Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Looky....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's the dead of summer and you were at the track, how in the hell do you get ice cold tires. And yes an Si can possibly run in the 13's. I have a friend that has a "gutted" 01 Si that has run a 8.9 with nothing more than exhaust, radials, and a CAI. That's a "cold air intake" by the way.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigradical
If it's the dead of summer and you were at the track, how in the hell do you get ice cold tires. And yes an Si can possibly run in the 13's. I have a friend that has a "gutted" 01 Si that has run a 8.9 with nothing more than exhaust, radials, and a CAI. That's a "cold air intake" by the way.
ice cold in the sense that my car sat in the staging lane for about 30 minutes to an hour before i got to run it and i didn't do a burnout in the box. so that makes the tires what, 80 degrees?

and a gutted Si with intake, exhaust and drag radials is not a stock Si. stock Si's run in the mid 15's. don't compare a car with nothing more than a lid and a catback on heavier than stock rims to a gutted car with drag radials. everything on the Si is an advantage. and btw, i still don't see your time being possible. a 1.5 second drop on the quarter from I/E and weight reduction? mm hmm...

oh, and i like the way you're trying to jump on the bandwagon for recognition amongst your peers and trying to drop cute comments. "that's a cold air intake by the way." that was cute. does your mommy still wipe your *** when you have to go potty?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Teching In

damn...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GeEz....There's always bitchin on this site and SVTperformance...Anyway SShunter does have a badass lighting! I sure as hell would brag about running 11's in a heavy *** lighting....HAHA...as a matter a fact I would brag about my car running 11's, but its not!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Teching In

I should've known that was coming. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon to say the least. It's plain for everyone to see that you are a complete idiot and that you are automotive illiterate mister "I can't find a ******* blower on this car, even though I was told there was one on dis mudda *****". So give your fingers a rest and stop flooding this thread with your 2300 useless post in less than a year.

And what do you not understand about my times? I'm just curious. Does anyone else that has racing knowledge see anything wrong with my times? Let me know so I can fix em. Thnx.

And no my mom doesn't wipe my ***, that's what I keep yours around for,

Last edited by bigradical; 12-13-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
c'mon genius, answer my two questions. point out the inconsistencies in my story and point out the excuses i'm making as to why my car is slow. i'm calling you out. don't be a *****, answer my questions. or are you going to back away and change the subject like you're trying to do like a little bitch?
Ok idiot. Since you can't comprehend common sense passed your nose......READ WHAT OTHER MEMBERS HAVE SAID ON HERE. They have already pointed out your inconsistancies. WAIT, lemme guess, your crack fiened *** can't remember 2 pages back. I am not repeating what already has been said in this post. I don't repeat myself when I tell your mom to make my breakfast, I sure as hell ain't doing it for you.

you haven't heard my cousin's car. it's louder than my open cutout. it doesn't even sound like a mustang, it's the weirdest sound i've ever heard, and i don't like it...and i usually love how mustangs sound. it's very raspy and uncharacteristic to any mustang.
You are kidding right? You dont' know what came on a roush stg 2 and now you are trying to tell me what a mustang with flowies sounds like?? you are retarded. You must be the basis of Carlos Mencia's joke's on all retards. I know more about mustangs than you know about yourself. Don't second guess me boy.

so by your logic, if i had red spark plug wires, and you opened my engine bay for 1 minute to pull out the oil dipstick and check the oil level, then shut it, i should be able to ask you what color spark plug wires i have, right? what if i had a FAST 90/90 setup? you'd remember that for the minute you spent looking at my oil level? ****, how about how many cylinders my car has if you're not familiar at all with the LS1? you should be able to answer all these questions about things your attention is not focused on because you spent an entire minute looking at something completely different in an engine bay. i guess you can do that, right rainman?
By your logic, that would make sense. But you see, in what most members here call the real world, there is A HUGE difference between a ******* MANIFOLD MOUNTED BLOWER and the color of spark plug wires.

However, seems how you obviously have NO CLUE what a charger is or looks like, I will let that LAME *** ANALOGY be dismissed....as in, you got schooled sonny boy. Checking a ******* fluid level, and looking at a chunk of metal that is approx. 10' x 15" is completely different. Damn, you are a ricer at heart, cause you have NO idea what you are saying.....comparing seeing a charger in little to no light against checking colored spark plug wires (which I am sure you have pretty hot pink ones) is completely ******* lame.

I need to admit before I go any further:

1.) I am gay.
2.) The only woman I have been with, is my mother
3.) I am pretty sure FI is a Stock exchange symbol and has nothing to do with cars, but I am going to start a thread in teh street racing section to double check.
4.) I dont' care what anyone says. My mommy told me I could live in my own dream world for as long as I wan to. So that means everyone that doesn't agree with me is wrong...cause I am nothing more than a child.
I am glad you finally admitted all of that. We can all now go about our lives, and not worry about your crap anymore.

BTW - you and BULLITT must be good friends. You have alot in common.

you've been completely unable to comprehend english from this point, so what's saving you? ****, you were dumb enough to actually think that the first time i looked under his engine bay in the daytime and the second time i had the conversation about the blower 6 months later was the same instance, even though i made it clear several times it wasn't! ignorance, thy name is ponygt65. but keep posting. i'm sure this won't end anytime soon.
You know. I normally don't rag on people because of their age. I used to hate it when that was done to me. But, I must admit. You are a prime example as to why everyone thinks low 20s and teens are ******* thick headed immature idiots. You have proved the stereo-type with your post above...congrats. And here's to hoping you get some brain cells in the very near future. Cause we all know you are going to need them.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Ok idiot. Since you can't comprehend common sense passed your nose......READ WHAT OTHER MEMBERS HAVE SAID ON HERE. They have already pointed out your inconsistancies. WAIT, lemme guess, your crack fiened *** can't remember 2 pages back. I am not repeating what already has been said in this post. I don't repeat myself when I tell your mom to make my breakfast, I sure as hell ain't doing it for you.
i didn't think you'd post anything. since it's already written out for you, just quote it. i mean, you've spent an hour writing back and forth with me, how hard is it to quote something?

i knew you'd puss out like the little bitch you are. admit it: you're a liar and you can't find ****.

You are kidding right? You dont' know what came on a roush stg 2 and now you are trying to tell me what a mustang with flowies sounds like?? you are retarded. You must be the basis of Carlos Mencia's joke's on all retards. I know more about mustangs than you know about yourself. Don't second guess me boy.
well, since i don't own a mustang GT, have never raced a mustang GT, have never driven a mustang GT and have never had any interest to learn anything about a mustang GT, no, i don't know what stages rousch makes on mustang's. and yes, i'm going to tell you that this exhaust sounds like no mustang i've ever heard, and i've heard many, many mustang's exhausts. if you heard a sound clip, you'd be confused. it's incredibly raspy and sounds like a V6.

By your logic, that would make sense. But you see, in what most members here call the real world, there is A HUGE difference between a ******* MANIFOLD MOUNTED BLOWER and the color of spark plug wires.
how so? 8 red spark plug wires against a gray and black motor should stand out even easier at a glance than a blower designed to look nearly the same as the intake manifold hose and color-coordinated the match everything inside the engine bay so as not to stick out.

it's okay, you know i got you with this one, so you had to make up some stupid excuse. when your mom comes home late from work because she's been out with me, she makes up excuses for your dad. it's kinda the same principle.

However, seems how you obviously have NO CLUE what a charger is or looks like, I will let that LAME *** ANALOGY be dismissed....as in, you got schooled sonny boy. Checking a ******* fluid level, and looking at a chunk of metal that is approx. 10' x 15" is completely different. Damn, you are a ricer at heart, cause you have NO idea what you are saying.....comparing seeing a charger in little to no light against checking colored spark plug wires (which I am sure you have pretty hot pink ones) is completely ******* lame.
so looking at a fluid dipstick and blipping the throttle body blade doesn't come close, huh? they're both in a similar place with respect to an engine and they both require seconds of your time. actually, the throttle body blip takes much less time. i'm a ricer at heart, yet you sit here and constantly make excuses both when i ask you to provide me information and when i call you out on a similar situation where you'd be in the same situation that i am now. do me a favor and ask your mom if she's free friday night. this time, she's gotta pay for the motel.

I am glad you finally admitted all of that. We can all now go about our lives, and not worry about your crap anymore.
still going to provide me with the information i asked for, bitch, or are you gonna wimp out again?

BTW - you and BULLITT must be good friends. You have alot in common.
nah, that guy likes mustangs. i'm not a fan.

You know. I normally don't rag on people because of their age. I used to hate it when that was done to me. But, I must admit. You are a prime example as to why everyone thinks low 20s and teens are ******* thick headed immature idiots. You have proved the stereo-type with your post above...congrats. And here's to hoping you get some brain cells in the very near future. Cause we all know you are going to need them.
and you're a prime example why people think mustang guys are douchebags. what's your point? you have proved without a doubt that you choke when information is asked of you that will prove your ignorance. you've proved that all you can materialize is a few insults centered around "mom jokes" (which i've casually returned) and the assumption that i don't know what a supercharger looks like when i've seen many blown setups on automobiles. unfortunately for you, you have absolutely no material to work with, which is why you insist on repeating yourself over and over, each time getting a little louder and a little more worked up because you know i have you wrapped around my finger. now get out there and find me the information i've asked for you.

i've had enough of this for the night. i'm going to bed. if you wanna keep this up, i'll try and be on tomorrow night if this thread isn't locked by then. just know that i'll be laughing myself to sleep at your expense tonight.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Okay, I'm stubborn, and you are probably just as stubborn as me so you won't admit when you're wrong. I have been guilty of this myself, as I'm sure many others have been too. Dude, you're the one who is ignorant to the facts of a supercharger, and you even said that yourself in the thread that pontgt65 linked up on page 3!

"plus i've looked under his hood and i've never seen a blower, although i didn't look for it as i was ignorant of this."

Man I'm sorry, but that is a contradiction. You stated that you looked under his hood, twice (6 months apart of course), and didn't see a supercharger, although you were ignorant of the fact that any 2002 Roush's came with superchargers. However, throughout this thread, you keep insisting you know what a supercharger looks like. That makes no sense. I will be the first to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe it just got worded wrong from you and didn't come out exactly right. It is hard to understand written words on the internet when there are no emotions or facial expressions involved. So maybe you meant it a different way, but the way I, as well as most everyone else, understood what you're saying, you are contradicting yourself in some places. And just like stated before, I don't care how dark it is, it never gets pitch black around a house and no matter how dark it ever is, you can see a blower from a mile away. He could turn his headlights on and that would be enough to see the general engine bay, even though the light isn't directed into the engine bay, it would be plenty enough to see a s/c. I know, I have one and have shown it off many times at night. Heck, you could have even felt for it (with the engine off, of course)! It's okay that you don't know what a roots style blower looks like, because you are GM loyal and it's not common for an LS1 to have one, mainly centrifugal s/c's from what I've seen. You even stated earlier that you didn't know if it could have been mounted under the motor or not... Sounds to me like you don't know much about superchargers, but like I said, that's okay man (honestly not meant to sound sarcastic).

And on another note, that's cool if you don't like Lightnings or you would never own one. But you have to realize you are on a car enthusiast website. Yes, it's geared towards LS1's, but most people (including myself) here actually GIVE credit and respect to anyone who has achieved an accomplishment. Making a 5000lb truck run 11's is an accomplishment, whether you would own one or not, and whether he is complaining about his weight or not. He in no way complained within this thread. Still, none of this changes the fact that it is amazing to get a truck to run those times.

Now, cool off man, as well as everybody else, because we know it's not getting anywhere and we're all guys (at least most people that are members here probably are), so tempers will rage for eternity if we let it go on. Let's talk about what this thread was started about, a Lightning running 11's is a big deal, and he should be given props for it. Congrats man!
Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn this thread is a bitch fest...nice times for a lightning...would get me on the street...but at the track looks like a close match
Old 12-13-2006, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

bad analogy. how do 10-bolts add weight? they're the lightest rears for our car and in automatics last into 10 second passes. i'll refer you to his sig which he makes public as a pre-excuse to a loss. also, i'll refer you to post #13.
and a 10-bolt is not at all like a heavy truck. the 10-bolt is a design flaw. the truck's weight is not. a truck is supposed to be heavy. a 350 stock horsepower car isn't supposed to have a toothpick rear.
ummm... one statement your defending the 10 bolt saying its capable of 10's and another your saying its a "toothpick". you need to get your story straight buddy before you go off being an ***. i lost count on how many times you called people "dumbasses" "stupid" "and "ignorant" in this thread but it sounds like your just being a big baby from what others have said and you didnt think they would jump your *** for saying it LOL. now that they did you try to change your story and kiss their *** as to not look like the "bad guy" who started it when you DID! i have been on LS1tech for awile now and have read probably read most of your posts though-out that time and if your not defending the almighty LS1 you are bashing others because they dont. you are an ***, sorry for the update. not everybody bought there car/truck to be fast... what can YOU haul or tow in your formy? and BTW he runs high 11's and what do you run? mid to high 13's you have no room to talk

BTW very nice times in the Lightning, if i seen ya at the track i would defenatly give you props.

Last edited by Rameon01; 12-13-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Lock it!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, you guys have way to much time on your hands!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should have a SMACKDOWN section!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whatever you say, captain dipshit. just remember i didn't start it i'm just pointing out the obvious.

BTW, you didn't start the fire, but you did throw a few logs on it.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

I know posts in here don't count. Who says you only argue like a little bitch in here? **** you'd probably have a million posts by now.

Look at me!! Look at me!! I am chocohomo and I like to have buttsex with my dog after I respond to every single response against me cuz I feel like a winner. WoooO!

Bitch.

Dan
Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is great. IBTL?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figure he would have posted today already?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Resident

[QUOTE=fastmach04]Okay, I'm stubborn, and you are probably just as stubborn as me so you won't admit when you're wrong. I have been guilty of this myself, as I'm sure many others have been too. Dude, you're the one who is ignorant to the facts of a supercharger, and you even said that yourself in the thread that pontgt65 linked up on page 3![quote]
no, you're just ignorant of the situation. i'll elaborate on how.

Originally Posted by fastmach04
"plus i've looked under his hood and i've never seen a blower, although i didn't look for it as i was ignorant of this."

Man I'm sorry, but that is a contradiction.
no, it's not. it's you not understanding the scenario. what i said was that i looked under his hood for all of maybe 1 minute, the entire time playing with the throttle body blade. i said i didn't notice a supercharger under the hood, but i never looked past anything else except the throttle blade.

You stated that you looked under his hood, twice (6 months apart of course), and didn't see a supercharger, although you were ignorant of the fact that any 2002 Roush's came with superchargers.
no, i looked under his hood once. the second time, it was too dark outside, so we didn't even bother. instead he just drove away and i tried to listen for a whine, but i couldn't as the exhaust was too loud and he was moving way from me far too fast.

what i was ignorant of is that rousch made a supercharged mustang. he TOLD ME it was supercharged, and the fact that i didn't see the blower while i was playing with his throttle blade confused me. i figured, "how in the hell could i have missed this, EVEN IF I WASN'T LOOKING FOR IT?" well, it turns out IT IS NOT A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG. he was mistaken, and i was right. i'm not ignorant of ANYTHING other than rousch ever producing a supercharged mustang GT during the year 2002. do you understand that i was in fact right the entire time, and my cousin, the one who actually owned the car, was the one that didn't know what he was talking about?

However, throughout this thread, you keep insisting you know what a supercharger looks like. That makes no sense. I will be the first to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe it just got worded wrong from you and didn't come out exactly right. It is hard to understand written words on the internet when there are no emotions or facial expressions involved. So maybe you meant it a different way, but the way I, as well as most everyone else, understood what you're saying, you are contradicting yourself in some places. And just like stated before, I don't care how dark it is, it never gets pitch black around a house and no matter how dark it ever is, you can see a blower from a mile away. He could turn his headlights on and that would be enough to see the general engine bay, even though the light isn't directed into the engine bay, it would be plenty enough to see a s/c. I know, I have one and have shown it off many times at night. Heck, you could have even felt for it (with the engine off, of course)! It's okay that you don't know what a roots style blower looks like, because you are GM loyal and it's not common for an LS1 to have one, mainly centrifugal s/c's from what I've seen. You even stated earlier that you didn't know if it could have been mounted under the motor or not... Sounds to me like you don't know much about superchargers, but like I said, that's okay man (honestly not meant to sound sarcastic).
again, my cousin doesn't have a supercharger. he was wrong, i was right. the reason why i didn't notice a supercharger in his engine bay is because there wasn't one. this is why i came online and posted the question: because i didn't see one and he swore up and down he had one. do you understand now that i know what a supercharger looks like and i was the one who was right all along?

And on another note, that's cool if you don't like Lightnings or you would never own one. But you have to realize you are on a car enthusiast website. Yes, it's geared towards LS1's, but most people (including myself) here actually GIVE credit and respect to anyone who has achieved an accomplishment. Making a 5000lb truck run 11's is an accomplishment, whether you would own one or not, and whether he is complaining about his weight or not. He in no way complained within this thread. Still, none of this changes the fact that it is amazing to get a truck to run those times.
i don't have a problem with lightnings. one of my best friend's little brothers has a lightning with ~500 horsepower. it's a pretty decent truck, runs low 13's. it's an older model, red. i think it sounds like ****, but it's a cool truck. what i don't like about lightnings are their owners, constantly bitching and advertising the weight of their truck. if they were going to make a scene about it, they shouldn't have bought it. plain and simple.

Now, cool off man, as well as everybody else, because we know it's not getting anywhere and we're all guys (at least most people that are members here probably are), so tempers will rage for eternity if we let it go on. Let's talk about what this thread was started about, a Lightning running 11's is a big deal, and he should be given props for it. Congrats man!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Rameon01
ummm... one statement your defending the 10 bolt saying its capable of 10's and another your saying its a "toothpick". you need to get your story straight buddy before you go off being an ***. i lost count on how many times you called people "dumbasses" "stupid" "and "ignorant" in this thread but it sounds like your just being a big baby from what others have said and you didnt think they would jump your *** for saying it LOL. now that they did you try to change your story and kiss their *** as to not look like the "bad guy" who started it when you DID! i have been on LS1tech for awile now and have read probably read most of your posts though-out that time and if your not defending the almighty LS1 you are bashing others because they dont. you are an ***, sorry for the update. not everybody bought there car/truck to be fast... what can YOU haul or tow in your formy? and BTW he runs high 11's and what do you run? mid to high 13's you have no room to talk

BTW very nice times in the Lightning, if i seen ya at the track i would defenatly give you props.
how am i contradicting myself? the 10-bolt is a small rear end that gets split like a toothpick by manuals, but can last into the 10's on automatics. it's a crapshoot. some last, some don't. if you knew a thing or two about them, you'd know this. it's something that is assumed. sorry i have to explain it to you.

problems with your post:
1.) i don't constantly defend the "almighty LS1". i personally can't wait for GM to let go of the LSx series and move onto bigger and better things. i'm anxious for a DOHC V8 motor. their new 3-valve setup looks promising, too.

2.) where am i changing my story? i've stayed 100% consistent throughout this entire thread. you are just ignorant of the details of what went down and you're twisting words to try and make a point.

3.) i wasn't the one that "started" anything. i backed someone up, and people started **** with me. i never called out anyone. don't throw gas on your fire, then bitch when your house burns down.

the fact is, you can't back up anything you just said. please, go through my posts outside this thread and find one where i'm bashing someone for not worshiping the "almighty LS1". take all the time you need. it won't be happening anytime soon.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
BTW, you didn't start the fire, but you did throw a few logs on it.
i know. these guys refuse to admit i didn't start this, but yea, as long as they keep it burning, i won't quit either. i'm having fun exploiting their ignorance