Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 SLP Firehawk vs 06 STi

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocksws6
It doesn't have a SLP package. Just the strut bar and the Lid. I think you swung in behind me on the first pass, it doesn't really make any difference. It was a good run, so are we gonna meet up in town sat. night. I was thinking we could meet up in town about 9 and BS a little. And run about 11 or so. If you decide you want to, hunt up those 2 way radios. If you'll give me a good time to call I will call you tommorow. You'll have to tell me your name again to, I'm terrible with names. Brandt is that right?
Lol hell I can't remember I do remember it was a hella good race.

Sounds good man, I'll be in town around 9 and yeah it's Brandt; good job on the spelling
Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not so sure everything is going to pan out tonight with the weather but I'll be there regardless. We can plan something for next weekend if nothing else.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the WRX's and STI's when they are modded right. I was looking at buying an 04 WRX from a friend of mine. Its an absolute beast put down very close to 500 AWHP, and thats at 22 psi I believe. Here are the mods

T04Z turbo@36psi
Crawford Performance S3 shortblock w/8500 rpm rev limit
Turbo XS UTEC Engine Managment System
Turbo XS Front Mount Intercooler
STi 6 speed Transmission w/ dccd
1150cc injectors
DPR Stage 4 cams/valvesprings/retainers
Coolingmist Methanol injection kit
Custom Fuel System

Its a rotated mount turbo in case your wondering
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I love the WRX's and STI's when they are modded right. I was looking at buying an 04 WRX from a friend of mine. Its an absolute beast put down very close to 500 AWHP, and thats at 22 psi I believe. Here are the mods

T04Z turbo@36psi
Crawford Performance S3 shortblock w/8500 rpm rev limit
Turbo XS UTEC Engine Managment System
Turbo XS Front Mount Intercooler
STi 6 speed Transmission w/ dccd
1150cc injectors
DPR Stage 4 cams/valvesprings/retainers
Coolingmist Methanol injection kit
Custom Fuel System

Its a rotated mount turbo in case your wondering
Wow very nice, it is absolutely amazing what these limited displacement boxer engines are capable of! How is the daily drivability of that rex?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well its got a choppy idle, but its still easily street driveable. And it makes boost damn near to redline too! I was going to buy it before when he had a different turbo, but he blew the Perrin S2 shortblock and decided to go crazy!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Well its got a choppy idle, but its still easily street driveable. And it makes boost damn near to redline too! I was going to buy it before when he had a different turbo, but he blew the Perrin S2 shortblock and decided to go crazy!
How much did the new setup cost him, cause im thinking of going the same route soon.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

I'm not so sure everything is going to pan out tonight with the weather but I'll be there regardless. We can plan something for next weekend if nothing else.
i was talkin to brandt about me and him getting in a run, so let me know when yall meet up and we can make it a 3way, if thats cool with you?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
i was talkin to brandt about me and him getting in a run, so let me know when yall meet up and we can make it a 3way, if thats cool with you?
That sounds good to me but it'll be a 4 or maybe a 5 way. Yellow Sierra (AKA. Gator) Is wanting to run again as well. He's got a 06 GTO you can check his sig I think he posted towards the end of the second page. And I think he is trying to get Curtis to get the Roush stang out. It will probably be late Sat. night after traffic dies down. So I would say meet up about 9 and run about 11 or so. What kinda power are you making?
Brandt did you get that Camera mount worked out yet?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
How much did the new setup cost him, cause im thinking of going the same route soon.
I have no idea, he didn't tell me
Old 12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sounds good to me but it'll be a 4 or maybe a 5 way. Yellow Sierra (AKA. Gator) Is wanting to run again as well. He's got a 06 GTO you can check his sig I think he posted towards the end of the second page. And I think he is trying to get Curtis to get the Roush stang out. It will probably be late Sat. night after traffic dies down. So I would say meet up about 9 and run about 11 or so. What kinda power are you making?
Dang I wish the truck was running!
Old 12-16-2007, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

I haven't got the camera mount yet, I need to get that worked out asap. Of course we could have camera man ride with you guys..... In fact I know the perfect guy he only weighs 350 #'s LOL.

I have 2 camera's one is an older mini DV and one is a cannon sd 600 with a gig stick. So I'm not sure which mount to get, weather is so bad this weekend it looks like I'll have a little more time to get it figured out.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Dang I wish the truck was running!
Get to work. I thought you were going to throw that other converter in there and see what happened.
Originally Posted by Blackbird39
I haven't got the camera mount yet, I need to get that worked out asap. Of course we could have camera man ride with you guys..... In fact I know the perfect guy he only weighs 350 #'s LOL.

I have 2 camera's one is an older mini DV and one is a cannon sd 600 with a gig stick. So I'm not sure which mount to get, weather is so bad this weekend it looks like I'll have a little more time to get it figured out.
Yeah this weekend the weather just went to ****. If nothing else we could just tape the camera to your hood that would work wouldn't it. So how fast is Brians mustang? I would think its pretty quick being turbo'd and all.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Teching In

sounds good, i would like to run the gto, and ne of the cars, i make decent pwr but my car weighs 4000lbs with me in it, so everyone i race has to have 4 passengers lol jk.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah this weekend the weather just went to ****. If nothing else we could just tape the camera to your hood that would work wouldn't it. So how fast is Brians mustang? I would think its pretty quick being turbo'd and all.
Yah crap weather this weekend, tho I think with the weather it would have been my best chance I'm starting to feel seriously outmuscled . Lets all try to meet up this Sat. I'll pm you guys on the location.

Tape the camera to my hood? Don't you mean my trunk

sounds good, i would like to run the gto, and ne of the cars, i make decent pwr but my car weighs 4000lbs with me in it, so everyone i race has to have 4 passengers lol jk.
Sweet sounds like 4 of us are in for sure, if we can get the Roush in for the 5 way it will be even sweeter but either way we're going to have some epic street racing action!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just seen in another thread the crotch rocket one to be exact that you're making over 500 whp. You'd be wasting your time to come run with us. If Gator had his truck going it could be interesting but with the strongest of us being the 430 whp GTO I think it would be you blowing the doors off of us.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Teching In

I just seen in another thread the crotch rocket one to be exact that you're making over 500 whp. You'd be wasting your time to come run with us. If Gator had his truck going it could be interesting but with the strongest of us being the 430 whp GTO I think it would be you blowing the doors off of us.
ill be runnin low boost due to a slipping clutch, ill bring a dyno sheet and take you for a ride so you can see my boost b4 any races, i should be makin mid 400s but with my car,system and me ill be at about 4100lbs with me in it. so should still be very good races with anything over 400
Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats one bad *** Mustang GT! I bet you have surprised alot of different drivers!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Teching In

haha thanks, n ya one or two, it suprises alot because you cant hear anything unless im under wot then you can hear the mini jet takin off lol