Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
anybody got a pic of the rear of one of those new GT500s? so that we can ask if thats what the OP saw?

none of the painted part of the bumper is cut out. You can't see the black part of the bumper from a distance so I can see how you would have thought it would have been a 6'er.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i guess thats kinda true..but shouldnt he still be able to make out the dual exhaust tips? i look for cutouts in the bumper first..then i count tips... sometimes ill see 6ers with two tips slanted ou the back bumper..looks kinda funny..lol. for some reason i thought the gt500s had side exhaust like the roushe. ALSO the big chrome SHELBY letters kinda give it away to..lol
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Launching!

ALSO the big chrome SHELBY letters kinda give it away to..lol
I was thinking the same thing myself... at least a HINT that your looking at the business end of Shelby Mustang.

Nice kill to the op!!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Ford needs to put some of these bolt-ons on next year GT500 if they want to hang with the new vette pushing 430+hp w/ exhaust option, + the vettes about 500lbs lighter.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess I just pay too much attention to cars to not notice.?.?. The tips are in the blacked out part of the rear, but if i see a car infront that would be fun to tangle with....I pay attention.

BTW - that rearend pic is pre-release/production. The rear is a tad different. SHELBY isn't spelled out so large. but a gt500 isn't unmistakable to another stang. Maybe he discredited it once he thought it was a sixer?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GG01SS
Ford needs to put some of these bolt-ons on next year GT500 if they want to hang with the new vette pushing 430+hp w/ exhaust option, + the vettes about 500lbs lighter.
lol KR? super snake?

not to mention they are completely different cars, not intended to compete in the same market, some people just never figure that out do they
Old 09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
lol KR? super snake?

LOL. How bout King Cobra?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody got a pic of the rear of one of those new GT500s? so that we can ask if thats what the OP saw?

i still havnt raced on of these..but i would assume they are a pretty good challenge for the power they are suppose to put down.
With 394 rwhp you would fair well against a stock one, probably beat it IMO. Night and day though once modded. They really made it difficult though to swap pullies on these things. The cobras are pretty easy, but the gt500's are a pain in the ***. Took the shop quite a while to get it set up but man what a difference a smaller pulley, cai and full exhaust make on those things!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

its still a mustang. 500hp on a v8 isnt real hard to hit with a forged motor and forced induction. you can put a blower on a vette or fbody and if you had one with forced induction and did a few extra mods,im sure it would "wake up" as well. power to weight ratio sucks and it takes a blower to make its power so its not anything special.you want to compare it to another big dog? the zo6 weighs 31xx lbs and makes 500 NATURALLY aspirated hp. i wonder if it would "wake up" with a blower ? as for sales figures,ever heard of supply & demand ? i believe it goes something along the lines of ; low supply high demand...sure theres more stangs around but who wants to look at the SAME CAR they drive sitting across from them at every light in town ?!

id say its a good kill. thats what its all about,taking a car and making it faster than something it wouldnt normally be able to tangle with. keep it up

i can see that shelby owner now, sitting in front of his computer, trying to find the best headers to buy...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
its still a mustang. 500hp on a v8 isnt real hard to hit with a forged motor and forced induction. you can put a blower on a vette or fbody and if you had one with forced induction and did a few extra mods,im sure it would "wake up" as well. power to weight ratio sucks and it takes a blower to make its power so its not anything special.you want to compare it to another big dog? the zo6 weighs 31xx lbs and makes 500 NATURALLY aspirated hp. i wonder if it would "wake up" with a blower ? as for sales figures,ever heard of supply & demand ? i believe it goes something along the lines of ; low supply high demand...sure theres more stangs around but who wants to look at the SAME CAR they drive sitting across from them at every light in town ?!

id say its a good kill. thats what its all about,taking a car and making it faster than something it wouldnt normally be able to tangle with. keep it up

i can see that shelby owner now, sitting in front of his computer, trying to find the best headers to buy...
are you retarded?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:37 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA

Power is power... no matter how it's made
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
BTW - that rearend pic is pre-release/production. The rear is a tad different. SHELBY isn't spelled out so large. but a gt500 isn't unmistakable to another stang. Maybe he discredited it once he thought it was a sixer?
I just find it odd that he thought it was a V6 whereas his fiance' was the one who pointed ot that it was a GT500.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good kill... you must be making some good power to push a GT500 around like that
Yes he was, car trapped 133+ last time. I've heard he's changed some things around again. He was pondering dumping the nitrous dual stage and going to a turbo. Maybe he will chim in.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG

I didn't know reverse lights could be "blinked"......

Granted, I don't know about the ford's, but I could do it on my old jap truck, rofl. It's a manual of course and no reverse lockout when the clutch was engaged.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Man a GT500 loses and all the Ford boys get butthurt, Unit excluded of course. A car trapping 133 mph would *** rape a GT500.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA

none of the painted part of the bumper is cut out. You can't see the black part of the bumper from a distance so I can see how you would have thought it would have been a 6'er.
Thank you I knew there was no bumper cuts. It was getting dark and from where I was at the first thing i could look for was the bumper cuts. My passanger was the one who caught the shelby as we got closer.

The nieghbor moved

Yes he blinked hislil square reverse light twice then nailed it again.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Man a GT500 loses and all the Ford boys get butthurt, Unit excluded of course. A car trapping 133 mph would *** rape a STOCK GT500.
Fixed it for ya.
Butthurt? Naw. If you can't take a stock GT500, you got nothing to brag on anyway.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
If you can't take a stock GT500
If I had 70K, I could take one home
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

for that price i would be driving a zo6..lol..

but id rather keep modding my car.
i still dont really like that new gt500.. id rather have a black or sonic blue 03 cobra.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

I'd love to have one, but no way I'm paying the crook dealers "market addendum" bullshit price. I've got plenty other things to do with 70K.