Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiled a shelby GT 500 last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
you're not kidding! i can just see the pink box of kleenex next to their keyboards now...

all i did was make a perfectly valid statement and i get called names for it-haha

the power to weight ratio sucks. i dont see how someone could disagree...
500hp boosted ? with money most boosted v8 engine combos are capable of that. now the OP has taken a car that started out with 350hp give or take and turned it into something that can kill fords top of the line mustang.thats something.

You mean comparing a stock car to a modded one? Yea, i guess you do, which as the others posts, makes no sense....
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I think they are alot like the terminators. Not the greatest or quickest out of the box....but toss a few bolt ons on..and watch the f.uck out.

And I am still wondering what car the OP killed...if it didnt' have cutouts, is he sure it was a real GT500. They have so much aftermarket crap out now....in fact, I just saw a sixer with a side tipped exhaust...stuck out past the tires/rims. Quite ricey actually.
We got a guy in my city selling a real nice 2000 mustang GT, except for when u look at the back, he's got dual exhaust tips that point upward.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

That was a good beatdown for that GT500, the driver probably got hurt emotionally n psychologically, lol.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow didnt expect this thread to turn into a Ford vs GM debate, who woulda thunk it!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Wow didnt expect this thread to turn into a Ford vs GM debate, who woulda thunk it!
It always amazes me how people can be so brand-loyal... true "car guys" should be able to appreciate a car for what it is and what it does, no matter how it does it. I know there will always be preferences, but they should never blind you.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It always amazes me how people can be so brand-loyal... true "car guys" should be able to appreciate a car for what it is and what it does, no matter how it does it. I know there will always be preferences, but they should never blind you.
Exactly, I loved my z28 but if I could get a 03-04 cobra, mach, or a shelby gt500 here locally for a good deal id be all over. I like the gt's too (99-present, both body styles), just see way too many of them around here, great cars though IMO. Hell I said id never own an import and now I have two (g35x and x-type (although not really an import since its made by ford lol)) as they just fit my needs better than an f-body/vette/stang would right now. I def need to get into another rwd v8 powered muscle/sports car soon though as its killing me not having a fast v8 powered car with deafening exhaust to cruise in on weekends!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
im sure if you took the blower off the gt 500 and added an extra 100 cubic inches it would be just fine as well. power is power. thats a weak statement. and fwiw no mustang was ever ment to compete with a vette. STICKER PRICE for a gt500 is 42k. granted its hard to get one at that price but a c6 z06 sticker is much higher. your comparing apples to oranges. no to hate on the vette tho the new c6 z06 is like sex on wheels
You know what was competing with the vette in the beginning of their time? {in the 50's} The thunderbird. And the base vette is cheaper than a GT 500, with less horsepower n will smoke that so called specialty mustang.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by IZRED
We got a guy in my city selling a real nice 2000 mustang GT, except for when u look at the back, he's got dual exhaust tips that point upward.
well, either it's not a real GT or it is an aftermarket kit/exhaust. Either way, that example doesn't really apply here.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know what was competing with the vette in the beginning of their time? {in the 50's} The thunderbird. And the base vette is cheaper than a GT 500, with less horsepower n will smoke that so called specialty mustang.
Yep...back then the T-bird had more ***** though.....funny thing is...they outsold the vette a few years too.

A base C6 is less than $42k?....??...
Old 09-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
excellent post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Yep...back then the T-bird had more ***** though.....funny thing is...they outsold the vette a few years too.

A base C6 is less than $42k?....??...
A shelby GT500 sells for less than $42K, where I have multiple people looking for one without the dealer "adjustment".
Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Burn Em... Great kill man!!! I know that you probably don't remember who I am but, I was sitting next to you at autofair. I am in TriadFbody, and had the only white SS in the group. Mike said your car is bad as hell, next time we meet up take me for a ride bro. Oh yeah man... your Lic. plate is awesome.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
A shelby GT500 sells for less than $42K, where I have multiple people looking for one without the dealer "adjustment".
Dealer mark up varies all over the country. Also, this is manuf. car vs. manuf. car, it has nothing to with dealers. If we are going to compare cars, I think comparing them as the two manufacturers intended is the best way.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

once again, the gt500 and the vette arent meant to compete with each other. apples to oranges, stop this retarded comparison.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
once again, the gt500 and the vette arent meant to compete with each other. apples to oranges, stop this retarded comparison.
RE-Tard...RE-Tard......

Sorry, I just had too.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Dealer mark up varies all over the country. Also, this is manuf. car vs. manuf. car, it has nothing to with dealers. If we are going to compare cars, I think comparing them as the two manufacturers intended is the best way.
I understand your reasoning but suggested retail values dont matter, they are just what the car "should" be sold for, but if you cant buy the car for that price then you cant say its a $42K car. My buddy bought his for $62K (couldnt believe he paid that much) as he was on a waiting list and prices for the car were comparable across the area (massachusetts). Market value is what matters.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
The nieghbor moved
Damn, too bad, he seemed to be cool after you put him in his place, not once but twice.

I guess maybe he did feel insulted, rofl. That's too bad, ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Is the new neighbor cool at least?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Mustang in no way shape or form has never been competition for the Corvette. Arguably the 911 has always been more competition than the Mustang. There two completely different classes of cars. I work for Ford and I would rather have an LS3 Corvette than even paying $5,000 over sticker for the one sitting on my showroom. The only reason I would consider one is because I have a kid now and the Vette doesn't have a back seat.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And I can buy a Z06 or 08 LS3 Corvette for the MSRP all day long. I can't even buy the GT500 sitting on my showroom for $10k over!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree about stang competing with vette. But, as a stang guy, I actually take it as an honor that stangs do get compared.

And I have said it a million times...location plays a HUGE part is dealer mark up. Case in point....you can't get a gt500 OR a C6ZO6 for MSRP around here...BOTH are marked up. But, this is CA.