Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ferrari Testarossa then an 07 ZO6 & Ferrari 456M GTA

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ferrari Testarossa then an 07 ZO6 & Ferrari 456M GTA

3 Sundays ago I went to an open house for Ferraris and Maserati’s (my friend works at the dealership), after leaving I stopped for gas and when I was getting back on the road I saw a Ferrari Testarossa drive by so I followed him onto 495… I saw this guy at the open house and if he heard me pull in or leave he knew I was not stock I followed him for a bit trying to get next to him, initially he just took off and weaved through traffic, I did not want to draw too much attention so waited to pick my spot (one thing I will say is man those things can handle!!!!) After some positioning I got right behind him and he hit it… and I followed…. I actually had to drive around him because when I dropped it into 3rd I was already doing around 75-80 and the car lurched forward so fast I was climbing up his a$$ pretty quickly, I eased off and when I got around him I nailed it again, shifted into 4th, he held decent ground but was fading… then into 5th, I ran it up to about 150 – 155, by that time I was about 2 - 3 bus lengths or so in front of him. I saw him drop back quickly and when I slowed down to get a look at him he went far below the speed limit LOL Guess he did not want to make eye contact…

Yesterday I went for a cruise down to Hooters in RI, me and my 2 buddies went with, one has a 99 Ferrari 456M GTA and the other has an 07 ZO6…. Until now I have not yet been able to run the Z… We all messed around on the way down; the ZO6 caught some running room in front of me and hammered it… I followed with the GTA behind me, 4th through 5th I ran mine to about 5,800 – 6,000 rpm, I figure I was doing about 155 when my bud tapped his breaks… I thought I would be able to pull up on him pretty good but I only lifted slightly once the rpm’s went over 6,000… My buddy in the GTA was playing catch-up to the tune of about 7 bus lengths… (note: the GTA is Ferraris attempt at a luxury sports car, it weighs over 4,000 LBS!!!) So on the way back all 3 cars line up side by side… the moment of truth…. I dropped it into 3rd around 60-70mph… ZO6 honks 3 times… I would say the ZO6 got the jump and I followed then my other bud in the GTA… my car caught and passed him by about 1 car, when I shifted into 4th the Z started gaining ground… until I hit about 6,000rpm then I started pulling away again, then shifted into 5th, the same thing happened again, I could see him in the side view mirror starting to gain on me… until I came up on the 5,600 rpm mark then I once again started to pull… ever so slightly…. Then we caught up to the traffic in front of us… I would estimate I had him by about 1.5 to 2 cars up to when we bailed out… all I can say is holy crap those things are fast!!!! If I would have to guess I would say the Z has so much more mid range torque that once my RPM’s dipped below 5,500 his torque made up for the difference and started to pull… very, very close race and what a freaking blast it was to go out and finally beat on her!!! How cool is it to get a ZO6 and Ferrari owner to go out and thrash on their cars!!!! Oh and about the GTA… he beat on it but the HP and weight took it’s toll… but I bet if we 3 pulled up to valet our cars they would put his right out front LOL My bud with the Ferrari was ecstatic and wants to do it again ASAP!

About my car… I am not sure what the HP is… the Z had a purchased tune thrown into it, he is not sure what he is pushing but I figure they are around 440 - 460 stock, plus the tune which is guaranteed to give another 25 – 30 RWHP so figure around 480 for him with a weight of 3320 with him in it to my 3800…. I figure I have about 600 to the rear… now I want more! Or an 07 ZO6!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome races
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

that is the kind of cars some people dreams of getting to race.congrats on the kills on 2 sweet rides with your beast .
Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

That is a GOOD day of racing. Nice kills.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

kick *** kills...
Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

the testarossa, what model was it exactly? the 512TR is really damn quick
Old 11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

What kind of friends do you have? Investment bankers with no families? Yuppies trying to buy speed? My friend can't even afford a night at the strip club.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
My friend can't even afford a night at the strip club.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys... I think the Testarossa was the newer model, it did fly, but I think the bhp is only 440 and I think the top speed is only 182... (only LOL)... My buds have done well for themselves, I have known them quite a long time and they def earned what they have.. paid their dues... and like I said at least they don't showcase their rides... they beat the snot out of them LOL And me.... let's just say my kids are gonna have to fend for themselves ha ha ha
Old 11-06-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Good kills. Thats cool that you have friends with nice cars that will race them! The Z06 is a badass car!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Kill's. Sound's like you had fun.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

you must have a fast car to keep up w/ the ferrari... ok yea def lol...700rwhp

Year: 1994-1996
Horse Power @ RPM: 432@6750
MPG(Cty/Hwy): 15/10
Braking 60-0Mph: 127
skidpad .92
Quarter Mile time: 12.7 sec.
0-100 time: 10.9 sec.
0-60 time: 4.6 sec.
Top Speed: 196 mph
Displacement: 4942 Cc
Torque @ RPM: 5500
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual

Not the fastest by far but I know their top end power is insane
Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

That 7000rpm redline really helps in the Z. Once you shift he has a much better mechanical advantage, until you get back up in rpms and your power starts to pull through again. I hear 4th gear in the Z is good for 160mph.

Good runs, I'd be high for a week if I had that happen to me.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

Yes it was a good race, sorry about the windshield.

I must say I was surprised my car went so well against yours, can't wait to smoke you on a road course next year.

John
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98BLKMOBILE
3 Sundays ago I went to an open house for Ferraris and Maserati’s (my friend works at the dealership), after leaving I stopped for gas and when I was getting back on the road I saw a Ferrari Testarossa drive by so I followed him onto 495… I saw this guy at the open house and if he heard me pull in or leave he knew I was not stock I followed him for a bit trying to get next to him, initially he just took off and weaved through traffic, I did not want to draw too much attention so waited to pick my spot (one thing I will say is man those things can handle!!!!) After some positioning I got right behind him and he hit it… and I followed…. I actually had to drive around him because when I dropped it into 3rd I was already doing around 75-80 and the car lurched forward so fast I was climbing up his a$$ pretty quickly, I eased off and when I got around him I nailed it again, shifted into 4th, he held decent ground but was fading… then into 5th, I ran it up to about 150 – 155, by that time I was about 2 - 3 bus lengths or so in front of him. I saw him drop back quickly and when I slowed down to get a look at him he went far below the speed limit LOL Guess he did not want to make eye contact…

Yesterday I went for a cruise down to Hooters in RI, me and my 2 buddies went with, one has a 99 Ferrari 456M GTA and the other has an 07 ZO6…. Until now I have not yet been able to run the Z… We all messed around on the way down; the ZO6 caught some running room in front of me and hammered it… I followed with the GTA behind me, 4th through 5th I ran mine to about 5,800 – 6,000 rpm, I figure I was doing about 155 when my bud tapped his breaks… I thought I would be able to pull up on him pretty good but I only lifted slightly once the rpm’s went over 6,000… My buddy in the GTA was playing catch-up to the tune of about 7 bus lengths… (note: the GTA is Ferraris attempt at a luxury sports car, it weighs over 4,000 LBS!!!) So on the way back all 3 cars line up side by side… the moment of truth…. I dropped it into 3rd around 60-70mph… ZO6 honks 3 times… I would say the ZO6 got the jump and I followed then my other bud in the GTA… my car caught and passed him by about 1 car, when I shifted into 4th the Z started gaining ground… until I hit about 6,000rpm then I started pulling away again, then shifted into 5th, the same thing happened again, I could see him in the side view mirror starting to gain on me… until I came up on the 5,600 rpm mark then I once again started to pull… ever so slightly…. Then we caught up to the traffic in front of us… I would estimate I had him by about 1.5 to 2 cars up to when we bailed out… all I can say is holy crap those things are fast!!!! If I would have to guess I would say the Z has so much more mid range torque that once my RPM’s dipped below 5,500 his torque made up for the difference and started to pull… very, very close race and what a freaking blast it was to go out and finally beat on her!!! How cool is it to get a ZO6 and Ferrari owner to go out and thrash on their cars!!!! Oh and about the GTA… he beat on it but the HP and weight took it’s toll… but I bet if we 3 pulled up to valet our cars they would put his right out front LOL My bud with the Ferrari was ecstatic and wants to do it again ASAP!

About my car… I am not sure what the HP is… the Z had a purchased tune thrown into it, he is not sure what he is pushing but I figure they are around 440 - 460 stock, plus the tune which is guaranteed to give another 25 – 30 RWHP so figure around 480 for him with a weight of 3320 with him in it to my 3800…. I figure I have about 600 to the rear… now I want more! Or an 07 ZO6!

Damn, that's fair. The only people that want to race me are PU trucks and minivans. Oh, the humanity.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Testarossa then an 07 ZO6 & Ferrari 456M GTA