Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not even gunna reply to this anymore.. this can go on forever..

fact is i dont like mustangs. and this is a GM forum. but you guys are here, and like mustangs. so thats your buisness. in my eyes we have the better cars, regardless of the cost. and thats my opinion. Do what you want with yours. I could care less. we all dump money in our cars. and always run across somebody faster. i simply choose to drive a chevy no matter what
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does my post always start arguments?
Freak it! he could have been modded or not? Nothing to serious anyway basic bolt ons, it's possible. I would hope not though, I beat him down like a rented mule in third gear with an auto.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
Why does my post always start arguments?
Freak it! he could have been modded or not? Nothing to serious anyway basic bolt ons, it's possible. I would hope not though, I beat him down like a rented mule in third gear with a nicely modified/stalled auto.
Fixed. LOL

I didn't mean to start anything....I seriously was just wanting to clarify.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Nice.............
Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
im not even gunna reply to this anymore.. this can go on forever..

fact is i dont like mustangs. and this is a GM forum. but you guys are here, and like mustangs. so thats your buisness. in my eyes we have the better cars, regardless of the cost. and thats my opinion. Do what you want with yours. I could care less. we all dump money in our cars. and always run across somebody faster. i simply choose to drive a chevy no matter what
You're right...I own stangs....I prefer stangs, but I also respect all domestic muscle. I am here to learn what I can because of that. I am also here to teach those that want to learn, and sometimes correct the arrogantly ignorant. I am always willing to pass on what I know to anyone that wants to hear.

I also hate the 'this is a gm site, you stang guys shouldnt' even be here' for the other reason (in addition to what I stated aboce) of...what is the domain name?....so, by that mentality, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or LT1 owners should be here..unless they have an LS in it....and the LS2's..oh no, it is ls1tech......my point, you are pointing out, yet another, bad point.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You're right...I own stangs....I prefer stangs, but I also respect all domestic muscle. I am here to learn what I can because of that. I am also here to teach those that want to learn, and sometimes correct the arrogantly ignorant. I am always willing to pass on what I know to anyone that wants to hear.

I also hate the 'this is a gm site, you stang guys shouldnt' even be here' for the other reason (in addition to what I stated aboce) of...what is the domain name?....so, by that mentality, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or LT1 owners should be here..unless they have an LS in it....and the LS2's..oh no, it is ls1tech......my point, you are pointing out, yet another, bad point.

why do you think i said GM site? not LS1?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
Butthurt isnt even close for some of these folks,,,
Nice kill!
you're not kidding! i can just see the pink box of kleenex next to their keyboards now...

all i did was make a perfectly valid statement and i get called names for it-haha

the power to weight ratio sucks. i dont see how someone could disagree...
500hp boosted ? with money most boosted v8 engine combos are capable of that. now the OP has taken a car that started out with 350hp give or take and turned it into something that can kill fords top of the line mustang.thats something.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
why do you think i said GM site? not LS1?
Why do you think my response was 'technical'?

you are trying to comment on a technicality of stang owners not being here....I replied with another technicality of it isn't a 'gm site'.....do you see how it goes?.....next time come prepared if you are going to be such a tight wad.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do you think my response was 'technical'?

you are trying to comment on a technicality of stang owners not being here....I replied with another technicality of it isn't a 'gm site'.....do you see how it goes?.....next time come prepared if you are going to be such a tight wad.
this is just gunna go back and forth. im done talkin to your technical ***
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
you're not kidding! i can just see the pink box of kleenex next to their keyboards now...

all i did was make a perfectly valid statement and i get called names for it-haha

500hp boosted ? with money most boosted v8 engine combos are capable of that. now the OP has taken a car that started out with 350hp give or take and turned it into something that can kill fords top of the line mustang.thats something.
Your right but,
This car is second to the top, I waxed the 550 horse S281E last weekend. But I guess LS1 aren't allowed to mod to the nonLSX crowd
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Yeah in terms of out the box preformance for the GT 500 they were kind of disappointing to me. I thought it was going to be something comparable to the C6Z06 when I heard the new Snake was going to have 500hp. For the guys who keep the GT500 stock (cause there will be some) when they race some modded F-bods I'm sure they will say . Then again they might just start moddin em.

BTW Mustang guys what was the name of that Mustang they compared with the 03 Z06 in the Popular Science Magazine article a few years back (like 4 years ago)? It had the shorty exhuast in front of the rear wheels, and had the 5.4 L Navigator stuffed under the hood? How the performance level was on par with the Z06 then was how I imagined the new Cobra would have been.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 93transam
Yeah in terms of out the box preformance for the GT 500 they were kind of disappointing to me. I thought it was going to be something comparable to the C6Z06 when I heard the new Snake was going to have 500hp. For the guys who keep the GT500 stock (cause there will be some) when they race some modded F-bods I'm sure they will say . Then again they might just start moddin em.

BTW Mustang guys what was the name of that Mustang they compared with the 03 Z06 in the Popular Science Magazine article a few years back (like 4 years ago)? It had the shorty exhuast in front of the rear wheels, and had the 5.4 L Navigator stuffed under the hood? How the performance level was on par with the Z06 then was how I imagined the new Cobra would have been.
That was the 2000 Cobra R.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA

And you are making the retarded argument.....well, ford needs an S/C..yadda yadda. I do agree with your last sentence though.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never expected the gt500 to be on par with the vette...I knew there was no way Ford would come out with some like that. Gm simply kicked *** with that car. NO doubt about it. Ford did a good thing with ploppin' that blower on top of a 5.4L, but that was about it.....almost 2 tons...are you freakin' serious?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That was the 2000 Cobra R.
2000 huh? Must have been a comparo with the 2001 Z06 then if it's that old. Either way that was one badass Snake.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Launching!

I never expected the gt500 to be on par with the vette...I knew there was no way Ford would come out with some like that. Gm simply kicked *** with that car. NO doubt about it. Ford did a good thing with ploppin' that blower on top of a 5.4L, but that was about it.....almost 2 tons...are you freakin' serious?
Yeah and I'm sure Ford won't make a stripped/lighter version cause those fokkers are sellin... if it ain't broke don't fix it, but you can always improve.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im torn. this thread is pure comedy, but at the same time the severe retardation makes me want to bang my head against the wall.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You mean you don't try to throw your car in reverse going down the interstate? Come on man! Everyone's doing it!
LMFAO
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill OP
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm curious, why did he flash the reverse lights? Just an accident?

Good kill, btw