Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gas vs Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cj8718
Cool to you, Snot Nose. Where I come from the only clowns that drive IROCs are migrant workers. BTW, how many onions did you pick today?

Oh, and what exactly is "close" to 200? Sorry but I'll need to see a vid (GPS, not your messed up speedo) proving this "claim". I'd be shocked if you could get above 175...

If you don't like diesel trucks, fine, but you should probably keep your lack of experience/knowledge to yourself.
You are a ******* retard, I think you are mad because your cobra cant do 200. Everyone I run into compliments me on my car, Im not saying its super badass or bragging but it is far from a migrant worker car. And btw it only takes about 450-475hp to push a 3rd gen into the 200 mph range and I make that much n/a, so what makes you think that i cant do 200mph on a small shot of nitrous? Btw my speedo only goes to 85, lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I understand that this thread has gone off the reservation though I do see lots of opinions being given as facts. Let's set the record straight:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audis-di...-own-good.html

The ***-kicking has gotten so bad they now have to penalize the Audi oil-burners just to give the gassers a chance. Hmmm....

My 7200 lb Silverado Duramax is good for low 13's w/ nothing more than a McRat tune via EFILive though I'm about to upgrade the tranny that this tune seriously abuses. When I want to maximize mileage or tow I download a different tune (takes 3 minutes). In other words, my double-your-weight truck that makes double your hp and triple your tq does so using a $700 tuner and keeps up just fine.

McRat Racing is in the 10's (not on the run below, though) w/ a daily-driven Duramax that has minimal mods (spray, fueling, tranny and tune).

http://mcratracing.com/k/mcratvsorangecrush.wmv

I'd love to see posts about races between the two - I guess the fast diesel guys don't hang on this forum... too bad but given the comments I see I suppose I understand why.

I'll get off the diesel soapbox - I just can't stand to see folks on a for-the-most-part reasonable forum make uninformed statements.

I believe when I was watching them race the reason they were always ahead wasnt because of the power. The commentator mentioned that they have better gas mileage enabling them to go extra laps without refuel. I cant wait for a half ton diesel, someone needs to hurry up and make one.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Well said. Around some parts of the U.S. a nice, lifted 4x4 will drop more panties than a sports car. Ask me how I know.
No arguements from me my friend.

I know all about it. I sold it to buy another house. Moving next year and I do miss it. Next one is a Ford diesel or a Dodge diesel. i really love the megacabs.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....ry.asp?id=4829
Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by capn smokey
You are a ******* retard, I think you are mad because your cobra cant do 200. Everyone I run into compliments me on my car, Im not saying its super badass or bragging but it is far from a migrant worker car. And btw it only takes about 450-475hp to push a 3rd gen into the 200 mph range and I make that much n/a, so what makes you think that i cant do 200mph on a small shot of nitrous? Btw my speedo only goes to 85, lol.
I wouldn't know if the Cobra could do 200 because I'm not stupid enough to check. Beyond that, who the **** CARES? You, on the other hand, appear to be that dumb but, fortunately for anyone around you, you're living in a dream world. Put down the crack pipe.

Here's why you're full of ****: Your car has truly SHITTY aerodynamics. A new Z06 which is much more slippery can't get there w/ your same hp numbers so how in HELL can you? I'm not gonna bother looking but I doubt your gearing is tall-enough to get you there, either (especially since you don't have the Z06's 6-speed).

I'm calling you out - time to prove your claim or go away.

BTW, I don't dislike your car (I had one when they were new), I dislike your attitude. You're taking a stand on a topic you show that you know nothing about. How about you do a few searches, educate yourself then pop off.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's why you're full of ****: Your car has truly SHITTY aerodynamics. A new Z06 which is much more slippery can't get there w/ your same hp numbers so how in HELL can you? I'm not gonna bother looking but I doubt your gearing is tall-enough to get you there, either (especially since you don't have the Z06's 6-speed).

I'd have to agree. It would take alot more horsepower than he claims and he does not have the gear.

Not taking away form the LT camaro. It's a fine car for those who like them. I like fox bodies, but not everyone shares that opinion.

but 200 mph... I call on that claim.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Here's why you're full of ****: Your car has truly SHITTY aerodynamics. A new Z06 which is much more slippery can't get there w/ your same hp numbers..
It might..given the right circumstances..

I might be able to pull 200 in my Z..if I had 3.42's instead of 3.73's..it's got easily 460+ at the wheels..

Oh yea..
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by the_merv
Well, we've given him the chance to walk his talk. I'm betting he'll either disappear from this thread or, worse yet, misdirect and/or make excuses.

On the other hand, if he tries it w/out some serious aero mods we may just be minus a camaro guy.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
Dropped out of a C130 at 30,000'....

Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

I wouldn't know if the Cobra could do 200 because I'm not stupid enough to check. Beyond that, who the **** CARES? You, on the other hand, appear to be that dumb but, fortunately for anyone around you, you're living in a dream world. Put down the crack pipe.

I'm calling you out - time to prove your claim or go away.

BTW, I don't dislike your car (I had one when they were new), I dislike your attitude. You're taking a stand on a topic you show that you know nothing about. How about you do a few searches, educate yourself then pop off.
Pay attention retard, I do have a 6-speed that is capable of reaching 180 in fifth gear and sixth will take me well over 200 if im brave enough. And FYI A C6 Z06 IS WELL CAPABLE OF 200+ IN STOCK TRIM, are you stupid enough to believe GMs 198mph claim? And if you did a little research you would realize that 3rd gen f-bodies are one of the most aerodynamic cars ever made with a frontal area of 20-22 sq. ft and a drag coefficient of .29-.31. The Z06 has a frontal area of 21sq ft. and a Cd of .34, so my car is technically more aerodynamic and therefore more capable of reaching 200 at the same power levels as a Z06. I am not by any means claiming that my car is safe at those speeds but I am saying that it is well capable of doing them. So why dont you just stfu because you will lose this argument with the massive amount of knowledge you have acquired from all 0 of your posts.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

im pretty sure a zo6 will hit 200...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well said. Around some parts of the U.S. a nice, lifted 4x4 will drop more panties than a sports car. Ask me how I know.

Where I grew up, a man could have the best of both worlds. Ever body had Big Truck or Fast Car. Many had both to haul the car and panties!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not saying diesels are incredibly fast, but theres nothing like smoking a cocky ricer with a 1 ton f-350 . All my friends ford had was intake, a magnaflow, turbo upgrade, and edge tuner, but it was funnn. We would cruise around looking for the car with the biggest spoiler and race him. Best part was after we put 3-4 lengths on them and let off to slow down, they would always come flying by acting like they just smoked us . Also have fond memories of beating an eclipse while pulling a boat...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Well, we've given him the chance to walk his talk. I'm betting he'll either disappear from this thread or, worse yet, misdirect and/or make excuses.

On the other hand, if he tries it w/out some serious aero mods we may just be minus a camaro guy.
I was referring to the LS7 Z06..notice how I only quoted that part..
Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
^^what he said.
Dropped out of a C130 at 30,000'....

Nope..smokin too many FORDS...oooooo
Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Teching In

Pay attention retard, I do have a 6-speed that is capable of reaching 180 in fifth gear and sixth will take me well over 200 if im brave enough. And FYI A C6 Z06 IS WELL CAPABLE OF 200+ IN STOCK TRIM, are you stupid enough to believe GMs 198mph claim? And if you did a little research you would realize that 3rd gen f-bodies are one of the most aerodynamic cars ever made with a frontal area of 20-22 sq. ft and a drag coefficient of .29-.31. The Z06 has a frontal area of 21sq ft. and a Cd of .34, so my car is technically more aerodynamic and therefore more capable of reaching 200 at the same power levels as a Z06. I am not by any means claiming that my car is safe at those speeds but I am saying that it is well capable of doing them. So why dont you just stfu because you will lose this argument with the massive amount of knowledge you have acquired from all 0 of your posts.
You have a big mouth. Unfortunately that's about ALL you have. Your slow-*** Camaro ain't impressing me.

I don't want to see any more posts about what you THINK your car can do - you've already bored us with that. Either show us proof of what you claim or go away.

BTW, I don't believe your further bullshit claims about your car being more aerodynamic than a Z06. The REASON I don't is because I did about, oh, eight seconds of research. YOUR pile has a cd of about .34 while the new Z06 is the same. It's ONLY the same because they had to increase Z06 downforce in order to keep it on the ground at 180+ speeds. Yours is that high because it's a shitty design and offers almost no downforce. Also, your car has 24 sq/ft frontal area because of all the doo-dads GM tacked on to it. In other words, you're a LIAR, a FOOL, or both.

Let's go a bit further. Very few cars reach their top speed in the highest of their gears. Unless your car is geared very low it won't either. Based on your last meaningless post I'd say my original guess of 175 is spot on. Will we see any proof? HELL NO because you're all mouth.

Last edited by cj8718; 08-18-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
Really? I've yet to see any documented test showing that.

Please post the links proving what you're "pretty sure" of.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

You need to leave this ******* site dumbass, stock ls1 cars do 175. And if you want to talk about how slow my car is why dont you bring your cobra down and run me? 121 trap speed and 586whp is pitiful, also i dont know where you got your facts or what makes you think a z06 cant do 200 but i believe there are plenty of members who own z06s and can vouch for it. Btw from your statement i have the same aero as a Z06 and make 100 or so more hp, so how the hell would my car only do 175? Im tired of arguing with you, youve only been here for a few days and have already shown yourself to be an idiot. Take your stupid *** magazine racing skills to a ford forum before this thread gets ugly. And guess what, NOBODY wil take your side.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

And btw please post your links stating that my car has a cd of .34 and 24sq ft fr ontal area.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=04Terminator]Well said. Around some parts of the U.S. a nice, lifted 4x4 will drop more panties than a sports car. Ask me how I know.

If your a fucken hick, and shes your sister areas...
Old 08-18-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

You need to leave this ******* site dumbass, stock ls1 cars do 175. And if you want to talk about how slow my car is why dont you bring your cobra down and run me? 121 trap speed and 586whp is pitiful, also i dont know where you got your facts or what makes you think a z06 cant do 200 but i believe there are plenty of members who own z06s and can vouch for it. Btw from your statement i have the same aero as a Z06 and make 100 or so more hp, so how the hell would my car only do 175? Im tired of arguing with you, youve only been here for a few days and have already shown yourself to be an idiot. Take your stupid *** magazine racing skills to a ford forum before this thread gets ugly. And guess what, NOBODY wil take your side.

Were the **** are you getting those numbers from
Old 08-18-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Really? I've yet to see any documented test showing that.

Please post the links proving what you're "pretty sure" of.
here.in this video the car hits 180+ in 5th gear.i find it hard to believe it couldnt hit 200mph.its at about 155 at the end of 4th...

http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia...ette_z06_video

you have to watch the lancer commercial first...