **** loads of Amercans. Enough of that.

Also this is America, the land of capitialism. May the best product win. American car companies have been lacking in recent years, just look at the warranty that GM has offered until like 2 weeks ago. I got 36k on my 2000 trans Am. WTF is that about? It should have at least a 75k warranty standard nowadays. If they claim they have such a good product then they should have been backing it up. They didnt and in the meantime all the import companies were offering 100K 10 year warranties. If I was going to buy a family car who would I choose? The POS GM with a lousy 36k warranty or the import with a 100k warranty? They finally caught on and upped the warranty to 100k though.

Stiil no import beats drving the Trans Am
Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok #1 your honda handles "amazing" because it has a lack-of, well everything. power, weight, rear wheel platform. because it is "easier" to drive doesnt mean it handles better. it would to someone that didnt know how to really handle a race car. and im not saying a fbody is a race car but after you jump out of a honda it might as well be.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JDP
well my dad is a part of the uaw and the company he works for distributes parts to ford/chrysler,gm and they are slow is hell and are o the verge of going out of business because of how slow the big three is becuase they arent selling enough cars.

and if anybody wants to talk about buying domestic cars vs imports, talk to my uncle, he is an international representative for the united auto workers and he knows his **** about the auto industry.
The UAW is one of the biggest reasons that American car companies can not compete anymore. Sorry if that offends you since your uncle is a member, but that is the sad reality.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zigroid
I copied and pasted this story on a local import forum and they all got butthurt too!
link??? I wanna see
sorry, just caught this now. heres the link. don't go and register just to post either lol. they'll only get more pissed at me (im already hanging on just by a thread haha)
http://www.proxz.com/lvi/viewtopic.php?t=6630

edit: I see someone already registered and posted. I repeat: PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE AND REGISTER JUST TO ARGUE ON THAT THREAD.

look but dont touch lol

Last edited by zigroid; 10-20-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry i couldnt resist posting something.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Teching In

yeah i must admit i love muscle cars and big v8's. The only things i can think of in the world that come close to matching the sound of v8's are lion roars and the apocalypse. thats it. however i do have to give massive props to import owners. i love my honda and will be sad to see it go when i get an f-body, however its too expensive to hit my power goals in that thing. and im not saying that f-body's handle bad, its just that hondas can probably handle better. they're lighter and built differently than f-bodies. not only that but f-bodies are built for drag racing. my honda is not a drag car its a track car, which i have had to remind several v8 cars who decided they wanted to try to start **** with me. my honda may be slow but it its fun. (and 32mpg doesn't hurt either
Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InternetPir4te
yeah i must admit i love muscle cars and big v8's. The only things i can think of in the world that come close to matching the sound of v8's are lion roars and the apocalypse. thats it. however i do have to give massive props to import owners. i love my honda and will be sad to see it go when i get an f-body, however its too expensive to hit my power goals in that thing. and im not saying that f-body's handle bad, its just that hondas can probably handle better. they're lighter and built differently than f-bodies. not only that but f-bodies are built for drag racing. my honda is not a drag car its a track car, which i have had to remind several v8 cars who decided they wanted to try to start **** with me. my honda may be slow but it its fun. (and 32mpg doesn't hurt either
I love when people say F-bodys arent built for handling, just for drag racing. Well what exactly is a Honda built for? Hmm, an economy, family car. Hondas werent ever built for any type of racing.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Teching In

I love when people say F-bodys arent built for handling, just for drag racing. Well what exactly is a Honda built for? Hmm, an economy, family car. Hondas werent ever built for any type of racing.
well technically speaking neither were f-bodies. but im just saying that hondas can and frequently do out handle f-bodies
Old 10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

well technically speaking neither were f-bodies. but im just saying that hondas can and frequently do out handle f-bodies
Since we're comparing a company's worth of cars to the outdated f-body platform, what about the Y-body?
Old 10-22-2006, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

uhmmm.......

www.frrax.com

Last edited by spootnik; 10-22-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Not too far from the truth for many of the Honda kids out there. Up where I'm at, we've managed to educate most of them as to what makes a fast car different from a reasonably quick Honda. These days, it's not so much a bunch of Ricers hanging out, it's a mix of Old School Muscle, Detroit Iron and Sport Compacts. There's some crossover racing between the types as someone is always looking to get a benchmark on their ride but everybody gets along pretty well. If experienced folks with FAST cars spent a little more time hanging out with these under educated kids, there'd be less of the F&F BS and less light to light in town racing. It'd probably take some of the Street Racing heat off of all of us. The biggest impact us older guys have made on these kids is to get them to quit the light to light crap and go out on the deserted road in the country. Ya kill less innocents that way.
Great post. I'll be doing some of what you're talking about, as I'm gonna be fixing up my DD/beater a little bit. I know it won't be fast, but it could be fun. I'll have to be sure to show up to the local meets with my truck every now and again, just to keep people in check, lol.

Quick Reply: Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet