Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Victim of a Ricer fly-by

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Victim of a Ricer fly-by

so the other night me and my girl were crusin in the Z and she was drivin...we come up to a light and theres a V6 stang in the other lane....well when the light turned green he took off so she hammered on it and blew past him....well we get like 300 yards up the road and all of a sudden he flies by doin like 100...and all i could do was laugh.....if anyone has some good stories feel free to add to the thread
Old 04-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Launching!

I was behind two cars at a stoplight about to race.A 300c(hemi) and an Infiniti g35.They were inchin eachother so i was just layin back.once the light turns green,they throwdown.Its not even my race, but i was holdin my footbrake and throttled to 1700 rpms.I ended up driving around the 300c and shuttin it down around 95.Smoked em both from behind with room to breathe.I get in the leftturn lane and the hemi drives about an inch from my passenger side door.NO bs.....my car moved from him so close at over 100 mph.What a punk!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

An inch???
Damn dude. Glad he didn't nail ya.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

i swear some ppl are just stupid....good kills
Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
I was behind two cars at a stoplight about to race.A 300c(hemi) and an Infiniti g35.They were inchin eachother so i was just layin back.once the light turns green,they throwdown.Its not even my race, but i was holdin my footbrake and throttled to 1700 rpms.I ended up driving around the 300c and shuttin it down around 95.Smoked em both from behind with room to breathe.I get in the leftturn lane and the hemi drives about an inch from my passenger side door.NO bs.....my car moved from him so close at over 100 mph.What a punk!

He was probably thinking the same of you for taking over his race.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

HAHA the infamous ricer flyby... what your girl should've done was follow him and wait for him to do normal speeds again. then out of nowhere, RICER FLYBY his *** again and see how he likes it!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

LOL actually she followed him into a sonic and as he got out of his car to go to work...LMAO...(the guy was like 25-30) she drops it in N and hits about 5,500 rattlin the windows....lol....shoulda seen his face....the car was ugly as sin...plastic hub caps, shitty V6 exhaust...total Rice
Old 04-18-2007, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by maroboy28
LOL actually she followed him into a sonic and as he got out of his car to go to work...LMAO...(the guy was like 25-30) she drops it in N and hits about 5,500 rattlin the windows....lol....shoulda seen his face....the car was ugly as sin...plastic hub caps, shitty V6 exhaust...total Rice

No. A ******** ricer in a slow American mustang that should be driving a big-wing and stickers Asian (rice) car. What an ignorant ***, this guy. Working at Sonic explains alot if he is not a student.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Old 04-18-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got one the other night we're just cruisin around doing 40 speed limit when some ricey lookin hatch comes flying up behind us then stays maybe 4 cars back couldn't tell what it was at the time, so we're drivin for about another mile or so it's a 1 lane country road very few bends by the way when he came up on us we me & g/f driving increased our speed to about 55-60 thinking he's gonna try somthing & he sticks with us till we run up on a slower car doing the limit, slow down & he whips by us on the oncoming lane.
Soo g/f see's red and chases his *** down and catch him at the lights & see the riceyest pos ever glittery bright purple vauxall corsa twin fart cans one each side shitty body kit,altezzas with one working brake light the other flashing on & off at intervals. POS then he decides to "TRY" and nail it & we just stuck to his *** doing about 80 and had to we've around traffic with cars approaching driving like he'd just nicked the thing, so we just let him go, but ended up back with him at a stop light further down the road & he just turned off into a side street, didn't wanna run when it's heads up *****! sorry so long
Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maroboy28

just cause he goes by you aftet the race is over, that makes him be a ricer when hes in a Mustang?? WTF?

Some people dont actually race you, or think they are going to win...

for instance...some people **** with way faster cars, just to see them perform....like if you pulled up on a Hennessey viper..you know your gonna get butt raped but you try to race him anyways..why?? just cause its a rush to see that much of a faster car take off on the streets..am i correct?? I believe so...

if we lined up, and i smoked you and at 100 you decided to go flying by me..would i consider you doing a ricer flyby?? No.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

well i was waiting on some 3.8's to throw something in and it looks like i got one.....the fact that his car was RICED out...with PLASTIC chrome rims and shitty weedwacker exhaust is what makes his a ricer fly by..now if you were to do it to a V8 then its not cuz your car is a very clean camaro...same goes with V6 stangs..if they're clean its different....if they're riced out and just plain annoying....FLYBY!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

haha I think the ricer flyby is one of the funniest things, I mean how did that even come about?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Launching!

In regards to Hondas specifically,they dont really make the HP until higher rpms.Now by the time Vtec(*sigh*) kicks in,Any torque worthy car has put some distance on them.So my take is that it grew from the different designs in our cars.So we get these flybys after we feel we are done and they are just getting up to speed.The true muscle comes when u do the coveted "flyby denied".Hes fart cannin his way, buildin steam.Then gets shutdown by a nice downshift and subsequent"tour de force"
Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
In regards to Hondas specifically,they dont really make the HP until higher rpms.Now by the time Vtec(*sigh*) kicks in,Any torque worthy car has put some distance on them.So my take is that it grew from the different designs in our cars.So we get these flybys after we feel we are done and they are just getting up to speed.The true muscle comes when u do the coveted "flyby denied".Hes fart cannin his way, buildin steam.Then gets shutdown by a nice downshift and subsequent"tour de force"
If you know how to drive, you're never "out of VTEC" in a race situation
Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Launching!

You are right.I agree.A controller doesnt hurt either.FWD-lighter car vs RWD- heavier car.Both has a light and a dark side.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you know how to drive, you're never "out of VTEC" in a race situation
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

one of my first street races was against a stock 2000 or so civic. The guy driving I knew from school and he was really into the import scene he thought imports were the ****. so we line up one night on a very long very wide road that almost never has anyone on it and we do the 3 honks, and I just spin the tires so hard through first, and while I am spining he is right next to me but as soon as I hook I just put bus lenghts upon bus lenghts on him. I end up going to about 100 and put in in nuetral and coast down to about 50 after doing 50 for a little while he gives me the old ricer fly by and throws on the hazards. and the funny thing was after that long he still didn't fly by me all that fast.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
***Repost Police***

Well, a 115hp or 127hp Civic ain't exactly a fast car...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

.....beatin a honda civic is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well, a 115hp or 127hp Civic ain't exactly a fast car...
Don't tell me, I know they ain't fast and will never be fast but this guy didn't