Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Never knew this you mean some people don't auctally take them to race tracks spend hours upon hours picking cams, building the motors and tweaking suspension settings?

I was fooled because this lime green del sol had a spoiler on top of a spoiler, I figured he was a big money player and just cowared when he asked to race.

If you don't see the sarcasm, then you will also think I want you to live

I know i'm in a VERY small group of "fast" civics, and even smaller one here.

I still wonder where the kill is?
Can I get an english translation on this post please.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
You obviously dont realize how many Americans work for import car companies right here in the US. There are import plants everywhere in the states that employ **** loads of Amercans. Enough of that.
You obviously don't realize just how much of an "umbrella" the U.S. auto industry falls under. There could NEVER, EVER be enough import nameplate "transplant" plants to make up for the massive American job losses (and all of the subsidiary/supplier losses) at the hands of the Nippon/Asian economic invaders.

Look, this could go on back and forth forever, and it does NOT belong in this thread. But I DO have a right to NOT buy import nameplate product, for which ever reason I choose.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00firebird
ok #1 your honda handles "amazing" because it has a lack-of, well everything. power, weight, rear wheel platform. because it is "easier" to drive doesnt mean it handles better. it would to someone that didnt know how to really handle a race car. and im not saying a fbody is a race car but after you jump out of a honda it might as well be.
Right on.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:36 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

The UAW is one of the biggest reasons that American car companies can not compete anymore. Sorry if that offends you since your uncle is a member, but that is the sad reality.
****, you guys are on a roll.

again.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Look, this could go on back and forth forever, and it does NOT belong in this thread. But I DO have a right to NOT buy import nameplate product, for which ever reason I choose.
Switch it to "Japanese" and I'm right there with you. (I've owned 5 BMWs over the years... sorry. Well, 4 of them I only owned due to being stationed in Germany for two different tours. Only one made it back to the states.)
Old 10-23-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dailydriver
You obviously don't realize just how much of an "umbrella" the U.S. auto industry falls under. There could NEVER, EVER be enough import nameplate "transplant" plants to make up for the massive American job losses (and all of the subsidiary/supplier losses) at the hands of the Nippon/Asian economic invaders.

Thats right you do have the right to buy whatever you want. Thats Capitialism at its best. If I think the import is a better buy then I can buy it. If you want to buy domestic just because its American, then you buy it. See how easily my point is proven.

BTW, domestic car compny employees are losing jobs because of the lack of innovation, productivity, and motivation of the American car company employees, hence the UAW. If these employees didnt have a union contract that let them stay at work even when they were complete shitty workers then maybe the domestics would be more productive and in turn become more competitive.

Thats why imports can outprice us. They have more productive workers. Better effiicency and productivity leads to lower prices for consumers. If the domestic companies could get rid of that damn union everyone else would benifit.

Last edited by brad8266; 10-23-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Launching!

IMO its more of an image thing than anything else. It as much the perception of the UAW and Detroit and of our nation as a whole as it is the actual effects of the UAW. Its like 911. It did not physically imact me directly even one bit. The economic effects of depressed stock brokers sure did. The psychic costs sure as hell did. Perception.

I work with a guy. Hes a cook, and a damn good one too. I figure hes about 21. Smart guy. Im not going to say how old I am. In here I am middle aged LOL.

Anyway, in my dept its common knowledge who gives a crap about cars and such. This guy asks me about his options to buy a car. He wants a nice fun DD. Not a race car, not some saturday night toy, just a sporty fun stylish car. He then says he will be looking an an NSX.

"Hugh!?"

"Oh, I mean an RSX I think..."

"Good for you if your getting an NSX, I would like a mid-engine semi-exotic myself.."

"Yeah, its an RSX. Those are pretty fast right?"

So I basicly say that for what it is, it is very decent, just dont go trying to race Camaros or Evos and what not. He's totally fine with that, he really doesnt care about that. And I say that the RSX is a fine car. It is. Nice to drive, solid, little pricey, but he has a deal somehow on it.

I suggest buying a Solstice or Sky. Maybe not as practical, but very similar price for a better looking car thats more stylish and more fun. Maybe a G6.

"Arent American cars bad?"

This guy is not some fan boy. He hates riced out overblown crap. Likes the LS6 Camaro one of the guys on my crew drives. He has just had it pounded into his head by the press and dipsh!ts who think they know about cars that domestics suck. I explained that my Plymouth has over 160K on it and does great 70 miles a day. I explained how relaible and honest to god practical LS1s are despite making 340 plus HP stock.
He listened, but I know damn well Ill see a new RSX in the parking lot by the end of the week.
Perception.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

The UAW is one of the biggest reasons that American car companies can not compete anymore. Sorry if that offends you since your uncle is a member, but that is the sad reality.

Maybe. But the UAW is the also the reason Americans aren't PAID like they work in another country. Without the UAW, people would be making half the pay with less benefits if any at all, while the CEO's vote themselves a raise every month. That's why I support union, strength in numbers, and they can't be bullied around.

Support union, support the diminishing american middle class.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Maybe. But the UAW is the also the reason Americans aren't PAID like they work in another country. Without the UAW, people would be making half the pay with less benefits if any at all, while the CEO's vote themselves a raise every month. That's why I support union, strength in numbers, and they can't be bullied around.

He's right... the Middle Class of America is getting fucked right now...
People should be getting $10 for clerk jobs, fast food joints, production lines, manufacturing jobs, etc... and whats more fucked up is the company's they work for, the REAL CEO's get millions/billions of dollars while the middle class waits on its income tax check ( if they even get one ) to afford one vacation a year.
Today, you gotta bring home over 25-30K to even have a chance to afford a house.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you have the skills and are a productive worker the money will come your way. If you really need a union to keep a job then you obviously arent a very competitive employee. "Strength in numbers" lol, you pay money out of your check too for that mob mentality strength. Unions are a ****** waste. How many jobs with union only workers are thriving today? Lets just use Ford and Gm as examples, yeah unions are successful alright.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is turning into a political debate here now so this will be my last post. How is the middle class getting fucked right now? The economy is doing better than ever. $10 an hour as a clerk starting?? You gotta be kidding right? Some clerks already make that, my little brother does althoug hes been there a few years since hes in school.

If you have a career job and you are making 10 an hour then you obviously arent too successful and probably not educated. Those jobs are for kids and people going to school, not for careers.

Go out and work hard and educate yourself and you will find wealth. The problem with this country is that everyone thinks they are entitled to all this **** like healthcare and a high paying job. You aint entitled to ****, you go out and earn it. if you cant do that then too ****** bad.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned

If you have the skills and are a productive worker the money will come your way. If you really need a union to keep a job then you obviously arent a very competitive employee. "Strength in numbers" lol, you pay money out of your check too for that mob mentality strength. Unions are a ****** waste. How many jobs with union only workers are thriving today? Lets just use Ford and Gm as examples, yeah unions are successful alright.

This is turning into a political debate here now so this will be my last post. How is the middle class getting fucked right now? The economy is doing better than ever. $10 an hour as a clerk starting?? You gotta be kidding right? Some clerks already make that, my little brother does althoug hes been there a few years since hes in school.

If you have a career job and you are making 10 an hour then you obviously arent too successful and probably not educated. Those jobs are for kids and people going to school, not for careers.

Go out and work hard and educate yourself and you will find wealth. The problem with this country is that everyone thinks they are entitled to all this **** like healthcare and a high paying job. You aint entitled to ****, you go out and earn it. if you cant do that then too ****** bad.

Even if you have the skills, they'll train an illegal mexican to do what you do for 1/2 your wage and no benefits. They can charge less because they pay less, and that's also how they justify the drop in quality. Oh, they sold more units, "TIME TO GIVE MYSELF A RAISE!" even though the raises given to employees typically aren't even enough to cover cost of living increases...

Yes, you pay a bit for union dues, but it's also for job security, so you can't be fired for any and every reason some ******** powerhungry boss feels like because he found out his wife was banging a carpenter. Unions are everywhere, and far from useless. If you are going to get your new house wired, would you pay extra for a union employee to do it? Or are you going to go down to Home Depo, hire the mexican outside, and save a few bucks?

They ARE entitled to good pay because they DO spend 3 years in training. They are SKILLED workers! The REAL problem with this country is the CEO's who think they are entitled to 200 times more than the guy wiring the house, or the foreman making sure a foundation is poured properly.

The middle class is getting fucked because everyone is cutting corners to save money, and some of the corners getting cut are the workers with years of experience. I do a lot of warranty work in new construction, and I have several builders not very happy with me because I'm not shy about telling a homeowner than a problem exists because workmanship sucked. I know what builders use union and what don't. I'm not timid about calling them out. But you know what? They can't fire me because I work for their subcontractors. They'd have to fire the subcontractor which they won't because they have deals for multiple subdivisions and not many can do what I do in the time I can do it as effectively as I do it as cheaply as I can do it.

Quit being gay.

Last edited by Asmodeus; 10-23-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

blah blah, aint nobody gonna train some illegal immigrant in my job and take my job and give it to him, thats why you dont get a **** job.

Some of you need to stop listening to the news. The only jobs illegals seem to really be stealing are the really low paying jobs, not the good ones. How many day labor parking lot illegal mexicans do you know that are making mad $$. I dont know any.

I spent a few years in training as well as college. Does that give me the RIGHT and ENTITLEMENT to a good job? NO!! I dont have thr right to a high paying job but I did go out and earn it.

Stop being a liberal.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

This is turning into a political debate here now so this will be my last post.
Take your own advice.

Quit lying.

Quit being Republican.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Unions are everywhere
Not according to this. Unions are down nearly 8% from their highest point in the '80s. 12.5% is a quite a minority in the workforce, and most certainly does not represent "everywhere."

Someone needs to dig up the thread where Delphi was sometimes paying $100,000 a year (including benefits) to their facotry workers. There are some professionals (quite a few, actually) who don't make that much.

The UAW has GM by the *****, and GM will never be able to compete with Toyota as long as that remains so.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Banned

Want to help the economy? I would like to see a 25% pay increase across the board for every employee of every fortune 500 company, and a 40% pay cut for all Fortune 500 CEO's. Did the CEO work hard to get where he is? Yes, I don't deny that. Does it deserve 8-9 digit+ annual salaries? No ******* way. The success of a company hinges more on lower management and the people he supervises than boardroom decisions IMO.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Take your own advice.

Quit lying.

Quit being Republican.
I couldnt resist.
Lying about what?
Who said Im rebublican?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

The success of a company hinges more on lower management and the people he supervises than boardroom decisions IMO.
And have you ever been a top level manager of any company since you seem to know what makes a successful corporation?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned

And have you ever been a top level manager of any company since you seem to know what makes a successful corporation?
No, but I've seen foremans in the field make field decisions that conflicted with boneheaded decisions sent down by top brass. Decisions that made the project instead of breaking it. Had he followed the order sent down from above word for word, someone's house would have fallen in on them several years down the road.

I have also seen people follow those orders, leading to less than desirable results.. such as a kitchen add on resulting in an overhang above the basement escape window no one can now climb out of. OOPS! Guess the top brass didn't pay attention to the blueprints and told them what to do, inch for inch. They ended up paying for it in the end when the inspector came out and saw what got fucked up.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, but I've seen foremans in the field make field decisions that conflicted with boneheaded decisions sent down by top brass. Decisions that made the project instead of breaking it. Had he followed the order sent down from above word for word, someone's house would have fallen in on them several years down the road.

I have also seen people follow those orders, leading to less than desirable results.. such as a kitchen add on resulting in an overhang above the basement escape window no one can now climb out of. OOPS! Guess the top brass didn't pay attention to the blueprints and told them what to do, inch for inch. They ended up paying for it in the end when the inspector came out and saw what got fucked up.
Yeah of course there are mistakes sometimes, but top management is top management for a reason, most of those guys have been there and done that already. You dont just get these jobs given to you, you have to work hard and prove yourself. You take a few instances and blanket it all across the board like its the norm.
Top level management is crucial in any business, they set the tone and goals of the company. Evereyone has their place, from CEO's to bottom level employees. They all have their specific function.

Quick Reply: Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet