Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Owned by Termi and C6Z in the same day

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Owned by Termi and C6Z in the same day

What up fellas? Been awhile since I posted any runs (actually my last kill story was a bad death to me) and I had an interesting weekend so I thought I would post the story for you fellas...

First race was last weekend. There was a huge Mustang Club of America show here so I drove down with a buddy of mine to check it out. Definitely some very nice Stangs/Cobras! Well, all the Mustang action was getting to me, and I was ready to run ANYTHING! So I'm leaving the show and just about out of town and I'm at the final light. What pulls up behind me?...I nice looking Torch Red Termi'! I've never had a chance to run one, so I was a little excited (I guess now is a good time to insert the old cliche' "be carefull what you wish for") I shoot the guy a rev to let him know I'm interested. I'm in the right lane and a truck is next to me in the left lane and then the Termi right behind me. The light turns green so I give it about 70% throttle to get in front of the truck so the Cobra can line up beside me if he wants to...

Well, I look in the rearview mirror and next thing I know the Cobra shoots into the left lane after clearing the truck and just ROMPS on it! Yes, it was a bit of a flyby, but it didn't matter though...He killed me like none other! Much worse than the 520RWHP 'Vette I raced a couple of weeks ago! I had no idea what this car had, but the blower was SCREAMING (I had no problems hearing it over my car at WOT) I have no idea how many lengths he put on me, but it was A LOT! I just let off around 90-95 and he was flying. Once he passed he hit me with the hazards . I just laughed! I guess I deserved it since I started the whole thing! My best bud was in the car with me (big time Ford/Mustang/Cobra guy) and he just looked at me and said
"That's got to hurt..." (Maybe just a little )

So on the way home from the show we decide to take the scenic route and enjoy the nice day. I'm going through one particular small town and leaving the last light and I noticed something at the front of the pack...Sure enough it was a dark blue C6Z06 . So I fly past traffic to get beside him and get a closer look (I really had no intention of racing the guy...I know my role in life) So I get beside him and give him a big ****-eating grin and a thumbs up. The next thing I know he drops into second and starts goosing it! This C6Z is picking on me! So I go ahead in drop it into second just for kicks and giggles...He takes off and just leaves me! It wasn't as bad as the Terminator earlier because this was a fair start and I stayed in it a little longer...but once again buslengths! At this point my pride is a little hurt, but I expected the beatings and still had fun.

A few days later I get redemption for myself on a buddies '04 GTO but this is already a long story so I'll save the GTO kill for another thread to come later.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honorable deaths. At least you take it like a man, even though the cobra driver did the ******** ricer flash...
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Honorable deaths. At least you take it like a man, even though the cobra driver did the ******** ricer flash...
+1

No shame in losing to either one of those cars.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Launching!

When is that mustang show coming to Tulsa? I didnt know they did one in Enid. Maybe i am thinking of something different.

Anyway good deaths.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

good deaths man...yea i agree, no shame in losing to a modded terminator..those things are slick as owl ****....wish i could afford one..but im stuck with a LS1
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

nice deaths man, although the cobra race might have been a little closer with a fair start.....
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vhgjk123
When is that mustang show coming to Tulsa? I didnt know they did one in Enid. Maybe i am thinking of something different.

Anyway good deaths.
It's the annual MCA show. Apparently it is a national thing, and they rotate between three different cities. One of those cities is Mustang, OK (just outside of OKC). This is just what a buddy of mine told me that is a huge Mustang fan...I need more F-body friends....

It's the second time I've gone and it just keeps getting bigger. I was talking to one of the judges and they had almost 500 Mustangs/Cobras register. A LOT of sweet rides for sure! It would make even the most die hard GM guy drool a little...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
It's the annual MCA show. Apparently it is a national thing, and they rotate between three different cities. One of those cities is Mustang, OK (just outside of OKC). This is just what a buddy of mine told me that is a huge Mustang fan...I need more F-body friends....

It's the second time I've gone and it just keeps getting bigger. I was talking to one of the judges and they had almost 500 Mustangs/Cobras register. A LOT of sweet rides for sure! It would make even the most die hard GM guy drool a little...
You are correct. It's a huge annual mustang show held by the Mustang Club of America (MCA). The MCA endorses smaller, regional shows also but there is only a single big show each year. They rotate cities each year, but there are more than 3.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Teching In

nice death! those are two cars i wouldnt mind losing to...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Heck Yes! I had my first loss to a 03-04 Cobra with 500+HP. Not that it would take that much to beat me but whatever. Good deaths.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Good deaths. The terminator driver appears to be a little bit of a ********! He could have done without the flasher thing.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

I think the Cobra guy was just screwin' with me since I shot him the 'rev first and he was obviously more car than I could run with. It didn't bother me...I think the flyby thing was a little more jacked up (but like I said, it wouldn't have made much difference)
Old 05-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good runs! My two favorite cars, nice.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good deaths....
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

i no wut u feel like man, dont sweat it. I got a few friends with 03/04 cobras and they always rip on me telling me my car is slow. To them yeah, cuz they got S/C and forged internals. But i dont know a lot of cars making 362 to the wheels on stock manifolds with bolt ons only, and is in the same price range of an LS1
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Nice Deaths
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Honor was satisfied at least. Good runs man.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rajiv1998
But i dont know a lot of cars making 362 to the wheels on stock manifolds with bolt ons only, and is in the same price range of an LS1
03/04 cobras are in the same price range as an LS1? the cobras are quite a bit more if i am not mistaken.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think he was refering to an LS1.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Teching In

good story, and glad to c someone not bitch and make excuses, very honarable death