Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 GT Killed modded M6 LS1.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 GT Killed modded M6 LS1.....

on the way home from beech bend theres a silver newer T/A WS6 that pulls up and starts revving. He was trying to race a bmw then he tried to race me. We slowed to 60 and I downshifted to third. We took off exactly the same time and all I know is it was loud until I pulled away from him. Top of third I looked back and he was still trying to run so I shifted to 4th and by the top of 4th I just hit the brakes and he looked to be a good ways back there.....Im surprised he hung that well though considering....most ls1s arent that quick.....it looked good though and sounded good.....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

most ls1's are quicker than most 4.6 Gt's unless the ls1 is stock and the 4.6 has a lot of mods...you're not racing the right people...hey, atleast you won though.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Teching In

when my gt was stock it held right next to a buddys firebird and it had LS1....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
most ls1's are quicker than most 4.6 Gt's unless the ls1 is stock and the 4.6 has a lot of mods...
OMG really?

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
you're not racing the right people...hey, atleast you won though.
Ya atleast you won.... sob

________

(joking)

Speed, the guy has Vortech Edge GT with N20, he is more then capable of beating LS1's.
Good kill, how much PSI is the S/C?

Originally Posted by KATFISHKILR
Youre on youre own on this one^
Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont mean to be a dick, but I have yet to see those gen Mustang GT come anywhere near to hanging with a stock ls1. Every race I've had against them has been nowhere near close. It's not even funny from stock to my minor bolt-on's, it's never been a close race. I dont even attempt to race them anymore because it's pointless usually.

just my .02.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Troll much??? Mid low 13's stock is "not that fast"? what did your GT run stock. Low 14's?

But anyway the race is not about stock cars, so way to go on the kill, may you have many more in your future.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the way home from beech bend theres a silver newer T/A WS6 that pulls up and starts revving. He was trying to race a bmw then he tried to race me. We slowed to 60 and I downshifted to third. We took off exactly the same time and all I know is it was loud until I pulled away from him. Top of third I looked back and he was still trying to run so I shifted to 4th and by the top of 4th I just hit the brakes and he looked to be a good ways back there.....Im surprised he hung that well though considering....most ls1s arent that quick.....it looked good though and sounded good.....
hahahah Wow if most Ls1 arent that quick than you would need a sun dial to clock your quarter mile when your car was stock. hahaha that made my day. I do like the subtle insults though, you can use them later on to say you "didn't mean anything by it". Mustang guys or any other car guys start **** here and they get flamed. But if your cool, you will spend more time on here than any stang forum. So if your going to **** where you eventually will eat...well do it outside will ya.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
hahahah Wow if most Ls1 arent that quick than you would need a sun dial to clock your quarter mile when your car was stock. hahaha that made my day. I do like the subtle insults though, you can use them later on to say you "didn't mean anything by it". Mustang guys or any other car guys start **** here and they get flamed. But if your cool, you will spend more time on here than any stang forum. So if your going to **** where you eventually will eat...well do it outside will ya.
what are you talking about?? Where have all these assumptions come from? You think my car is slow because its a mustang gt and not a cobra?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

the normal ls1/driver vs mustang gt driver stock for stock is gonna be heartbreaking for the gt owner. however i will say theres an ls1 a4 formula that i know of that runs 13.9s with mickey thompson d/r which is in reach for stock gt. in reach being the key word. but that formula was also hit by a school bus at one point during its life.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
but that formula was also hit by a school bus at one point during its life.
LOL! Drives a little crooked?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they are just saying you sound like a troll because you have no posts, and pretty much you started with how slow you think these cars are.

And then you mentioned that your stock '03 gt ran even with an ls1 firebird.

I think many people and myself will not agree with you here. Of course if this ls1 car was in horrible running condition and (or) had a bad driver then sure. But I'm assuming you mean a properly running ls1 firebird. The reason I disagree with you is there is quite a substantial hp and avg. et difference between both of these cars from the factory, do they not? Am i missing something or will someone else back me up on this one.

good run, and nice kill.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Launching!

what are you talking about?? Where have all these assumptions come from? You think my car is slow because its a mustang gt and not a cobra?
he said stock dude, your not stock anymore are ya. Stock for stock most ls1's will put a big hurting on a 99-04 Mustang GT. Its the truth, like it or not. But when you come on an LS1 website saying most LS1's "aren't that quick" you come across as a troll who is just trying to start ****, especially with the name KATFISHKILR. Your car might be fast, I have no idea and I don't really care, but know where you came from.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Teching In

oh well it wasnt completely stock at the time... it had K&N FIPK, offroad x-pipe, and flowmaster cat back. This was a 40-100 race. Im pretty sure I was slightly pulling on him by 100... from a dig he beat me. But we raced one time before I sprayed a 75 shot on it and put busses on him.....I was running 9.0 with a 2.1 60ft in the 1/8th at the time on motor, and 8.4 with 2.1 60ft on 100 shot....
Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Trunion King

Im surprised he hung that well though considering....most ls1s arent that quick.....it looked good though and sounded good.....
That's a good one.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

oh well it wasnt completely stock at the time... it had K&N FIPK, offroad x-pipe, and flowmaster cat back. This was a 40-100 race. Im pretty sure I was slightly pulling on him by 100.......
Pretty sure eh? Without the spray? With what, 245 rwhp? Then a 75 shot put busses on him? Wow.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Trunion King

I was running 9.0 with a 2.1 60ft in the 1/8th at the time on motor, and 8.4 with 2.1 60ft on 100 shot....
So with all those mods and 100 shot, you still can't break to low 8s- high 7s? Let me guess, you "should" be there or lower ETs w/ Vortech and NX dose. Wow. Two POWER ADDERS on your car and mild bolt on SLOW LS1 HUNG w/ you.:
Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bene
So with all those mods and 100 shot, you still can't break to low 8s- high 7s? Let me guess, you "should" be there or lower ETs w/ Vortech and NX dose. Wow. Two POWER ADDERS on your car and mild bolt on SLOW LS1 HUNG w/ you.:
that was waay back when i was on stock motor and nitrous...... and he didnt hang once the spray hit...
Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

oh well it wasnt completely stock at the time... it had K&N FIPK, offroad x-pipe, and flowmaster cat back. This was a 40-100 race. Im pretty sure I was slightly pulling on him by 100... from a dig he beat me. But we raced one time before I sprayed a 75 shot on it and put busses on him.....I was running 9.0 with a 2.1 60ft in the 1/8th at the time on motor, and 8.4 with 2.1 60ft on 100 shot....

i'm confused. I consider my car to be fairly slow compared to other ls1 f-bodies with the same mods i have, and I run 8.3s in the 1/8. I have full exhaust, and a broken lid, without a tune. the car runs horrible. probably runs as good as a stock one does or close to it. If your gt ran 8.4s on a 100 shot of nitrous, I really don't understand how you pulled one on the top end with a 250-260rwhp car without the nitrous with a mid pipe, catback, and air filter. a stock ls1 should make 40-55 more hp than that.

This thread makes little to no sense.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Trunion King

that was waay back when i was on stock motor and nitrous...... and he didnt hang once the spray hit...
Why don't you edit your kill story then. The real story is your motor blew up w/ the 100 shot consequently the nitrous killed you.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, LOL! troll alert!!