Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

T/A vs. turbo toilet w/wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Must have been some prety nasty mustangs to take out a second DSM.
Back when I was running 13s on the stock block (several years ago) I raced an 11 second mustang from a roll. He beat me so badly I decided to even things out and do some work on the car. The mods on the car are the result.

Unfortunately I've gotten alot older since then and gotten alot lazier about my car. The time I should be spending on it has been spent on my other project car, a 1973 Duster.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XakEp
Back when I was running 13s on the stock block (several years ago) I raced an 11 second mustang from a roll. He beat me so badly I decided to even things out and do some work on the car. The mods on the car are the result.

Unfortunately I've gotten alot older since then and gotten alot lazier about my car. The time I should be spending on it has been spent on my other project car, a 1973 Duster.
A 9 second DSM and a Duster? That's some combo in your garage!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

A 9 second DSM and a Duster? That's some combo in your garage!
I wanted a 1968 camaro, couldnt afford one. The Duster was only 850$ and I was looking for something I'd never worked on before.

You should see some of the other stuff some of the other locals have. One's got a turbo'd barstool.

I'm into sleepers and cheapo cars. Modding an Fbody never really appealed to me, since everyone knows they're fast out of the box. I like to suprise people. I dont think the Talon has a 9 second pass in it, but I think if I flog the **** out of it it'll do a mid 10. Its only got an ACT 2600 in it, so I may have to step up to a twin disk. WOnt know until the track opens up in 1.5 months.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted a 1968 camaro, couldnt afford one. The Duster was only 850$ and I was looking for something I'd never worked on before.

You should see some of the other stuff some of the other locals have. One's got a turbo'd barstool.

I'm into sleepers and cheapo cars. Modding an Fbody never really appealed to me, since everyone knows they're fast out of the box. I like to suprise people.
Yea. I have a 66 Custom 500, complete with faded paint, rust and a hula-hula girl on the dash. problem is that is has a bunch of thumpety-thump coming out the exhaust.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Yea. I have a 66 Custom 500, complete with faded paint, rust and a hula-hula girl on the dash. problem is that is has a bunch of thumpety-thump coming out the exhaust.
Yeah, I hear ya. I've fired the Duster up a few times this week before the snow fell, and the neighbors called the cops. The cops showed up, waved and drove off. I get away so much more **** with the Duster than I ever would with the Talon.

Funny thing is, the Duster has mufflers on it and its still ******* LOUD. I love it. It'll never be as fast as the Talon, but I drive so much more. Puts a grin on my face.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

got any pics of this DSM??? my sisters friend just picked up a modded 90 talon TSI and its been running like **** he said. Im gonna go over to his garage next week and help him work on it.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
got any pics of this DSM??? my sisters friend just picked up a modded 90 talon TSI and its been running like **** he said. Im gonna go over to his garage next week and help him work on it.
Its under about 5 inches of show right now and I dont have any pictures of it. Some helpful links for working on the car.

www.vfaq.com
www.dsmtalk.com/forums (great for tech info)
1000q.dsm.org

FIrst thing to replace on a DSM thats running like *** - plugs and wires. Get the NGK BPR6ES plugs at Napa or Carquest, nothing else. If you need any help shoot me a PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

Sorry, I just had to post this. THere are idiots out there driving all kinds of cars.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/custom-cars...rip-248332.php

To be fair, I think his wheel crossed the finish line.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Sorry, I just had to post this. THere are idiots out there driving all kinds of cars.

Those are the new spinners huh? They come off the car and spin on down the road? Amazing! What will they think of next?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Threads like this drive me insane... some people just need to throw out every notion they have and save people the frustration of listening to them. This term "Rice" is thrown around for everything Japanese nowadays which is such a load of bullshit. The term rice should be reserved for cars....not imports... cars loaded up with modifications designed to mimic the features of actual fast cars (nonfunctioning spoilers/ exhaust with no performance gain/ body kits on grocery getters/ guages with no utility/ racing seats in a car that sees no AutoX or Drag) ..you get what I'm saying.

This applies to american cars, yes even muscle cars, just as much as Imports. The name is simply because most of this crap is made by in Japan and sold on ebay. It's termed "Rice" because of japanese food and the origin of the "Ricer" style, although personally I think the "Ricer" style started in america in an attempt to mimic Japanese tuner cars.

..and I can not for the life of me understand how some members seek to prove a point by proclaiming another member a "***/Ricer/Pussie" this simple minded immature **** is rediculous, get the f*&k over youselves quit trying to prove that your E-***** is bigger than everyone else's.

Alot of the domestic driving members on this site would be wise to respect the DSM cars. I have worked on and drive Evos/Talons/240sx's/Supras etc. and I love all those cars. Obviously I prefer my LS1 but you will never catch me underestimating any real import sports cars.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

HAHAHAHA That was hilarious.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

^ I love the announcer's comments!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
modding a mirage. wow. what did the tuners give up trying to make celicas and preludes fast?

Are you serious? Do you know what those cars weigh? I have one (well, really an imported rebadged one 89 Plymouth Colt - same car) and it weighs 2190lbs bone stock. What's great is the 4G63T motor from the T/E/L DROPS IN. Say you pick up 200lbs from the swap and that's an exaggeration and do a mild build up, do you have any ******* idea how fast a 500-600whp 2,300lb car can be? Just to give you some perspective on the HP/lb ratio, a 3,500lb f-body would have to make 900rwhp+ just to hang with it on the highway. There's a guy on our DSMlink forums who trapped 148mph in the 1320 on his with 'only' 630whp, and it made 708whp on the dyno! I was really tempted to swap something into mine but don't care too much for high HP FWD, and it's just too nice on gas 32/39.

On another note...

Some people like unassuming cars. For example I just strapped my car on the dyno a couple days ago and at "medium" boost and a conservative tune it made 500whp. You wouldn't think twice if you looked at it on the street. Cannot even see the fmic. That was on gas I can get from the pump. Gotta watch for those turbo toilets. Can't be too cocky. Nice thread.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

First off, on page two people were making fun of kidcamaro for saying TT. He didn't mean twin turbo...if you'd pay attenton he meants Turbo Toilet.

But anyway, there is really nothing moe pathetic than arguing in a thread to people hundreds if not thousands of miles away about what they like blah blah. Especially when the arguers start trying to talk smart and educated and type eachother PARAGRAPH after PARAGRAPH per reply proving the other wrong somehow.

Seriously....you'd have to be quite the piece of work to sit home all day doing that. I guess on the internet everyone can bench 500lbs, has an IQ of 210, and knows everything about everything.

Dan
Old 03-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
First off, on page two people were making fun of kidcamaro for saying TT. He didn't mean twin turbo...if you'd pay attenton he meants Turbo Toilet.

But anyway, there is really nothing moe pathetic than arguing in a thread to people hundreds if not thousands of miles away about what they like blah blah. Especially when the arguers start trying to talk smart and educated and type eachother PARAGRAPH after PARAGRAPH per reply proving the other wrong somehow.

Seriously....you'd have to be quite the piece of work to sit home all day doing that. I guess on the internet everyone can bench 500lbs, has an IQ of 210, and knows everything about everything.

Dan
The OP and I are in the same city, and he declined an offer to race me. Dont look here, I was willing to race.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07

Dan

Dude, i typed all that **** at like 11-2am beacuse im an insomniac and dont sleep, and he was really pissing me off. So what i took the time out to school his ***. was anyone on here telling me i was wrong? no, they werent. its OBVIOUS what i was saying in PARAGRAPH AFTER PARAGRAPH that i had more then valid points, i had well known facts. and how i act on the internet when someone pisses me off is the same way i act in person when someone pisses me off, i cant bench press 500LBS nor do i have an IQ of 210, but this is how i am period in an argument.

It not pathetic to argue on the internet at all buddy, its called learning something new the hard way.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

oi vey
Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I honestly dont know how much I've spent on it. I'd race ya if you came to Denver. I offered to race the OP since we're local, but it looks like he doesnt want to get his mud stomped by a 4 banger.

Instead I get some lameass insults and no race. Heaven forbid I should get a race in the Street Racing section. **** it, I'm going to bed.
Look here dipshit. I havent posted because I do have a life and Im not on at all hours of the morning. SECONDLY you little sphincter, I never in one way instigated ANYTHING. I never came here saying my car is such and such faster blah blah blah. I simply stated the events of that night. Go blow your load on someone else who cares k?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
Look here dipshit. I havent posted because I do have a life and Im not on at all hours of the morning. SECONDLY you little sphincter, I never in one way instigated ANYTHING. I never came here saying my car is such and such faster blah blah blah. I simply stated the events of that night. Go blow your load on someone else who cares k?
lol @ "little sphincter"

I'm a gigantic *******, get it right. Too bad you're the *****.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The OP and I are in the same city, and he declined an offer to race me. Dont look here, I was willing to race.

Whoever said I declined? Because I didnt post immediately when you posted? With such idiots on the street it makes me afraid to even take my beater out for a drive.