Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a New Mustang with Roush blower

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4U2BNVS
Irunelevens

Trust me the video is real its my car we could show it to you on camera. Hell if you lived close I could take you to the mustang guy and race him again. I know your not trying to be a dick about anything but my car is fairly quick obviously from the vid and that mustang was not slouch as he beat a airlid and exhaust LS1 pretty bad but like I said my car is probably over 450 rwhp but that is just a guess and also I'm an M6 with 4.10s with Mickey Thompson DR's so my car will get outta the hole good.

Thanks for all the compliments guys
Like I said, I wasn't talking about this video necessarily. Just telling Choco that just because somebody has a video of something, doesn't make it 100% without-a-doubt true. And calling a car a "heavy pig" just because it lost to a car with 450rwhp+ isn't exactly fair.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Ya I understand he's been hard on everybody and no not all S197s are heavy pigs I don't think they weigh much if anymore than my car.

Ya exactly just cus that mustang lost to my car doesn't mean **** cus I don't care what anyone says 450rwhp+ is alotta power for a street car yes there are plenty that make more but I bet there are more cars that make less

Thanks for the comments
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Launching!

For $20,225 over the base price of a Mustang GT,the total cost of the Roush balloons to $51,635.The Roots-style blower makes the engine a rather torquey beast. It's rated at 415 hp and 385 lb-ft of torque, but the tester put down 391 hp and 367 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels on the Dynojet at JDM Engineering in Freehold, New Jersey. It does this with a claimed 4-5 psi of boost.Also stopping the 3800lb Roush are 14-inch front two-piece rotors and four-piston calipers.Just laying some facts out there, to go off of.How much rwhp is the camaro makin?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a video of a roushcharged stage 1, full exhaust, gears, and intake vs a SS that is stock down to the paper filter, lid and catback. The roush coulnd't pull it, it was a dead even race the whole time. I was there, it was taped from my car chasing them.

the roush made 401 rwhp and I don't remember how much torque.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
***Repost Police***

so was it a Roush stage 1, or was it supercharged? And if a 401rwhp Mustang can't pull away from a stock LS1, blame the we-todd behind the wheel of the Mustang
Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
so was it a Roush stage 1, or was it supercharged? And if a 401rwhp Mustang can't pull away from a stock LS1, blame the we-todd behind the wheel of the Mustang
It is a stage 1 and it is roushcharged. Believe it or not Roush offers their supercharger for sale to the general public.
I blame the fact that the roushcharger is gay and I blame the fact that he weighed in at just under 4000 pounds. HP numbers don't rule the world, if the 70% of this site that believes that it does would get a reality check there wouldn't be so much confusion as to why one car with less hp beats another car that makes more hp.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

...And if a 401rwhp Mustang can't pull away from a stock LS1, blame the we-todd behind the wheel of the Mustang
You really need to stop posting stupid **** like this. But in case you didn't know, many things besides WHP determine how a car performs.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, but you're calling it a fat heavy pig when it doesn't weigh much more than your car at all.
where did i say my car is light? you're assuming i'm saying my car is some light, wonderful piece of engineering.

f-bodies ARE HEAVY! they are not fat heavy pigs, but they are heavy.

so:

f-bodies: heavy
mustangs: fat, heavy pigs
charger: rosie o'donnell fat

clearer?

And seeing a video isn't "real world." You weren't there.
gotcha. this video isn't filmed in the "real world." it's filmed in some alternate dimension where "real" does not apply... it's real world evidence, my friend. just live with that fact and we'll be able to move on more smoothly.

Not saying this video isn't legit or anything like that, but in general you can't fully believe EVERYTHING you see.
i doubt the OP is lying. this video is definitely legit. again, just deal with the facts: the mustang was significantly slower than a cam-only f-body. why? because the f-body was more aerodynamic, significantly lighter and likely made more power on stock cubes N/A than a blown mustang.

Like that guy with the 268rwhp bolt-on LT1 with 3.23s that has "real world video evidence" of him PULLING a blown new-edge GT with well over 300rwhp. Yeah, there's video of him pulling the car, but come on... And I wasn't aware that merely being a bit slower makes something an "inferior car?"
i'll try to see it from your eyes:

i drive a mustang. i'm a huge mustang fan. i have been for years. the mustang's #1 rival throughout history has been the f-body. i'm seeing a new mustang using forced induction get whooped on by a cam-only, stock cubed, naturally aspirated f-body using an engine design 10 years older than the new mustang's. i feel very threatened because it is a clear victory, so i'm going to come up with whatever exceptions to the rule, random unrelated scenarios and magazine numbers that help make the mustang look better not only to just defend a random mustang, but for my own benefit. maybe i'll start a little conflict on an LS1-based site i'm trolling to get my rocks off while i'm at it.

am i close?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

^hahahaha! i think you nailed it!

there are alot of cool mustang guys on here but the stubborn ones are horrible. it wasn't a bad loss that is a mean cam only car. but all in all the roush sucks.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by

i'll try to see it from your eyes:
[I
i drive a mustang. i'm a huge mustang fan. i have been for years. the mustang's #1 rival throughout history has been the f-body. i'm seeing a new mustang using forced induction get whooped on by a cam-only, stock cubed, naturally aspirated f-body using an engine design 10 years older than the new mustang's. i feel very threatened because it is a clear victory, so i'm going to come up with whatever exceptions to the rule, random unrelated scenarios and magazine numbers that help make the mustang look better not only to just defend a random mustang, but for my own benefit. maybe i'll start a little conflict on an LS1-based site i'm trolling to get my rocks off while i'm at it.[/I]

am i close?

^^^

You know that's funny because every post this guy makes has to do with some bullshit Mustang excuse. He tries so hard too, he tries all angles.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:14 PM
***Repost Police***

Man, some of you clowns make me laugh. I am in NO WAY a "Mustang guy." I've been over this several times. And I've also been over the fact that I wanted an LS1 F-body or LS1/LS2 GTO in the first place SEVERAL times. What I am not, is blinded by bias. If a 401rwhp 3800lb Mustang loses to a ~315rwhp 3500lb F-body, I say, "Man, maybe the guy in the Mustang couldn't drive that well." Makes sense to me... the Mustang either has 3.31 or 3.55 gears, so it's not the gearing issue. The weight difference isn't enough to account fo a ~80rwhp difference in power. Just because I'm not an F-body fanboy does not in ANY way make me a Mustang lover. And Heretic, you've been on this site for what... a month? You can't exactly make a blanket-judgement on somebody based on that . If any of you guys knew me in real life (or even from a forum other than this), you would laugh at somebody calling me a "Mustang lover." If you don't believe me, ask Justin00SS... we've been on another forum for a few years now, and I bet he'd get a good chuckle out of that
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys' leave IRUNELEVENS alone,he trolls every thread he can find with ricer excuses and dumbass explanations...to the OP,sick car! i want an MS4 now >.>
Old 05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, that's it... I "troll" threads .
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Resident

Yeah, that's it... I "troll" threads .
you do "troll" threads, though.

look, you're a mustang fan that constantly defends mustangs on an GM LSx website. that is the very definition of a troll.

now, that doesn't mean we don't like you. liking a mustang is like being born blind. it's not your fault you're handicapped, so why hold it against you?

okay, so i'm just poking fun. look, i'm not trying to be a jerk here. honestly. i'm just messing with you, but the fact that you didn't write a response to what i said has just reinforced my point. we don't dislike you. we understand you're a mustang fan, but there are just some things you have to accept. the LS1 is just a better motor than anything ford has put in a mustang recently (hell, it may be better than any performance motor ford has ever made, period). just like f-bodies admit defeat to terminators, you can't deny the LS1's superiority to even the new mustang's powertrain. accepting it doesn't make you a sellout to your mustang friends. it just makes you a realist, and you'll be stronger for it.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you do "troll" threads, though.

look, you're a mustang fan that constantly defends mustangs on an GM LSx website. that is the very definition of a troll.

now, that doesn't mean we don't like you. liking a mustang is like being born blind. it's not your fault you're handicapped, so why hold it against you?

okay, so i'm just poking fun. look, i'm not trying to be a jerk here. honestly. i'm just messing with you, but the fact that you didn't write a response to what i said has just reinforced my point. we don't dislike you. we understand you're a mustang fan, but there are just some things you have to accept. the LS1 is just a better motor than anything ford has put in a mustang recently (hell, it may be better than any performance motor ford has ever made, period). just like f-bodies admit defeat to terminators, you can't deny the LS1's superiority to even the new mustang's powertrain. accepting it doesn't make you a sellout to your mustang friends. it just makes you a realist, and you'll be stronger for it.
I KNOW THAT THE LS1 IS WAY BETTER THAN MY 2V 4.6. That is why I wanted a SOM WS6 in the first place. Or at the very least a 4v 4.6. I told myself I'd never get another 2V, cuz it'd just be a waste of money for me to do bolt-ons and spend a couple grand and not even get to where an LS1 is stock. But this car presented itself as the best alternative, and had all the mods on it when I bought it. So I bought it, and I'm making do. But just because I like the LS1 better, does not mean that I'm blinded to reality. If some tool comes on here with a stock 2.73 A4 Z28 and says he put buslengths on a bolt-on Mach 1 with 4.10s, of course I'm gonna say that it was the Mustang driver's fault. Just like if a guy comes on here with a stock 03 Cobra and says he buttraped an h/c/i LS1, I'm gonna say, "Well that was probably the F-body driver's fault, but good kill." The reason you see me on alot of "_____ vs. Mustang" threads is because that's what half the damn threads in this section are about
Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Resident

I KNOW THAT THE LS1 IS WAY BETTER THAN MY 2V 4.6.
it's also better than the 4V 4.6L and the 5.4L (that's what they put in the new mustangs now, right?)

a lot of people may come in and say "but the 4V 4.6L is a better FI motor." well, a forged internals LS1 can perform just as well as a 4V 4.6L and it's a helluva lot better N/A giving the edge to the LS1 still

i'm busting your *****, man. take it easy, it's an internet forum. i don't bite
Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 PM
***Repost Police***

Well when GM decides to put forged internals and a factory blower in the new Camaro, that'll be good for them . And btw, the 5.4 is only in the GT500.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=. And Heretic, you've been on this site for what... a month? You can't exactly make a blanket-judgement on somebody based on that . If any of you guys knew me in real life (or even from a forum other than this), you would laugh at somebody calling me a "Mustang lover." If you don't believe me, ask Justin00SS... we've been on another forum for a few years now, and I bet he'd get a good chuckle out of that [/QUOTE]

Oh come on, who cares how long I've been posting here? That's some forum trolling, internet nerd, no life geek, trivial **** to say.

But just for the record, I've been READING and doing RESEARCH on this forum since October 2005 with another screen name I don't use anymore. Which was way before I even bought the Trans Am. But who cares about that, it's trivial.

You don't own an LS1, you haven't mentioned anything about buying one and you're not making any contributions or doing any research or learning here so news flash, YOU'RE A TROLL.

PS: It's ok to troll, just don't deny it.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Resident

Well when GM decides to put forged internals and a factory blower in the new Camaro, that'll be good for them . And btw, the 5.4 is only in the GT500.
what do they put in the new GT's? i knew the 5.4L went in something.

the day GM decides to put forged internals in a motor yea...still waiting on snow in july, too...
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Like I said guys cus thats my camaro in the video. I don't have any problems with mustangs hell I used to own one. Its just the fact that I couldn't believe we beat a supercharged S197 mustang that bad especially since my friend was the one driving my car and it was his first time driving my car but don't get me wrong he's been driving manuals since he could drive and he's 24 so he has some experience. I gave him an idea of how my car handled and he took it from there.

If your wondering y he was driving its cus I got 3rd degree burns in a bad fire.

Thanks for all the compliments it is a fast car and I love the MS4 cam