Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadCivicVtec
Thats cool, I can get the same chicks your talking about but hotter without a car. I guess im the minority here.
Did I say I needed the car to get chicks? I merely said I got complements, which I never once received for my rice, which was a clean car btw, just not sexy.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Did I say I needed the car to get chicks? I merely said I got complements, which I never once received for my rice, which was a clean car btw, just not sexy.
Thats great, im happy for you
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah must suck riding around in a 17 second civic
Old 06-26-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats cool, I can get the same chicks your talking about but hotter without a car. I guess im the minority here.

plz leave i don't want you around anymore
Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Look at what most imports,econos,4 cyl project to other people on the road.
When ages 24-35 see a civic and hear a loud,stupid mad-tight exhaust,what do you think their reaction is?
Now a 17 yr old girl might be impressed by vtec or some gauges, and some 16 yr old guy might think your wing looks cool.Drivers who own these smaller displacement,fuel efficient vehicles, project exactly that.No one cares,no one notices and no one is impressed.I even seen a girl laugh,out loud at an Evo.She said it sounded like an angry bee........do you think she would have laughed at a viper,vette,etc?
I personally think there are alot of imports that yield great potential for performance.Evos being the obvious beast for many reasons.
When a nice vette rolls up,people dont roll their eyes,they dont laugh.WHY?
Becasue it projects class.A sort of statement that expresses quality.Thats a hard pill to swallow for many import and econo owners.They will complain about personal preference and whine about cost.
Drive what you drive and keeping an open mind are essential characteristics for any and all true car enthusiasts.
SVT Focus is the exception....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah my car turns quite a few heads becuase its not like the thousand's of f bodies on the road
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Teching In

don't kid your self, there is almost no one I know that knows what a cobalt is and the ones around here don't turn heads. as hard as it is for you to accept cobalts look just like monte carlos, and tcs, and camerys and god knows what else. I get complements on my car from all kinds of different poeple, but thats not why I got it.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Teching In

I've heard of hating on cars with less cylindars but this thing is a chevy..show some badge pride! 14's in an economy car is cool!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95_formula
don't kid your self, there is almost no one I know that knows what a cobalt is and the ones around here don't turn heads. as hard as it is for you to accept cobalts look just like monte carlos, and tcs, and camerys and god knows what else. I get complements on my car from all kinds of different poeple, but thats not why I got it.

kid myself ha you do realize your driving a slower older car than me right. that looks the same as every other formula out there
Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
kid myself ha you do realize your driving a slower older car than me right. that looks the same as every other formula out there
Unfortunately for you and not to be a total jerk,but a Formula is still cooler and more of a "head-turner" then a Cobalt,Civic,etc. will ever be.
How would his car looking like other formulas,be different from any other car looking like the same model?That didnt make sense.
What is cool about the Cobalt is its FI from factory..That doesnt suck.
Are there faster Cobalts out there,then say.....my car.Absolutely.But dont think ill get walked by just any car(speaking for all LS1 owners)just because my car is
9 years old.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:23 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by turbovation
14's in an economy car is cool!
My Integra did that :X
Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Staging Lane

Unfortunately for you and not to be a total jerk,but a Formula is still cooler and more of a "head-turner" then a Cobalt,Civic,etc. will ever be.
How would his car looking like other formulas,be different from any other car looking like the same model?That didnt make sense.
What is cool about the Cobalt is its FI from factory..That doesnt suck.
Are there faster Cobalts out there,then say.....my car.Absolutely.But dont think ill get walked by just any car(speaking for all LS1 owners)just because my car is
9 years old.
I don't know about that. The formula and the older z28 camaro 4th gens that are stock aren't really a head tuner. Straight from the factory The two f body's that I always thought were sick looks wise are the ss camaro or the newer WS6. From my experience the cobalt turned some heads when I got it in 05 probably because there weren't any around. Doesn't turn many heads now though. Driving around in my bro's 94 z28 no one looks either. If I take the vette ill get some looks. I really couldn't give a **** what someone else thinks of my cars though. Im the one who likes it and thats what matters. If someone wants to turn heads go buy a viper.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
I don't know about that. The formula and the older z28 camaro 4th gens that are stock aren't really a head tuner. Straight from the factory The two f body's that I always thought were sick looks wise are the ss camaro or the newer WS6. From my experience the cobalt turned some heads when I got it in 05 probably because there weren't any around. Doesn't turn many heads now though. Driving around in my bro's 94 z28 no one looks either. If I take the vette ill get some looks. I really couldn't give a **** what someone else thinks of my cars though. Im the one who likes it and thats what matters. If someone wants to turn heads go buy a viper.
It could go either way on that. Theyre just newer.In 10-12 years...How will they compare?This is all in response to bashin the lt1.I think you really believe what youre writing.
They sure are shinier.....Looks better?(If I need to cruise by a highschool)
Im just givin you a hard time.

Thats subject to opinion.(Stock appearance lt1)

Last edited by six_string_wiz; 06-27-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they just look bettter stock i think they arn't very plain
Old 06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just think cobalts look like riced out cavaliers.

thats just me. with them being discontinued for 08', i think it's actually doing us GM guys a solid. Even though they could be good performers.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

It could go either way on that. Theyre just newer.In 10-12 years...How will they compare?This is all in response to bashin the lt1.I think you really believe what youre writing.
They sure are shinier.....Looks better?(If I need to cruise by a highschool)
Im just givin you a hard time.

Thats subject to opinion.(Stock appearance lt1)
Don't get me wrong, I love the LT1. My bro's 94 has a P1SC and is just plain nasty. I like the sound of the LT1 over my LS6 as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
How do you know your faster, because I got more than whats in my sig. And I don't see how the age of a car means anything because by your logic that makes my car better than most cars from america, japan, europe up to 94. I do relize my car looks the same as other cars that it was made to look exactly like hell thats why I got it. And thats a whole lot better than looking like every other economy car on the road and sounding like every honda on the road.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Id take a LT1 firebird over 3 slobalt SuperSucks. Even a ????? Neon eats cobalt ss's stock vs stock.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Banned

Why is ???? blocked out
Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Id take a LT1 firebird over 3 slobalt SuperSucks. Even a ????? Neon eats cobalt ss's stock vs stock.
being able to run a quarter mile 4 tenths faster is not eating another car. A Z06 eats a cobalt stock for stock. An ???? does not.