Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.

So here it is.

After many nights of phone calls, and planning, it was all coming together. I opened my door and exit to the acknowledging stares of my snake. Its presence is known.

Too my left sits 2 Z28's. So familiar at first glance but so different from each other. The blue LS1 just sitting there looking so plain and innocent, but lurking beneath is a 350 hp corvette engine that is more than ready to kill.

Then the red LT1. A car that makes us all remember how fast 13.9 was 10 years ago, but dated in engine and appearance on this night. But this LT1 wouldn't let age be a factor as it had been reborn with an LT4 conversion and 3200 stall. A noble competitor indeed.

Then glancing to my right was an assortment of luxury and import cars including an E55 amg, Lotus elise, Wide body supra, 350z and a couple of ricers. I also see "HIM". The underrated Destroyer who had slain my snake by 2 car lengths from 50-150 mph many moons ago. My snake was stock pushing 410 rwhp at the time. The Destroyer was a 430 AWhp Evo 8 that had proven to much for my beast in stock form. Much modification and training had been done since, and I felt I was ready for a rematch with the Golden Destroyer.

But tonight wasn't about my past failures. Tonight was about a stock NSX vs. an Auto LS1 with and after market exhaust and back seats removed.

In rolls the NSX. Even in this crowd, she still appears more "Exotic" than any other. So low and wide, the Viper and Elise seem so Barbaric with their stance. The NSX seems timeless. The NSX and LS1 both face each other, looking for weaknesses or modifications. It's never said. But they both appear satisfied. But there is a problem. Word of mouth just won't do. They both want moving images so the world can view their glory. Then after a couple phone calls, the camera man say that they will arrive in 20 minutes.

20 minutes? Just enough time to feed the Snake. Or be eaten.

The Destroyer and I headed out on the freeway.. We lined up and Beep beep beep... In second gear from a 60 mph roll, we hit it.. and I've wounded him. He's roughly a car behind. At 75 I try and grab for third gear, but my snakes smile turns into a frown, as I miss third completely and hit 5th. I watch tail lights pass me by and see the Destroyer Evo 8 pass by a full 5 cars at 130 mph.

Unable to look my snake in the eyes, after such a horrible mistake, we charged on for a couple more battles. Beep Beep Beep.. 2nd to 3rd was precise this time. And the golden Evo 8's head lights can be seen from about 3 cars behind at 120 mph. Had the Destroyer made a similar fatal mistake?

On our final battle, the ocean stood still and the clouds ceased. From 50-110 mph we were about dead even. Both locked in Combat, each anticipating each others moves. But when I hit 4th gear, I saw the Destroyer finally fall. Apparently, from 110-115 mph, my snakes bite proved to be to much for him. And when the final blow came, it was struck at 150 mph. The destroyer had been destroyed at about 2 car lengths. I finally had my revenge.

The rematch I had dreamed of since being defeated, was now over.. and I was victorious. The snake was no longer Hungry, and spit out the bones of the AWD Destroyer. Victory had definitely been sweet.

to be continued..
Old 03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Launching!

your not good at writing. please stop.

condensed version = 2 lines. BS version= whatever you wrote.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

nice kills. Your car sounds like it runs pretty damn strong.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Launching!

A phone call moments later confirmed the arrival of the Camera car. A 06 911s porsche. I quickly changed my direction and headed on over to watch this battle take place.

I pull up to see the NSX, LS1, LT1, and Carrera roll onto the freeway. It's an image that will stay with me for a long time. The NSX, LS1, and 911 all line up. All 3 cars stock, capable of running 12's in the 1320 under the right conditions and flawless shifting. Japan, Europe and United States.. showing that although completely different, all cars were designed for speed.

Beep, Beep, Beeeeeep.. I watch the NSX walk away 2 cars on the LS1. They went from 50-130. YES! I was right! The NSX had proven to be too much for the LS1.

They decelerated to 50 again to do another run. It was at a slight turn, but they lined up none the less and it seemed the LS1 was determined to take on the NSX. Beep beep beeeeep..
The NSX and LS1 punched it, but the NSX proved once again to be more then it could handle. The NSX disappeared and walked out the LS1 by roughly 4 cars. They ended that battle at approximately 135 mph.

I had all but given up hope on the LS1 as the count was now NSX 2 and LS1 0. But this LS1 wasn't about to give up.
They slowed to 50 again, and after 3 honks, the LS1 started pulling. It jumped 1 and a half car lead, and never looked back. It held that lead till 145 mph.

So, in conclusion the NSX had proven victorious from a roll. 2-1.

They even tried to do a fourth run, but rain had started falling heavily and when they went for it from 55 mph, the Ls1 lost traction, while the NSX pulled away. both drivers concluded that the final run was not to be counted and looked for a dry area to run each other from a dig. But after driving for 2 hours no spots could be found.
The game had been post poned for another day.

Game to be concluded in the near future.

Players.

Snake = 440/482 Gen2 viper (manual)
Destroyer = 430 Awhp pump gas Evo 8 (manual)
NA2 NSX = 100% bone stock 05 NSX (manual)
LS1 = Aftermarket Exhaust w/rear seat delete (auto)
LT1 = LT4 conversion, 3200 stall, 340 rwhp (auto)
911S = 100% stock 06 (manual) Camera crew
E55 AMG = Organizer/Saftey patrol

also..

Supra/Elise/350z/Rice = Witnesses.

No cars were damaged during races.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

So what's the story on the LS1? 2.73, 3.23? Vert, Coupe?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

it was a unfair race. the results would have been different if it was a m6. i was with a friend wen he put 3 to 4 lenghts on modded nsx. i dont no with wat but it definatly had a exhaust system. and his car is a 2001 ss m6 with a lid and catback.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Cool story man, I like it! Revenge is always sweet!

There is a Gen2 Viper here in town that has recently showed up. It looks to be about a 98-00. I don't know how to tell the differences on models some I'm not sure if it is a GTS or what....

I've ran into him twice, in the same spot, and he never would run me. He gunned it once and let off and that was all???? I'm sure he'll take me, but I think it will be close. Definitely a VERY sexy car!!!

Good kill man!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
Beep, Beep, Beeeeeep.. I watch the NSX walk away 2 cars on the LS1. They went from 50-130. YES! I was right! The NSX had proven to be too much for the LS1.

They decelerated to 50 again to do another run. It was at a slight turn, but they lined up none the less and it seemed the LS1 was determined to take on the NSX. Beep beep beeeeep..
The NSX and LS1 punched it, but the NSX proved once again to be more then it could handle. The NSX disappeared and walked out the LS1 by roughly 4 cars. They ended that battle at approximately 135 mph.

I had all but given up hope on the LS1 as the count was now NSX 2 and LS1 0. But this LS1 wasn't about to give up.
They slowed to 50 again, and after 3 honks, the LS1 started pulling. It jumped 1 and a half car lead, and never looked back. It held that lead till 145 mph.

So, in conclusion the NSX had proven victorious from a roll. 2-1.
so the auto ls1 went at its dead spot (50mph), and still won 1 out of 3 . tell your friend with the nsx to never try a manual ls1 until he gets some mods...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Launching!

AUTO LS1 Z28 COUPE WITH 3.23 GEARS. AFTER MARKET EXHAUST AND WEIGHT REDUCTION ( REMOVED REAR SEATS)

EVERY BIT AS FAST AS A STOCK WEIGHT STOCK EXHAUST MN6 LS1

IF IT WAS A MANUAL WHAT WOULD YOUR EXCUSE BE? THAT THE LS1 GUY COULDNT SHIFT?

YOU'LL SEE THE VIDS SOON ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT ON HOW A BONE STOCK (AND STOCK WEIGHT) LS1 Z28 MN6 WOULD FAIR.

Ive seen the vids and honestly unless a 100% bone stock mn6 3.42 Z28 can pull 5 cars on a 100% bone stock 3.23 stock auto Z28 from 60-130 mph it wont have a chance against a stock 2002 and up NSX .
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah guys... let's not forget that a 6spd NSX with a good driver (later 3.2l models) are every bit as quick in the 1/4 mile as an LS1 F-body or Corvette, and they have a topspeed of 175mph. The ******* are almost identical in performance to a C5 Corvette.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Cool.

Now do a nice top of second pull. And a Dig. IMHO the dig race will be very very close.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vToahY9iIvk
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Who challenged you saying a stock A4 LS1 would beat a stock 05 NSX from a 50 roll? How about mix up the starts? Dig, 20 roll, 60 roll, whatever....Id like to see different runs instead of the obvious outcome from a 50 roll.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Good stories, Good Kill, Good Vid!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Theres a reason why we aren't going to see a 6 speed C5 vs. the NSX. If a 6 speed C6 loses to an NSX then the C5 driver can't ******* drive a corvette. Theres not much else to say.

And btw, I would put my money on a 6 speed f-body anyday over an auto f-body with no rear seats.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Theres a reason why we aren't going to see a 6 speed C5 vs. the NSX. If a 6 speed C6 loses to an NSX then the C5 driver can't ******* drive a corvette. Theres not much else to say.

And btw, I would put my money on a 6 speed f-body anyday over an auto f-body with no rear seats.
Which is why they both run high 12s at 107mph+, and top out at around 175mph. An M6 C5 (non FRC) and a late-model 6spd NSX are basically DEAD even, from the beginning till the end.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Launching!

I would like to see a manual C5 race that NSX. A manual C5 with a good driver, would of put at least same distance on an auto F-body from a 50 roll.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
I would like to see a manual C5 race that NSX. A manual C5 with a good driver, would of put at least same distance on an auto F-body from a 50 roll.
It would put quite a distance......
Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Good run guys.

Gus//
Old 03-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

hey whats up.well gus told me about this thread so i figured i would post my thoughts.

figured id go with the name TheDestroyer,never been called that but that seems to be my name on here,lol..

anyways about the "snake".this is probably the best race and closest race i have ever done.ive raced a lot of quick cars in my time.450hp GT35R S2k,400+/- srt4,497rwhp TT supra,444hp GT30 corrado,and many others.

My car is a 2005 Evolution 8. Dynoed 418awhp on 92 pump gas,22psi,and stock slipping clutch. Now I have a stg 2 clutch and feel I have let more ponies to the ground. I just havent re-dynoed yet.

The first time we raced he was bone stock i believe. We were doing a roll at about 45-50mph. He did the 3 honks and i saw him pull about 1-1 1/2 cars. I was like WTF is going on,why am I taking forever to boost? Well my dumbass was in 3rd gear and not 2nd. As I started to boost I started to walk him by about 2 lengths. Fairly proud of my 4banger 2.0L

"Snakes" stories are fairly true. First race was pretty close,second race I saw him fall back very far(missing 3rd),3rd race was close but I let off at the top of the hill because of a overpass where cops tend to sit on and call there buddy just pass the overpass on the highway.

The last race was the best. We were at about 50mph. I did the 3 honks and we took off..neck and neck to each other. Then I braked b/c our exit to our meet up spot was just ahead. At first we were dead even,he switch gears i pull ahead,i switch gears he pull ahead. His car has gotten a lot faster since the first time. But none the less pleased to have beat a V-10 months ago and now hang with a lightly modded v-10.

watch out now snake i have a lot of mods in mind for the future. looking to push 650-720awhp.

If anyone ask my car traped at 123mph on pump gas,pump tune,and 22psi with no launching and a stock clutch.

till next time snake.lol

oh btw,i loved the way you wrote about the nite.haha.felt like i was reading a novel.very humble and cool guy as well.

Last edited by TheDestroyer; 03-27-2007 at 01:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.