Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gas vs Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Look at this also- http://www.car-videos.com/tools/spee...B1=Recalculate
These numbers are pretty accurate, Ive tested them with other cars pacing me and gps.
6th gear is nothing more than overdrive, there's no power in it at upper speeds. Normally, when you shift to 6th, you start slowing down.

Here's allngn_c5 doing 190mph in 5th gear. He's got suspension work done, etc.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=190mph

Last edited by wickedwarlock; 08-24-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Alright dumbasses her you go. http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-21.html
Check this out too. http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...aro/index.html
Hows that for proving my claim? And BTW my car makes 600+ on spray and I have a T-56 with 3.42 gears so theoretically I can do around 250mph with enough power, so no I do not run out of gear and yes my car is capable of 200mph. **** all of you for your blatant ignorance and stupidity, Im out on that note. Peace.
Hey Pinhead... from the article:

Once you get to that 168 mph plateau, you will have to work on the “Aerodynamics and Chassis” to creep up on the 200+ mph you demand. Air Dams, belly pans, rear wings that are Adjustable, Make a note here, Adjustable, but lockable. and major chassis modifications are required to create a stable racecar that is capable of reaching that seemingly unattainable 200+ mph. A High-Speed Chassis consultant (i.e. “ME” or one of several others should be contacted to avoid unneeded expenses.

Unless your sled's pic is old and/or you've got a bunch of unlisted mods, you FAIL miserably (again).

Did you even READ the article? Having mommy read it to you doesn't count...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

The pic is old and he said 475hp should do it with aero mods, so 600ish can probably push through the air with just lowering. Btw I never said it was safe or 100% do-able, I have been 190ish a few times and it is very scary.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm waitin for it..
Old 08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a fun thread
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Old 08-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Teching In

you can't spray for that long you will lose a motor
Old 08-25-2007, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryanvv355
This is a fun thread
There it is..

How are you goin to call for a lock when you are bull shittin and trashin us..
Old 08-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the_merv
There it is..

How are you goin to call for a lock when you are bull shittin and trashin us..
Ive already proved my point and I dont feel like arguing with idiots anymore. Btw I didnt start this, I merely told someone that my 600+hp, 6-speed driven, sleek bodied car could do CLOSE to 200 and then a bunch of idiots proceeded to argue with me. So far the main arguments Ive seen are based on my cars appearance and its age, because we all know if your car is old and viewed as ugly to some then it cant be fast or aerodynamic. This section is reserved for kill stories and street racing and this thread is neither, so please lock it up Unit.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

because we all know if your car is old and viewed as ugly to some then it cant be fast or aerodynamic.
The point was is that it's not as aerodynamic as you think..compared to the newer stuff, it's pretty much a brick on wheels..then you have to factor in Suspension as well.
Designs as well as Technology inprove with time..not talking about it being old to where it's won't go, it's the fact that it's outdated ideas and it would need alot of work compared to the new stuff.

Yes you have the power to achive that in theory, but in real life situation, it's not happenin..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the_merv
The point was is that it's not as aerodynamic as you think..compared to the newer stuff, it's pretty much a brick on wheels..then you have to factor in Suspension as well.
Designs as well as Technology inprove with time..not talking about it being old to where it's won't go, it's the fact that it's outdated ideas and it would need alot of work compared to the new stuff.

Yes you have the power to achive that in theory, but in real life situation, it's not happenin..
What makes you think its a brick on wheels? 3rd gens are clearly more aerodynamic than 4th gens, they have lower drag coefficients and smaller frontal areas. Every 4th gen that has been even with me on the low end has gotten pulled by me past 100, and i have raced a ****-load of 4th gens. GM was desperately searching for gas mileage and performance in the 80s and they couldnt do it with their motors so they put alot of R&D into aerodynamics and weight reduction to achieve these things. Dont think because it is old it is designed poorly, after all 3rd gens were the first American cars designed with windtunnel testing involved.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

Jake and I have seen a Reg Cab slicks Cummings run 10's. Oh, and it's Red so that makes it faster too. Another Cummings (4) door 4 x 4 with Nitrous bottle in the box runs low 12's high 11's.

Our experience is many Chevrolet GMC smokers can run low 14's high 13's and also get 20 mpg. Smokers don't suck, only people!!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Teching In

The pic is old and he said 475hp should do it with aero mods, so 600ish can probably push through the air with just lowering. Btw I never said it was safe or 100% do-able, I have been 190ish a few times and it is very scary.
Once again, I don't dislike your car and I'll bet that's the consensus. I just don't like your attitude. You spout off like an you're an expert about **** where you should sit back and learn (diesels).

Also again, you're using that "ish" thing when discussing speed. What is 190-ish? If you went 183 than say that but quit with the exaggerations.

None of us believes you can do 200-ish (whatever that really is) and since you can't prove it we're done. On a side note, we're glad you don't try because as much as I don't like you based on your forum responses I don't want to see you grease yourself trying to prove the un-proveable.

Lastly, since you want kills I'll provide them:

I just got home from a trip to California (3600 miles total). Among other things I had my transmission upgraded to handle the power my truck makes. On the way home several vehicles tried me out including a few gassers. Although I didn't get to run any f-bodies a few GM products as well as Ford and Dodge diesels got surprised by my stock-looking Duramax on at-speed duels. The kills included:

Dodge Cummins (modded)
Ford 6.0 Powerstroke (modded)
Ford Twin-Turbo Diesel (can't mod these yet)
Chrysler 300C (not SRT-8)
Cobalt SS
Silverado Gasser
Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 AM
11 Second Club

What makes you think its a brick on wheels? 3rd gens are clearly more aerodynamic than 4th gens, they have lower drag coefficients and smaller frontal areas. Every 4th gen that has been even with me on the low end has gotten pulled by me past 100, and i have raced a ****-load of 4th gens.
So you are telling me that your front end, that looks pretty flat to me, has less surface area than the front of my LT1 Body Style..

Last time I checked..mine kinda looks like a wedge from the side..not a large flat area..
I could be mistaken though..that's just how I see it..I only look at it every day..
Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Teching In

damn, you guys argue like a bunch of 7th grade girls lol.

I drive a diesel, its a ford f250 cc 4x4. Cant remember how i found this site, or why for that matter but i get bored and come over to read now and then. I have 1 legit F-body kill. Not sure of the year, but it was a 6spd ram air with at least exhaust. I was cruising home from a dyno tuning session in my truck with my gf, brother and his gf when an F bod comes flying up and slams on his brakes. It was dark out, i think he noticed my gauges on the pillar and wanted an "easy" kill. Little did he know that he ran into a very nasty diesel. It had just got done putting down 600 rwhp and flat lined the dyno out at 1200 tq (on diesel only, no drugs). Anyway he started jacking with me reving his engine and what no so i goosed the throttle a couple times to let him know im game. We went from a 70 mph roll, he jumped 2-3 car lengths immediately..... then the turbo lit and it was on like donkey kong. I made the distance up quickly, put a few lengths on him and shut it down @ 120 or so. Apparently he was quite upset because he started jacking with me again. We ended up going 2 more times with the same results as the first race. After the last race he jumped across the median and headed back in the other direction.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Sounds stock with an SCT or equiv. tune....
More likely he was bone stock and running his mouth. A lot of the diesel nimwhits do that for some reason. But it is definately not an SCT (super chips tune). If he had a SCT tune with the "Looney" he'd be running high 13s and cutting 1.7-1.8 60's and blowing an inky *** cloud the whole length of the track..... Even the milder economy tunes would have a 6.0 turning in mid 15s.

My F250 CC shortbox is 7980lbs. Intercooler chiller is about done, next up is SCT Livewire, after that thinkin h2o/meth.....

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-27-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 AM
11 Second Club

I second that, some retards are bound to start chiming in about how fast they can be with this mod or that mod but who cares. A guy down the road has a 10sec pinto and there are vans that do wheelstands so anything can be made fast but that doesnt make it cool.

Someone is all butt hurt! LMAO!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

This thread never ends.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cj8718
Once again, I don't dislike your car and I'll bet that's the consensus. I just don't like your attitude. You spout off like an you're an expert about **** where you should sit back and learn.
Truist words I have heard aboot the cap'N.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Aye..