Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Racers arrested and cars to be sold

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am NOT a fan of street racing. I dont do it. But as many of you have said, you are SAFE about it. Here-in lies the problem for me. When you have your average joe of a street race, its just two people, a quick race or two, and thats it, what are the chances of getting into an accident or hurting someone (albeit it small, its still there, and even that chance is why I DISLIKE street racing), but when you gather in a large group, how much more of a chance is there that someone will be hurt at the end? It increases LARGLY. I think that they should have big fat fines all around, and their cars confiscated for a good period of time. But to auction it off is simply wrong, and dumb within itself. What type of person do they think is going to buy that car from an auction? Your 90 year old grand ma? I dont think so, and to get a vehicle like that for cheap, only means it could fall into the hands of an even less mature person, or worse yet, someone who is less mature, and will have the extra money from buying it, to put into the engine and make it that much more dangerous. While I dont like street racing, I have NO problem with it, so long as its in a safe manner, but to organize it in larges groups is plain out dumb, and becomes a THREAT, but not so much that their private property should be taken and sold.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
I can see arresting them and charging them with street racing, but seizing their cars is ridiculous. That is unconstitutional, they shouldn't be able to just take away their personal property like that because they broke a traffic law.

Seizing the cars with stolen parts makes sense, but just confiscating someones car for breaking a traffic law is assenine. Take them to court and pull their license and charge them with the infractions, but taking their car away without compensation is just ridiculous.

"Johns" who frequent prostitutes loose there cars, drug dealers and buyers loose there cars, and they are not even endangering the public with their action. Seems like justice to me, and keeps them from killing the innocent. Want to race? Go to a track, thats what they are there for.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zeke34
LMAO... Chris is that really how it is down at Sac?
You'll have to come out with us to see next time. Out of 7 lanes (i think), 3 or 4 of them are filled with ricers. And on Wed nights, which is the only open night, the lanes are full. So there's a lot of waiting around time..
Old 11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
The police don't gain anything by doing a street racing sting or writing tickets. Thats the lamest rumor around. Hell, they aren't even the ones that make the decision to do the sting. It usually starts with complaints from law abiding citizens with families. Then its usually city officials that set up the operation. It's just the cops that carry it out. Money is generated the same weather it be a drug dealer getting busted or a street racer getting busted. They both get court costs, fines, ect. No one says "the cops make out good" when a drug dealer gets busted because they don't! A street racing arrest is no different. They go through the same procedures, pay fees to the same people, ect. Theres no difference.

That is another pretty lame arguement. If the cops followed your logic and put all their resources on the more serious crimes, and ignored the smaller crimes, how out of control do you think driving would become? They hardly ever make big busts like that, but they do it enough to remind people that its still illegal.
the police do make out $$ with these stings because a portion of the fines and whatever money comes out of the court case that follows does make its way back into the police dept budget. all the cops that were involved in that sting and all the survailence and overtime that was probably put in because it was obviously done at night had to be paid and they surely wouldnt have done it if they couldnt have recouped their expense which comes at the end of the fiscal year when they have to produce a report showing were the money went and why their asking for more this year and everyyear its more and more money whether crime goes up or down. if crime goes down like it has been for the last ten years the police will still spend all their money so they can ask for more for the next year so they will always find a way to get spend it so they have to make sure their is gonna be some rolling in. im not blaming the cop on the street but its the ones higher up and in the beuacracy above and the local city and state level that recognize that its not about justice its about buisness.
instead of funding a program to educate kids on the dangers of street racing or help setup an organization to fund a local track to keap kids off the street on friday and saturday nights and keap them from getting high or killing someone street racing or getting into fights and gangs they think that that couple thousand dollars spent on that one sting was better spent paying those officers to arrest those kids and impound those cars(that if the do goto action the money will go into an account for the police dept use).

i never ment that the cops should ignore street racing and focus on other problems but they spent alot of money and resources to arrest a bunch of kids on misdomeanors that a desent lawyer will get knocked down to lesser violations and get there cars back after paying giant fines and impound fees. these resources they could have spent on other "real" problems like some of the ones i mentioned before but my theory is that their probably isnt that big of a crime problem in that area and the police needed to spend some of that buget money so they can ask for more next year and invited along the press to show the the public what a good job their doing so if the money isnt available they can ask the city for a tax/milage increase so they can get their money.
its a buisness its not about justice because if it was about justice and doing the right thing for everyone they would educate the little ******* like they did when i was a kid about suicide and teen pregnancy and now both those one time big problems are the lowest since the mid sixties.

Last edited by 1999 SS; 11-07-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

its all the ricers fault.........plain and simple, can you guys imagine a world without ricers?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bubbletop409
"Johns" who frequent prostitutes loose there cars, drug dealers and buyers loose there cars, and they are not even endangering the public with their action. Seems like justice to me, and keeps them from killing the innocent. Want to race? Go to a track, thats what they are there for.
thats not entirly true. only in a very few places do they have that "law" and it almost never happens that the car gets fully confiscated. the police offer to sell you your car back. they usually start at a price about half of what your cars worth then its up to you to nogotiate them down if you can(now can you honestly tell me law enforcment isnt a buisness after hearing that). they cant confiscate a vehicle that is leased because the car doesnt belong to you (if you dont hold the title).
Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

the same thing happened here in va, but from what i know no one lost there car, i find it funny how they talked about how "street racing" kills, but there has been no street racing related deaths on the road that they did the crack down on, and it's been going on for awhile, in my opinoin they should have a crack down at all the clubs and bars here, every night drunk drivers leave the local bars and to me thats worse
Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
its all the ricers fault.........plain and simple, can you guys imagine a world without ricers?
It's easy if you try
Old 11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silverbulletlt1
It's easy if you try
Imagine all the people living with no rice............. you may say im a dreamer but im not the only one, i hope some day you may join us and the world will be one.

RIP John Lennon
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Imagine all the people living with no rice............. you may say im a dreamer but im not the only one, i hope some day you may join us and the world will be one.

RIP John Lennon
i like perfect circles version better.... imo
Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by calz28
i like perfect circles version better.... imo
yeah it was a bit darker and the video was amazing but anyways how did we go from street racing to music, lets get back to the topic on hand m:

ignorance is the fuel of the ricers, educate those kids and they become less rice, less rice equals less dumb asses getting killed
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've never had a fast car pass me driving like a jackass,its always some dumb ricer **** trying to show how badass he is....our track sucks donkey *****,i street race...organized street racing is retarded,but noone should get their car taken away
Old 11-08-2006, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. I have no sympathy for people who lose thier license, freedom or even cars because of street racing. If you are going to break the law then just be prepared to face the music if you get caught.

If selling thier cars saves just one innocent life then the end more then justifies the means.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

A lot of people in this thread are pussies.

what I mean by calling you a ***** is that you are afraid to take risks . sure some risks are unnecessary, but for some people , it gives them a thrill, a flavor in life!

That is ridiculous to seize their cars away for reckless driving.

I have gotten a reckless driving a little under a year ago, and I am still against it and I dont accept that my speeding was wrong or a hazard.

I was driving on the freeway in the leftest lane ( not carpool) when a bunch of cars just brake, from 65 to about 10 mph, then all accelerate to 65 / 70 mph again. Now this really pisses me off, so I take a few lanes to the right and speed up to 100 + MPH and pass all these morons that dont know how to drive up and I go in front of the cluster of cars that all braked at that time, and I return to nornal freeway speed 70 mph... I kid you not maybe a whole minute passes and I see a cop in back of me. AT this point I didnt eventhink he was after me , because so muchtime has passed after I sped. The cop stays in back of me, so I realize that he is after me and I pull over. He said I was going 98 mph. I dont think he had a radar and wrote reckless driving on the ticket..

anyways 800 dollrs was owed, 2 points on my record. misdemeanor reduced to an infraction. I had to take a 12 hour traffic school ( and it didnt clear any points off) my insurance is doubled now.

I dont agree with this because

#1 The cars that suddenly braked were more of an accident hazard than my speeding

#2 When I sped and took the rightest lane, there werent any cars I swerved through and I didnt cause any car to brake or speed from my extremem driving actions. SO basically it was a clear road when I did that. all thecars were taking the leftest lane and I didnt put any cars in danger.

Now if I did this and was swerving through a bunch of cars, I could see that I am being a hazard and would accept my ticket. But of course the officer didnt care, he was being a stubborn mule and I really wanted to hit him.

What I CANT stand is the way certain Police officers act, such as the one I mentioned. They are extremely stubborn and closed minded.

This is irrelevent, but I hope you guys get the concept of what I mean in this story:
If 2 people are going 55mph in a 35mph zone... and One person is just speeding, but the second person just got an emergency call from a family member and is driving fast to go help out......

2 different police officers pull both these guys over.....

Now what should happen here:

should the regular driver(non emergency) get a ticket? if the officer sees that it was dangerous in his own perspective. probably, yes, because his excuse isnt legitimate enough for his speeding and hazard.

Should the 2nd driver( the one with the emergency) get the ticket?

Hell no! There are reasons why people do things in life. and all equal traffic laws shouldnt have equal consequences depending on driver point of view and the danger in the surroundings.

Like someone said.

Street racers(not all of them) probably cause less accidents that teenage girls talking on cell phones.

SO **** whoever decided to come up with such Yankee laws.( a derrogatory term in my book)

They are just good ol boys having a good time, they arent meaning no harm and if that is the attitude people are living by, I think this consequence is way overboard and police need to concentrate on more important/harmful crimes. Not speeding for Christ's sake.

I can see if accidents are on the increase, then they can step up the strictness in speeding or street racing. But until then, it is a waste of time and sad to all people who love fast cars.

Last edited by LSGunZ28; 11-08-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Noooooo! They be haulin' my VTEC away yo!
That sucks yo
Old 11-08-2006, 04:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by U2DragonZ28
You'll have to come out with us to see next time. Out of 7 lanes (i think), 3 or 4 of them are filled with ricers. And on Wed nights, which is the only open night, the lanes are full. So there's a lot of waiting around time..
If they ever let me off on a Wednesday I would definitely roll but I don't see that happening any time soon...
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=LSGunZ28] I take a few lanes to the right and speed up to 100 + MPH QUOTE]

Who knows why they slowed. But why should we care, there isn't a law against braking. Maybe something was in the road that you didn't see or maybe someone wasn't paying attention and everyone else just checked up.

You made the choice to go a 100+ so how can you say your ticket wasn't justified?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
I dont agree with this because

#1 The cars that suddenly braked were more of an accident hazard than my speeding

#2 When I sped and took the rightest lane, there werent any cars I swerved through and I didnt cause any car to brake or speed from my extream driving actions. SO basically it was a clear road when I did that. all thecars were taking the leftest lane and I didnt put any cars in danger.
Correct, it was EXTREAM! that is precisly why you got your ticket. There is NO law against braking in any lane. Secondly, I would LOVE to see how much of a ***** you turn into when you take your risk to do 100+ mph and hit into another car and kill a mom and her kid, lets see how you talk then.... For you to not take to your heart that YOU were responsable for what happend to you is ignorant. Now had there been NO other cars around, I would understand, but clearly you were being reckless.

P.S. Dont call us pussies just cause we dont feel like killing anyone by speeding.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

First off, if those Hondas were running 165+, that must have been on hell of a hurricane they were in!

I do not agree with taking the cars, unless they are impounded and will be returned after the fines are paid. After all, the government is about money and it has been shown time and time again that if you pay enough, you can do anything. Put them in jail, pull their DL's, fine them out the ***, but leave the cars alone....
Old 11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darrensls1
If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. I have no sympathy for people who lose thier license, freedom or even cars because of street racing. If you are going to break the law then just be prepared to face the music if you get caught.

If selling thier cars saves just one innocent life then the end more then justifies the means.
That’s good. So where do you draw the line?

I agree that street racing is dangerous and irresponsible because it involves speeding. I guess your car should be confiscated if you’re caught speeding. If you’re exceeding the speed limit you’re a menace. Lets confiscate your car and make the world a safer place. I guess there’s really no need for any street car to be able to exceed 75 mph. That seems to be the direction in which we’re headed.

Quick Reply: Street Racers arrested and cars to be sold