Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

philly street races

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default philly street races

i just came back around the area. what happened to all the street race spots? i've got an 02 ss and am looking for some mustangs......
Old 12-11-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Last time I was there was like 3 years ago and they sucked. Cops and tards with guns keep me away from there.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

That and all the people standing literally on the streets as you attempt to actually race. Last time I was down there I got one good race with a c5 all the others were just pretenders. ALOT or ricers, bad attitudes and plain stupid things going on. You really have to pay attention to what is going on all around you. Holstein is freshly paved.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i heard mayor street shut most of them down. i hear he really cracked down on the street racing scene. too bad the crime rate and dropout rate has skyrocketed since he's been in office. terrible mayor.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

how is it the mayors fault that crime is up?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcamp001
how is it the mayors fault that crime is up?
because the mayor controls how crime in the city is dealt with. he controls the police force and the priorities the police have. i go to school in philly, and i see dozens of cops every day not doing **** when they should be raiding north broad street. if mayor street gave a ****, he'd be forcing the cops to take action. he's a failure as a mayor. that's why crime and the dropout rate keeps going up. he doesn't do anything. useless.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Some people from my town go down there a lot since it's only a little over an hour ride. I might run down to Phila tommorow. If you want to learn a lot about Philadelphia and the way it used to be, read A Prayer for the City.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
Some people from my town go down there a lot since it's only a little over an hour ride. I might run down to Phila tommorow. If you want to learn a lot about Philadelphia and the way it used to be, read A Prayer for the City.
Ahh another Wilkes Barre freak like myself. To bad no one runs over in Kingston anymore. Last time I was other there I met up with a guy in an 06 GTO, 95 stang and a guy with a 351w crammed into a Pinto. Other then that it's just a bunch of kids standing around in a big circle jerk.

Philly back when I was a kid (long time ago people) was better then going to a track. I rolled down the meadows about 2 months ago and I was the ONLY car there. We hit a few other spots also that night and all were dead. Everyone once in a while you would see someone like myself wondering where everyone is.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

it pretty much sux anymore..... where about r u from?
Old 12-13-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)

lets see here. 61st street is usually where it all begins, with people chillin in the parking lot of the titty bar. but they closed the parking lot down for visitors. when 61st gets busted, they move to holstein. but now holstein has potholes and **** in it so you cant race. philly races have been gettin kinda beat lately. i'll have to stop there again sometime in spring to see how it is.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

right now i'm livin in levittown, but i grew up in northeast philly. years ago. street races were all over the place. i guess i can see why they're crackin down on them. guys bringing cars down, pullin them off of the trailer and trying to run a car with too much power to keep it straight on the street. but theres gotta be something going on around here?????????????????????
Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by onefastsunsetSS
right now i'm livin in levittown, but i grew up in northeast philly. years ago. street races were all over the place. i guess i can see why they're crackin down on them. guys bringing cars down, pullin them off of the trailer and trying to run a car with too much power to keep it straight on the street. but theres gotta be something going on around here?????????????????????

there some stuff that goes on around here... but more so in the summer time.... winter time everyone is redoing there set ups...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

northeast philly is where it is at. it is more underground but we get it done! sunday nights on the boulevard, people hang at the steak & ale later in the night (by old lincoln highway, and the wawa- technically in bensalem). some ricers and ok cars meet up at the roosevelt mall earlier in the evening on sundays also.

some of the real deal cars run in n.e. philly too, but im not posting up any spots.

cops are bad, but if you are careful and plan the races out you can get away with it. if you get greedy and try to race people from every stoplight you are gonna get caught.

EVERYBODY is welcome to bring your hoagies down on sunday night. cruize around the boulevard, stop at the roosevelt mall, the steak and ale, or the sunoco on haldeman and the boulevard where you see a group of cars. there are a lot of cars out sometimes, sometimes only about 10 or so.

we run later in the night, like after 11 pm. don't be a bitch, if you wanna run SPEAK UP and i or somebody will set you up with a run, tell you the "rules" so you don't ruin our "track" and then go get it done.

later
Old 12-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Teching In

r there races in Hershey??
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

i know they make chocolate!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brad8266
Last time I was there was like 3 years ago and they sucked. Cops and tards with guns keep me away from there.
same issues here. That place is a danger zone.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

gonna be nice out tonight in n.e. philly. i'll be out looking for runs- just on motor probably.

http://www.davemilcarek.com/052506/p...0R1%20034.html

roosevelt mall around 9 or so. later in the night at the steak and ale or on the blvd somewhere.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
roosevelt mall around 9 or so. later in the night at the steak and ale or on the blvd somewhere.
I'll be over there this sunday. Hopefully people will be out on Christmas eve. Went a couple of weekends ago and it was all rice. I would like to get there every sunday, but that is the worst night of the week to be staying up late. Kind of odd that no one here in Jersey/Philly area hangs out on friday and saturday nights.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

i'll come out if you are trying to get a run in! bring the tires, my undergeared pig still hooks in this cold weather.

if you only got street tires, we can do my 346 on motor to your 427 on motor see if you can catch me by the end of 1/4.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i'll come out if you are trying to get a run in! bring the tires, my undergeared pig still hooks in this cold weather.

if you only got street tires, we can do my 346 on motor to your 427 on motor see if you can catch me by the end of 1/4.
I'll be out sunday. No I don't have tires or traction until 4th gear lol. I will get raped out of the hole. Almost lost to a stock NSX awhile back. But I'm not a sore loser

Quick Reply: philly street races