Yeah, 330 is normal too*

*On a dyno jet
*At sea level or with a big correction factor
*With a lid
*On a cold day
*With a factory freak
*01-02 model years
*On an M6

Some cars do make 330WHP more or less stock. No doubt about it. But it's not normal. Its not "common".

310 might be "common" 300 or so definitely is.

Edit:
Which means that *GASP* the LS1s in the F-bodies were more less exactly as powerful as the LS1s in the Vettes which were fairly honestly rated at 345HP as opposed to their official Camaro rating of 305HP. Go figure. I dont give a rats *** what some dyno tuner tells you, between 300 and 400WHP, your looking at 40-50 HP driveline loss. No more. Beyond that you're in Supra owner BS land.
I would have to agree with you but you did list alot of exceptions, so i have to say there was no need to correct my post. The guy was saying 330 has never happened and 109+ hasnt happened either, he was clearly proven wrong.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting. So were they corrected dyno numbers? I'm not questioning they were underrated, that's obvious. I question the dyno results and claims of stock 110,111mph trap speeds.

Interesting how they were "stock" when there is only three lighter C5s with 111mph trap speeds listed: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1656553

So what do C5 Z-06s dyno? Something increased the best trap speeds by 7mph...

All the LS-1 GTOs are 105mph and slower except for one questionable 107mph:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106613

Last edited by Deuuuce; 10-16-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ A C5 ZO6 is a completely different car from an F-body and a GTO is a completely different car as well. And for the record even though I'm bench racing, I can wax your SRT-8 as well But the claims that the F-bods were underrated are true along with most "performance cars" on the market. I'm not sure about the bone stock trap speeds and elapsed times in the 1/4 mile. And to the OP sorry for the Lexus dude being a jackass, you should find him again when you've got a stall and some LT's and show him a little somethin.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
ya stock, which doesnt mean **** most of the time. you have no idea what was done to the lexus, who are you to judge that it "shouldnt have happened?" hell it coulda been stock, and 8 speed w/ similair power and better gearing would probably take down an a4 w/ 273s. i dont want to argue, its just your ignorance is amazing when it comes to any car that isnt a camaro.
What mods could an ls460 have to beat a bolt on ls1? That 380 hp is rated at the flywheel, so assume with drivetrain loss we are looking at 330+ rwhp on a heavy car (almost 4300 pounds from their website). To walk an ls1 like that, regardless of gearing, you going to need close to 400 rwhp, and most people arent going to mod the **** out of a LS460. To the original poster, did you hear any turbo or SC noises (Whistle, Whining, BOV, etc?). Not saying it cant happen or that the ls460 wasnt modded because we dont know, but it would have to have a good amount of work done to it to beat his TA.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Nice insults. How old are you? Actually I've beat every LS-1 I've raced so far on the street and continue to be a big fan of them.
Wow you must be running into all of the remaining stock ls1 fbodies on the planet!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
What mods could an ls460 have to beat a bolt on ls1? That 380 hp is rated at the flywheel, so assume with drivetrain loss we are looking at 330+ rwhp on a heavy car (almost 4300 pounds from their website). To walk an ls1 like that, regardless of gearing, you going to need close to 400 rwhp, and most people arent going to mod the **** out of a LS460. To the original poster, did you hear any turbo or SC noises (Whistle, Whining, BOV, etc?). Not saying it cant happen or that the ls460 wasnt modded because we dont know, but it would have to have a good amount of work done to it to beat his TA.
Unlike f-bodies, there are virtually NO modded LS460s. With the 8spd automatic, from a roll and a 103-105mph trap speed, what happened is very believable.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Staging Lane

Wow you must be running into all of the remaining stock ls1 fbodies on the planet!
Opportunities to line-up against a modded one (at least visually confirmed with exhaust) are few and far between here in Silicon Valley. I admit to losing once but I fell asleep at the light and, oddly, he refused to run me again. There was another with a cutout I ran as well.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Unlike f-bodies, there are virtually NO modded LS460s. With the 8spd automatic, from a roll and a 103-105mph trap speed, what happened is very believable.
Exactly, but even with an 8 speed automatic and a 103-105 mph trap speed a bone stock f-body can consistently hit 105+ mph trap speeds, and the guy who raced him isnt stock so to get walked by a stock ls460 isnt happeneing.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Opportunities to line-up against a modded one (at least visually confirmed with exhaust) are few and far between here in Silicon Valley. I admit to losing once but I fell asleep at the light and, oddly, he refused to run me again. There was another with a cutout I ran as well.
Haha im busting your ***** man, and I have driven an srt-8 charger and srt-8 300C and I know they can move out quickly. I love the charger srt-8's though. I would love to have a black on black, with dark tinted windows and black wheels with a polished lip.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Exactly, but even with an 8 speed automatic and a 103-105 mph trap speed a bone stock f-body can consistently hit 105+ mph trap speeds, and the guy who raced him isnt stock so to get walked by a stock ls460 isnt happeneing.
If he gets a run on him at WOT, and the OP's tranny had to downshift and ended up being down low in the powerband, it could happen.

So the Lexus wasn't modded, that's obvious, what's wrong w/ the OPs car?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

If he gets a run on him at WOT, and the OP's tranny had to downshift and ended up being down low in the powerband, it could happen.

So the Lexus wasn't modded, that's obvious, what's wrong w/ the OPs car?
LoL no idea man, thats what im trying to find out, maybe a few spark plug wires disconnect haha. Hey anything can happen while street racing. I just know id be pissed if I lost to a bone stock ls460. I did a search and maybe it was modded but i can seem to find any parts for them? Could be something like a one of turbo/supercharger kit, but then he probably would have been walked harder? Something doesnt add up but who knows without all the details?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Teching In

sorry to chime in!!! just wanted to say the ls1's in the camaro and trans am were underated. in each production when they put out the hp numbers to all those magazines and the public they took the lowest hp produced out of all the cars tested and thats what they rated them as. for 1 insurance, if the ta or camaro was putting out as much as the vet you would get charged the vet premiums. 2 they would have to charge more for the car! and it would hurt the sales of the vet. why buy a vet when you can get the ta or camaro that has the same power? thats from the marketing stand point of the cars. and most people and insurance do not take into consideration the vets weigh less, they just look at the hp. and i read that from some gm website long ago about the ls1. just my .2!!! just saying they underated!!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by corum
sorry to chime in!!! just wanted to say the ls1's in the camaro and trans am were underated. in each production when they put out the hp numbers to all those magazines and the public they took the lowest hp produced out of all the cars tested and thats what they rated them as. for 1 insurance, if the ta or camaro was putting out as much as the vet you would get charged the vet premiums. 2 they would have to charge more for the car! and it would hurt the sales of the vet. why buy a vet when you can get the ta or camaro that has the same power? thats from the marketing stand point of the cars. and most people and insurance do not take into consideration the vets weigh less, they just look at the hp. and i read that from some gm website long ago about the ls1. just my .2!!! just saying they underated!!
True, true. Handling, interior and image are much better with the Vette. The LS1s actually had shorter overall gearing due to a slightly smaller wheel/tire diameter than the Vette. Plus the solid axle helped for more consistent ETs.

Quick Reply: Murdered by an Lexus LS460