Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700+rwhp Viper VS. My Sprayed Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
Why would a vette owner make excuses for a Viper????

Vipers are the vettes enemy while the mustang is for the f body's....

V series tech is one of the most hard core racers on this site and was simply calling it like he saw it...
Hard core racer does not mean.......perfection. (no offense vseries).

The race is not proof enough?....that was my point.

And if it was a 'truthful' post, he would have realized..sure quicker shifts could have been made, but not quick enough to make a hell of alot of difference without speed shifting..which would have been utterly DUMB on public highways. and as I stated, the first shift from the viper was the bad one.....the last one was pretty good.

As for domestics vs. somestics...i am well aware of who is rivaled with who. But if you think vette guys are 'generally' ok with stangs and only rival with vipers (aside form the terminator) than you are soarly mistaken.....but as I said....generally. There are always exceptions.

BTW - did you get that math problem figured out?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=ponygt65]
why am I not surprised to hear a vette owner trash the vid and make excuses? And to think, I was actually starting to like some vette owners.
Don't generalize bro. If you don't like vette owners or LS1-owners perhaps you're hanging out on the wrong board. It's not you driving the Viper so I don't know why you care if V-Series feels his skills are lacking. The Vipers driving may seem on par to you cause we will always compare it to our own but, to Jamie, it's not so good.

What gear was the Viper in from the punch? 3rd also?

Nice kill Dan. Must of felt good to run with that thing.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome vid and great race!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

[QUOTE=02ZOh6]
Originally Posted by ponygt65

What gear was the Viper in from the punch? 3rd also?

Nice kill Dan. Must of felt good to run with that thing.
After lissening to the vid I believe he was in 2nd I was in 3rd and he just shifted to 4th for a few seconds when I shut down..
Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

But if you think vette guys are 'generally' ok with stangs and only rival with vipers (aside form the terminator) than you are soarly mistaken
I think what Killem is trying to say is that vette owners are shooting for viper owners because stock they are a couple tenths faster depending on the year. I don't know about you guys but nothing gets me more juiced then when I'm about to run what's accpeted as the faster car. I'm going to be much more excited about beating a stock SRT-10 than a 500rwhp Cobra. Even if the Cobra would outrun the Viper. That's just way it is. I'm always looking for something higher in the pecking order because I think we all want to the leave the opponent with the 'WTF just happened' look on his face.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
I'm always looking for something higher in the pecking order because I think we all want to the leave the opponent with the 'WTF just happened' look on his face.
Damn straight!!! I love that WTF look they give ya.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dan03mach
On the 200 shot it put down 530rwhp & 565rwtq.. We ran out of N20 on the 250 shot so I really don't know for sure.. I would figure around 570 or so and over 600rwtq..
Great numbers. that thing is a beast!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Launching!

I think what Killem is trying to say is that vette owners are shooting for viper owners because stock they are a couple tenths faster depending on the year. I don't know about you guys but nothing gets me more juiced then when I'm about to run what's accpeted as the faster car. I'm going to be much more excited about beating a stock SRT-10 than a 500rwhp Cobra. Even if the Cobra would outrun the Viper. That's just way it is. I'm always looking for something higher in the pecking order because I think we all want to the leave the opponent with the 'WTF just happened' look on his face.

exactly....

A COBRA LOVES IT WHEN HE CAN PULL A STOCK C5Z06 CAS THE COBRA AVERAGES A 12.8 VRS THE Z06'S 12.4..

AND LIKE WISE A C5Z06 LOVES IT WHEN HE CAN PULL A VIPER CAS THE VIPER AVERAGES A 12.1 ( GEN 2 AND GEN 3) VRS THE C5Z06'S 12.4..

AND THEN THE GEN 2 OR 3 VIPER LOVES IT WHEN HE CAN PULL A C6Z06 CAS THE C6Z06 AVERAGTES 11.7 VRS THE GEN 2 OR 3 VIPERS 12.1....

But the thing with the mustang is that even though it's only 4 tenths behind the C5Z06 or 3 tenths ahead of the c5 coupe...

all vette owners will always feel that their corvette would destroy the cobra on a road course...So it's not a true enemy...Unlike the SRT 10 viper and c6Z06 that are so close on a road course it's scary...

Ive raced plenty of 400 rwhp..500 rwhp and 600 rwhp imports since Ive had my viper...But the thing is. That not one of them was rated over 300 crank HP when they were bone stock...

I would have rather raced a bone stock 405 HP C5z06 than any of those cars..

Or even more preferrable a 911Turbo or other high HP Expensive car
Old 11-11-2006, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Wow that Viper is sexy! what wheels were on that thing!

and props to the Mustang also!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why am I not surprised to hear a vette owner trash the vid and make excuses? And to think, I was actually starting to like some vette owners.

I watched the vid again.......several times. I will agree that maybe he couls have shifted faster. but you word it like he is 'cruse shiftin'. WHat they did (on a public highway) was stupid, but to speed shift a 600 (or 700) RWHP car in traffic, is just asking for trouble. Try and be intelligent and realize breakin' loose in that situation would have been VERY bad. So that leaves one option......the driver needs to 'granny' shift faster..which I agreed with.

BTW - it was only his first shift that was 'horrible'. His second one was pretty good.

What the **** are you talking about bitch? Like I acutally give a damm who you like, or don't like.

Dumbass. I've owned two of your prided fords before my vettes.

I was simply making a comment about the video,...regardless of the make and modles of the cars in it. The outcome of this race means nothing to me whatsoever.

If you watch the video again, rookie,...yes, in my opinion, which seems to out weigh yours if you think that viper was shifting fast.....again, in my opinion, the viper, lagged on his shifts,...and the higher gear selected by the mopar, SOMTHING DOES HAPPEN with the viper, weather it be a clutch slippage induced by the driver feathering it out slowly(rideing it), or it was some sort of a mild clutch failure.

Step off bitch. Maybe you should use speakers when watching videos...or maybe mommy doesn't let you have the volume loud enough to listen.

If the guy was an "outlaw" racer,...he is either driving an automatic, or he was having clutch issues...or he just plain sucks in the dodge. Which, honestly, after driving a viper, it's one of the EASIEST cars to bang gears on.

That said,...eat ****, and spare me with this corvette ****.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hard core racer does not mean.......perfection. (no offense vseries).

The race is not proof enough?....that was my point.

And if it was a 'truthful' post, he would have realized..sure quicker shifts could have been made, but not quick enough to make a hell of alot of difference without speed shifting..which would have been utterly DUMB on public highways. and as I stated, the first shift from the viper was the bad one.....the last one was pretty good.

As for domestics vs. somestics...i am well aware of who is rivaled with who. But if you think vette guys are 'generally' ok with stangs and only rival with vipers (aside form the terminator) than you are soarly mistaken.....but as I said....generally. There are always exceptions.

BTW - did you get that math problem figured out?

Honestly, your lack of knowledge on this topic or anything else in the street racing section, is how do you say?......inexperienced, and should be taken as bullshit.

Reasons? Sure.

1. Perfection? Who the **** are you talking about? Me? Who, including myself said I was perfect? I don't understand, weirdo. My knowledge on this subject overshadows yours, you can take that for what it's worth, or you can repond back with some lame comeback, either way, i'll be waiting.

2. "And if it was a 'truthful' post, he would have realized..sure quicker shifts could have been made, but not quick enough to make a hell of alot of difference without speed shifting.." What exactly are you talking about here? What, speed shifting, on a PUBLIC road? Are you kidding me. What are you worried about, a "shifting ticket"? As if the COP is gonna pull you over for shifting fast, other then the DRAG RACING you were just doing? Rookie. YOu don't know what your talking about.

For anyone that belives what I quoted this dork saying..."sure quicker shifts could have been made, but not quick enough to make a hell of alot of difference.." Don't belive that for a minute. If you wanna make EVERYTHING OUTTA YOUR CAR, YOU WILL SHIFT AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!!!! It IS the difference between winners and loosers. Can't tell you how many times I should have LOST in cars that I have owned but, came out on top, due to simply shifting as fast as I could, without missing a gear.

It will make or beak you. The only way you can get around NOT shifting lightning fast, is when your making ALOT of power, therefore, you can make up the lost ground.

3.Rivals? What does ford vs chevy vs dodge have anything to do with this,...other then there different OUTPUT, different aerodynamic's, and different weights. Other then that, it's all nuts and bolts. And in the end, they are all american....and I would much rather see an american prevailing over an exotic anyday...regardless of what it was.

In the end dude, you strike me as an idiot,...you sterotype me, due to the car that I own,...and in the end, you know nothing about me, nor my roots that made me what I am today...and the car I choose to drive. I understand now, that this is far too complicated for you to understand, or even to take into consideration before you make another post directed towards me or about brand this, and brand that.

Hope this gets into your head.

Jamie
Old 11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Couldn't have said it better.

Thats my main goal with my car....to go after exotic's,..or like you said...."the faster car"

The look they give,...is the same kind of look they'de give if he found out you where boneing they're mom.

Priceless.

I had this converstion on a local street racing site. Some dude in a fast civic, wanted to race me. I showed him no interest,,...and it got him really mad. In the end, I had to explain it to him like this, to make him understand.

example.

Say your out....with some friends(your boys)(or even some hot girlfriends you know)...you end up meeting some really hot females....your laughing, haveing a good time,...talking ****,..blah blah blah....one of your boys asks you about the race you where in the other day....with, lets say a CIVIC(regardless that it's a 600whp civic)(it's a civic).... one of the females butts in...laughing.... and says....."you raced a civic?.....and you beat him?" she says,..."isn't that whats supposed to happen?..you drive a corvette right?"

Get my point? It just doesn't have the same ring to it as..."hey babe, how you doing...I just walked a FERRARI on the way to your house." She would say..." oh my god jamie! take me now,...i'm soo wet"

Much different effect.

lmao. I'm retarded.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do girls really get all wet when you kill another car?

Im such a pimp i still get mad *** in a Taurus.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brad8266
Do girls really get all wet when you kill another car?

Im such a pimp i still get mad *** in a Taurus.

I just aim to get them wet period. Is a car capable of getting a female wet? Ah, without a doubt, yes. The women I have taken for a ride in my car(s)...gets a BIG SMILE on there face....followed by rough sex. Yes, battle wounds(scratches on my back from her nails beotch).

It was just an example...not some tactic. Don't get too deep into it. It's the simplest way, to put that converstion into an example. I supposed I could have switched the story for telling your 12 year old nephew the same thing....but I chose the VAGINA route. Sue me.

...and the only *** you pull in a tauras, is swamp ***. Who you kiddin?

Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I It was just an example...not some tactic. Don't get too deep into it. It's the simplest way, to put that converstion into an example. I supposed I could have switched the story for telling your 12 year old nephew the same thing....but I chose the VAGINA route. Sue me.

I know it was an example, i was just messing around.

"Swamp ***"
Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

You like that ugh? Swamp ***?

lol.

We have a trainee, working between myself and another guy..he told us he hooked up with this chick..when he was waisted. What a mistake he siad it was,...he said she smelled like "swamp ***"

Kinda stuck with us,...even now I laugh at his facial expression while telling us this ****. too funny.

He also called her a swamp donkey. lmao.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

You like that ugh? Swamp ***?

lol.

We have a trainee, working between myself and another guy..he told us he hooked up with this chick..when he was waisted. What a mistake he siad it was,...he said she smelled like "swamp ***"

Kinda stuck with us,...even now I laugh at his facial expression while telling us this ****. too funny.

He also called her a swamp donkey. lmao.
hahaha
Old 11-12-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Funny ****....
Nice car, Dan!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Nice race...regardless of if it was a 600 or 700hp viper. Its still pricess to be able to say you beat a modded viper.

VSeriesTech its always great reading your posts bc you are so friggin crazy and funny.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by John2005
Nice race...regardless of if it was a 600 or 700hp viper. Its still pricess to be able to say you beat a modded viper.

VSeriesTech its always great reading your posts bc you are so friggin crazy and funny.

Lol. Thanks. I was dropped, several times when I was a child, if that explains anything.

Quick Reply: 700+rwhp Viper VS. My Sprayed Mach1