Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed an r33 skyline today

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killed an r33 skyline today

Today my friend and I were dining at the drive in of a KFC, when i spotted a giant rice patty (aka r33 skyline) with a rediculously large exhaust system. I noticed that on the back of the car it said Nissan skyine gtr, it was a pretty nice looking car like, pear white. As he was driving out of the drivethru I heard that loudass turbo spoolin and I noticed that the driver was on the right side of the car, so i assumed it was an authentic JDM skyline. As i followed him out of the KFC he started to do the famous ricer zig zag driving, in and out of cars. At the light i caught up to him and the driver looked over at me and downshifted, man those turbo's were loud. I happened to have just been testing out my nitrous, so my bottle was open and i pushed the button on my arming switch. On 3 honks i let him get the jump on me stomped on the gas and and quickly passed him when i shut down at around 110, I was about 6 cars ahead. The skyline driver gave me a thumbs up when I slowed down and we parted our ways. I was happy at the chance to see let alone race a nissan skyline.
h
Old 02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw one of the new ones pull out of school a couple months back. I was like "wtf", I couldn't get him to bite though.... nice looking car. they look basically like g35's IMO.

everyone on here said it would have HAD to been imported.

good kill.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

damn nice kill...6 cars! **** thats alot more then i would have expected to beat him by. I still havent seen one driving on the road to this day tho.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rare kill indeed, not many domestics get a chance to roll with one!
I've only seen two, and know one of those two.
When done up, they are rolling killing machines.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Wow..nice kill man! I have never seen one driving only at car shows and what not. Here in Chicago I think there are 2, but I might be wrong ?!? BananaHead can maybe shine some light on this..I think his friend wanted to race a r34 gts (rwd turbo) with his full bolt on t/a and the skyline kept backing down!!

I don't think they can technically be titled here because of some technicality. I read at some other forum board.. saying something about how this one skyline owner (i believe he owns some import shop on the northside) had to trail his car everywhere and he couldn't get it titled. I believe he has a nissan sylvia s15 (240 here) that has the same problem..but I can be wrong.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Wow..nice kill man! I have never seen one driving only at car shows and what not. Here in Chicago I think there are 2, but I might be wrong ?!? BananaHead can maybe shine some light on this..I think his friend wanted to race a r34 gts (rwd turbo) with his full bolt on t/a and the skyline kept backing down!!
Yeah. There is a local kid with a yellow R34 that was imported. This kid talks THE MOST **** of anyone I have ever heard of in my life. He told someone I know (direct quote) "I pretty much have the fastest car in the state". TOTAL ricer. And of course, all the ricers worship him. Well, apparently, the car isn't all that great. My other friend has seen it up close, and it's kind of shitty. A buddy of mine has a headers/catback/cutout A4 WS6, and the R34 wouldn't race him. Not even from a roll. He claims that "his car is setup for highway racing" but still won't go from a roll. My friend wanted to go from a dig, but R34 kid DEFINATELY didn't want any of that. So, he can talk the ****, but can't handle a call-out. He is a true "Fast and the Furious" level ricer...
Old 02-12-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

nice kill.
so how'd he navigate the drive up window?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
damn nice kill...6 cars! **** thats alot more then i would have expected to beat him by. I still havent seen one driving on the road to this day tho.

Why? He was spraying and Skylines in stock form are barely 13 second cars and thats mostly due to AWD. They arent as fast as all of the fanbois make them out to be.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Why? He was spraying and Skylines in stock form are barely 13 second cars and thats mostly due to AWD. They arent as fast as all of the fanbois make them out to be.
Dude not all Skylines are AWD.

But you are right the Skyline out of the box isn't all that. But like the Supra the potential of the car is amazing. Sadly most USA Skylines are modded because the owners like keeping them stock for the value. Since you can no longer import them, they are somewhat of a very rare car for the USA. It's like dropping a 427 in an original Boss 302. Sure it will make it faster but you will loose a lot of value. Plus most Ford fans will just kick the snot out of you.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Teching In

i dont think you needed to give him a jump at the beginning. hes got that awd and if he knows how to use would have raped you out the hole. but you wuold have reeled him in like you did anyways. sounds like he was prety stock though if you put 6 cars on him by 110. good kill though. a skyline, thats and awesome kill.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dsmdoctor
i dont think you needed to give him a jump at the beginning. hes got that awd and if he knows how to use would have raped you out the hole. but you wuold have reeled him in like you did anyways. sounds like he was prety stock though if you put 6 cars on him by 110. good kill though. a skyline, thats and awesome kill.
AWD doesn't always = RAPE out of the hole. I've seen plenty(along with myself) cars with DR's and a decent driver stay door and door with an AWD car and then continue to put the corn fields on the AWD car.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
AWD doesn't always = RAPE out of the hole. I've seen plenty(along with myself) cars with DR's and a decent driver stay door and door with an AWD car and then continue to put the corn fields on the AWD car.
On the street or track? I have yet to see a rwd car with DR's launch as well as an AWD car driven well on the streets. Now on a well prepped track thats a different story.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
On the street or track? I have yet to see a rwd car with DR's launch as well as an AWD car driven well on the streets. Now on a well prepped track thats a different story.
Agree. Unless an AWD manages to spin all four, it will almost ALWAYS outlaunch RWD.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Finite1
I saw one of the new ones pull out of school a couple months back. I was like "wtf", I couldn't get him to bite though.... nice looking car. they look basically like g35's IMO.

everyone on here said it would have HAD to been imported.

good kill.
The new Skylines are not out yet, but yeah they are very loosely based on G35s/350Zs. Should be out in '08.

If he had taken your bait you would have had the pleasure of racing a NA V6.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Theres a lot to a hole shot and most of it is driver. Im not exactly John Force over here and I pull 1.9 60s in my DSM because I have not gotten the technique down and I have a slight clutch engagement issue. 1.9 is easly beatable with even a good street tire LS1.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Agree. Unless an AWD manages to spin all four, it will almost ALWAYS outlaunch RWD.
I don't think I've ever seen an AWD car launch better than 1.5 at the strip. There are plenty of RWD cars there that are annihilating them all night.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sparetire
The new Skylines are not out yet, but yeah they are very loosely based on G35s/350Zs. Should be out in '08.

If he had taken your bait you would have had the pleasure of racing a NA V6.

yep I know!

it wasn't a GTR.. so it's not the 08 version.

it was exactly like a G35.. I've seen them closer at the Nissan engineering/testing facility out there DEEP in maricopa city. i worked there for a minute.

looked like this:

which is an 05'. so I'd guess it was definately imported.

Last edited by Finite1; 02-12-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Dude not all Skylines are AWD.

But you are right the Skyline out of the box isn't all that. But like the Supra the potential of the car is amazing. Sadly most USA Skylines are modded because the owners like keeping them stock for the value. Since you can no longer import them, they are somewhat of a very rare car for the USA. It's like dropping a 427 in an original Boss 302. Sure it will make it faster but you will loose a lot of value. Plus most Ford fans will just kick the snot out of you.

Dude!!

I know that but he said it was a GTR which IS the AWD version of the car.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Skyline=ricer god, i hear all the time from my ricer buddies how the skyline is the greatest, fastest car ever, i get sick of it
Old 02-12-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

We have three R33's and an R34 up by where I live. All are Motorex imports with right wheel drive. None are particularly fast. They do draw a crowd and hold up well at the Import shows. On the street? Nah, they just can't hang. Now if ya had a REAL R34 GTR, set up like the one most Ricers idolize, it'd be like a 1000 WHP Supra with AWD. Problem is, it'd break **** everytime it ran hard. I'll keep my American Muscle thank you very much.

BTW, nice kill. Most of 'em don't wanna run, just wanna show.