Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c LT1 vs modded srt-douche

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default h/c LT1 vs modded srt-douche

today i raced my buddy's '05 srt-4...he had been telling other people he would smoke me, and since it was 70 degrees today, i took him up on the offer. his mods are: wastegate, 20psi boost, bigger injectors, pcm work, huge FMIC, 3" DP, and full 3" exhaust with no cats, BOV, and some small **** that i forget. My mods are in my sig. We all met up and we raced the first time from about 50...2nd gear roll. i pulled about 2 cars on him, he "said" he missed a gear, so we went again from the same speed, with the same result. We then later went from a dig, and i got NO traction at all, and i pulled about 1.5 cars from 0-100. The damn thing was quick though, i actually thought he was going to get me before the race since im untuned and don't know too much about those cars, except that from a roll theyre pretty quick. Also i wanted to ride in it, so with 3 people in it including myself, we went for a cruise, and found a '06 stang GT 5 spd with exhaust. We raced him several times in the srt4, with us winning every time. Then once from a dig, where surprisingly the srt4 pulled about 8 cars on it. That thing moves out for a 4cyl...anyone know what it would run in the 1/4 mile?

(these runs were with no nitrous btw..awaiting a tune before i spray it)
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Were are you guys at in Akron ever come down this way
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Teching In

i had an 04 srt-4 with about those same mods. yea they are decently fast with a few mods. but beating an s197 from a dig by 8 cars wit 3 people in the car or empty car at that isnt gonna happen. you guys probably just thought he was racing
Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 PM
***Repost Police***

I know a guy that has the WGA mod (2psi over stock) and an intake w/ hard intercooler pipes that ran a 13.2 @ 106mph. So the car in the OP's story should be a 12s car, and trap *near* 110mph. Those are just ballpark numbers though.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Teching In

those times are very realistic an he probably ran that time wit drag radials. but you cant really just throw a waste gate on an srt4 and run low 13s all day. im sure he has his share of supporting mods and the stock intake wit a drop in filter is just as good as an aftermarket one for the srt4 most people on srtforums do jus that and i too also had hard pipes on my srt4. they basically just let you hold 1-2 lbs of boost to red line. if it were that easy to be in 12s they be a little more feared then they are.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MikesTorched05GT
i had an 04 srt-4 with about those same mods. yea they are decently fast with a few mods. but beating an s197 from a dig by 8 cars wit 3 people in the car or empty car at that isnt gonna happen. you guys probably just thought he was racing
i think your in the wrong forum. j/k man, i like the new stangs... but he definetly was racing, we raced several times, and talked to him, then went on the highway and lined up from a dig, 3 honks..so he was definetly racing....then after we let off he proceeded to do a flyby and never came back lol. the stang spun pretty good on the launch, so i guess with a good launch it wouldve only been by about 5 cars....b/c thats about how much the srt pulled from a roll. I also forgot to say he does have an intake, and hard pipes..and some other mods too. And it also ALMOST smelled like he was running racing gas.. i forgot to ask him about it
Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Were are you guys at in Akron ever come down this way
I used to live in Copley near summit mall,(my parents still live there), but now i live in kenmore(which is part of akron...southeast side i believe) but im in n. canton mon-thurs, i go to school @ stark state...in the summertime we come around there sometimes, hit up the strip and tusc. rd, etc...you ever around these parts? we're always down to cruise/race/etc whenever the weather is nice

-nice setup btw!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

did the stang mention his mods? that must have been an embarrising loss for him...lol
Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MikesTorched05GT
did the stang mention his mods? that must have been an embarrising loss for him...lol
lol, he said that all he had was flowmaster mufflers and a CAI..it sounded real nice..clean too...i assume he was pretty embarassed, that would explain the flyby, and never coming back lol
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Teching In

that was my favorite part about owning the srt4...peoples reactions after you beat them with a for door neon....!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dre2013
I used to live in Copley near summit mall,(my parents still live there), but now i live in kenmore(which is part of akron...southeast side i believe) but im in n. canton mon-thurs, i go to school @ stark state...in the summertime we come around there sometimes, hit up the strip and tusc. rd, etc...you ever around these parts? we're always down to cruise/race/etc whenever the weather is nice

-nice setup btw!
Seriously lol Man i go to the same school i have a few morning classes and some evening. Thx by the way i still have some work to do on my motor I am hoping to have it done by june. I am usually not down there much mostly tusc or the strip If you were out on tusc any last summer you probably seen me the only formula around thats black with red stripes.