Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Racers arrested and cars to be sold

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cwaldt
Sorry I pissed in your corn flakes. But I figured I'd atleast post in here as a warning to what can happen. Next time I won't worry about it.
Perfect! No one asked you to worry about it in the first place.

We have a drag racing section for you.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Unconstitutional. A lot of those charges will be dropped and vehicles will be returned.
While it sucks that they are losing their cars, and I would be pissed if it were me, it isn't unconstitutional because driving is a privilege not a right. So driving is not protected. Also the way some laws are structured your car can be guilty of the crime too therefore it gives them the right to take the vehicle. I agree it sucks but just a few have made the rest of us look bad, Guilty by association i suppose they would say.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Launching!

I belive they should be hit with a ton of fines!! but I do not belive that they should have there personell property taken away. If there were more strips around it will defenitly help. Wish there was one that was open close to me.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the_hunted
I belive they should be hit with a ton of fines!! but I do not belive that they should have there personell property taken away. If there were more strips around it will defenitly help. Wish there was one that was open close to me.
The last time I went to the track I was there for several hours...between
3 and 4 if I recall correctly. I got in a whopping zero passes. It
sure is nice having a track 45 minutes from your house.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

I have two tracks near me(40mins one way) and one that is about 1.5hr one way. I usually show up at 4-5 when the gates open and stay till 9-10 and get between 2-5 passes in. There was one wednesday I got 10 passes though.

I usually dont actually go to the street races, mabye once or twice a year because its all ricers there. If I get a chance to do a stoplight run or a roll race down the high way ill take it. But I never go over 115-120 when racing on the highway, and never over 80 if its a stoplight run. There are the rare occasions that I want to see how fast I can go and ill push it to the limit if there are no cars around. But that wont happen anymore, because I totalled my truck ''pushing the limits". Luckily I only fucked my **** up, not someone elses.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rancor352
While it sucks that they are losing their cars, and I would be pissed if it were me, it isn't unconstitutional because driving is a privilege not a right. So driving is not protected. Also the way some laws are structured your car can be guilty of the crime too therefore it gives them the right to take the vehicle. I agree it sucks but just a few have made the rest of us look bad, Guilty by association i suppose they would say.

The problem is the car is personal property and not a privelage to own. Part of the Constitution is about being secure in your property (an inalienable right).

While I definately agree that driving privelage should be taken away for a period, the confiscation of personal property is a slippery slope that could lead to other "like minded" reactions. Next it will be firearms, and the other "feel good" dangerous items. But what about when it comes to the small things that are a threat to no one but the establishment? Hasn't the precedent been set?

BTW, I am a Police Officer, but disagree with the forfiture of personal property for a Misdemeanor crime. Commission of a Felony means you lose certain inalienable rights if found guilty.

EDIT: I admit to being a bit of a paradox since I do drive a modified car, don't street race, but am a LEO. I say save it for the track, but I also don't think that the long arm of the law should necessarily reach into dangerous ground that could have an effect on all of us (since even LEOs are citizens too).
Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Azrael
The problem is the car is personal property and not a privelage to own. Part of the Constitution is about being secure in your property (an inalienable right).
I completely agree with you, and that is correct. I suppose I should have stated how one would get around rights of the consitution by declaring your property guilty of a crime as well(normally used with drug cases to hinder the person from furthering their career as a dealer). I am not familar with the laws where this took place either, its different here in MI.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't 70 cops in one place excessive use of force??? Someone could rob a bank blind for the 30 minutes every cop for miles was busy with something like this.

Plus, where are the reserves incase something serious happens?? I am not saying they shouldn't have of been busted but damn.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Noooooo! They be haulin' my VTEC away yo!
ahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

there is no alternative choices when it comes racing who is going to wait 4-6 ours to get 2 passes at the track thats what drives these people to street race. example last night 2 guys wrecked there hondas not 20 mintues from me street racing it was all over the news our track which is irwindale is a 1/8 mile track and is only open on thursday to the public so i say if they want to stop street racing build us some god damn tracks and stop tacking are cars.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
Perfect! No one asked you to worry about it in the first place.

We have a drag racing section for you.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rancor352
The right to own the car is protected though, it is private property.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder what it's like to see your car getting towed away involuntarily. At least they're just rice. Minus the Fox and SN95 which should have had no business being there in the first place!

I think that it's not the government's responsibility to give you the right to run your car faster than the speed limit on any road. The whole "drag strip is too far" excuse won't hold up in court, much less with common sense. You bought the car, you know the laws. If you want to exercise your right to use your property how you see fit, do it on land that you own. IE: buy some land.

It's all relative, too. When the use of your personal property endangers lives, you become a threat. Do imagine the example that it was your kid, wife, or family caught up in the middle between two ricers going at it at 100+mph (165 my ***!). Try and tell me you wouldn't want their licenses suspended, fined to all Hell, and cars impounded. Especially if, God forbid, an accident were to occur and involved innocent bystanders.

I enjoy street racing, but I've always kept it at a minimum. Organizing this stuff wasn't the smartest thing to do.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Hmmm...This seems to have the all too familiar aroma of good old fashion "politics". Now I must admit that I don't know too much about the area where this occurred, but I wonder if someone such as the mayor, city counsil or chief of police is up for re-election. This could be nothing more than a political move to shore up support from the local citizentry, showing that authorities are cracking down on street racing. I mean is there any documented police reports of anyone being injured or killed as a result of street racing that would warrant such a large crack down operation. By all means I do not condone street racing, but this makes you wonder nonetheless. Just my $0.02.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised how ignorant many people are about the intentions of the founders of this country with reguard to protecting all of our rights and property. The camel got its nose under the personal property rights "tent" so to speak with the R.I.C.O. laws. Many people said it then, the gov. will run amok and look for ways to confiscate your property for increasingly lesser crimes. Shure, it sounded great to strip Al Capone types of all their worldly treasures because you "know" they're a crook. The consequences of all these laws have resulted in people having various forms of property taken and even when federal courts order the return of the property, local politicians and law enforcement stonewall and flat out refuse to return the property. I wonder if it because they see all property they confiscate as permanently theirs. Someone earlier mentioned taking away guns from wreckless idiots. Hell, you only need to be protecting yourself from burglars in your own home to qualify for that. Dont believe me? Visit www.givethemback.com As far as street racing goes, its illegal. When caught, you get your fine be it $500, or $2000. When someone engages in ANY act that causes the injury or death of an innocent passer by, thats wreckless homicide. Do your 6-20 years and then go on. Prevention is the sword of tyrants and despots. One ounce of prevention isnt worth the saving of any or all of my family to me. Why the hell do we all submit to having our lives micromanaged by these fearmongers? Really, how many lives are taken per year by streetracing? How about all those road side safety checks? I bet no one gets killed by drunk drivers now and were all real safe to! What a joke. Seems like they give out seatbelt, registration, insurance, and other nuissance tickets from the newspaper reports. I've seen where the police have failed to give out a single DUI in a roadblock. Even if they do, it isnt worth the impairment to free travel, again not even if it saves my own life. If someone hits me drunk, I expect the law to prosecute them and put them in jail for many years and thats it. Even roadblocks arent enough for these people though. Now, in my town, the cops hang out with walkie talkies on streets and spot people without seatbelts. Its like a damn feeding frenzy. Fortunately I've gotten very good at using my left thumb to quick drag my belt over my shoulder for show. You know, the gestappo and the stazi did these exact same things to their public. Even they didnt resort to seatbelt checks though. Anyway, auto confiscation is the wave of the future. It WILL get more widespread and will be used for more minor infractions. Auto confiscation was originally hailed as the savior from repeat drunk driving. Some of the drunks have gotten more clever though and drive throw aways when they go out drinking. Now, its used against street racing. I wonder what the evolution of the streetracer will be. Maybe destroying the car before it gets to law enforcement or more fleeing and eluding. I have to wonder why someone would be compelled to stop when they have to forfeit their car with a $8k + loan. I'll bet anyone here that within 10 years, cars will be confiscated for even multiple speeding ticket offences. It will no doubt start with speeding in excess of 120mph and work its way down. Wow, what a rant! While I'm at it though, the city of Springfield, Il has even passed an ordinace preventing smoking from ANY place of employment. Oh yes folks, that does mean ANY COMPANY VEHICLE!!
WTF, over?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Teching In

I dont know i think organizing it was stupid because thats just the type of crap that would attract cops. I love to street race tho and I only do it WHEN THE ROAD IS EMPTY and late at night. I never get above 120 either I see no problem in street racing as long as you do it when no 1 else is on the road. What man on this earth has not street raced before at least 1 time in his life
Old 11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

This sounds like a bunch of low income payed officers tryin to rank in some overtime running operations like these!! Its bs that they go to this extreme! Cop lights and some citations would have broken up the races! But taking peoples cars thats just trying to turn some good ole tax payin citizens with love for what they work hard for... into real criminals!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well at least detroit has bigger problems than street racing.

i wish that they had more tracks around where we can go, pay like 10-15 bucks to get in, and have it be like how some tracks where a person flags them and no timing is used, its basically a street race. you can line up with your buddies, set people out cars, whatever you want, and that is sweet if you ask me.

milan has testing on weds and fridays and it about 40 minutes away and you might have to wait all day to race. the closest track that does the street racing style **** is about 3-4 hours away. so if i want to run.

if i want to run one of my friends, we go to a secluded road, about 10 minutes away, no cross traffic, people, other cars, or houses, do our run, and get the hell out. and its free.

people that race in traffic, and people the pile up down a street while two cars race is understandable because one blown tire at a decent speed, means that car can take out a couple folks standing by.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cwaldt
Sorry I pissed in your corn flakes. But I figured I'd atleast post in here as a warning to what can happen. Next time I won't worry about it.

Think of how you would feel if you got arrested, and they took your car away.

Thats all I am saying. Stuff like this, makes me want to stay off the streets... But....nobody deserves to loose there car...nor do we need comments like this in the "street racing section".

Yes, I belive things should be done on the track..... but, again, this is the street racing section.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

People, there is a time and place for everything. Know your sourroundings, know your friends. If your going to a "spot"....simply tell the people you know...and keep the spectating to a minimum. Nobody needs to see you walk so and so. Yes, I do belive there are alot of idiots, that simply don't belong behind the wheel of there own cars...simply because they lack the baility or know how to drive there car properly. Those people, we all can usually point out. Some of them, are reading my very posts right now.

Again, time and place for everything. Be careful of what you post, as far as video's go. Watch out for your plate shots. Don't be stupid. Don't race in an area where you have the possability of killing little peggy sue and her mother. Again people, common sense.

As far as these cops.....and spending time and money on a stake out for some kids that are racing...to me, is very stupid, and a waste of time.

Why?

Cause there are too many killers and rapiest out there that they should be investing the time in. To me, it's a real shame to see this.

Quick Reply: Street Racers arrested and cars to be sold