Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

crotch rocket encounter!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lemons12, you need to relax... I'm not a Ford owner (well, ok i am, but i have a T/A) and i'm calling your bike slow!!

lol, i'm kiddin... but i agree with eleanor... equal riders, your bike will not be able to keep up with a newer 600.... I fully understand your point about the rider, and agree with you 100%, but why defeat the facts that your bike is not as fast as the other newer 600's. So chalk it up to you maybe being a better rider than your pals, but please don't come around telling other bike riders that your F4i is as quick as the newer bikes.

I dont mean this at all in a bad way - like i said, i understand your argument. Myself, my TL-R should not in any way be as quick as the newer 1000's, but have held dead on to a '05 R1 and '06 1000RR ... Also i've been able to ever-so-slightly pull on a '03 R1... However, when it comes down to it, my bike shouldnt be as fast in a straight line as those bikes... its just the fact that they likely dont have near as much seat time as i do.... And as far as turns, 600's handle like a champ, but i don't think they're head and shoulders above a 1000... Hell, i have a very heavy, much slower steering bike going into the turns, but once it starts to fall, it falls in so nicely... Oh, and just for the record, v-twin torque exiting the turn F.T.W.!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
lemons12, you need to relax... I'm not a Ford owner (well, ok i am, but i have a T/A) and i'm calling your bike slow!!

lol, i'm kiddin... but i agree with eleanor... equal riders, your bike will not be able to keep up with a newer 600.... I fully understand your point about the rider, and agree with you 100%, but why defeat the facts that your bike is not as fast as the other newer 600's. So chalk it up to you maybe being a better rider than your pals, but please don't come around telling other bike riders that your F4i is as quick as the newer bikes.

I dont mean this at all in a bad way - like i said, i understand your argument. Myself, my TL-R should not in any way be as quick as the newer 1000's, but have held dead on to a '05 R1 and '06 1000RR ... Also i've been able to ever-so-slightly pull on a '03 R1... However, when it comes down to it, my bike shouldnt be as fast in a straight line as those bikes... its just the fact that they likely dont have near as much seat time as i do.... And as far as turns, 600's handle like a champ, but i don't think they're head and shoulders above a 1000... Hell, i have a very heavy, much slower steering bike going into the turns, but once it starts to fall, it falls in so nicely... Oh, and just for the record, v-twin torque exiting the turn F.T.W.!
your not kiddin about the vtwin. i rode with a guy a few weeks ago on a vtwin ducati i dont remember which model it was but i believe a 996 or 998. but we raced on the way up the mountain from like a 70 kick and my bike pulled him rather hard but then we got up to the mountain and he stuck right on my *** all day and then on the last pass through we traded bikes. it was cool not havin to downshift i just left it in 4th and expected it not to move out but it had beastly low-end tq out of the turns but no top-end pwrband
Old 12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
your not kiddin about the vtwin. i rode with a guy a few weeks ago on a vtwin ducati i dont remember which model it was but i believe a 996 or 998. but we raced on the way up the mountain from like a 70 kick and my bike pulled him rather hard but then we got up to the mountain and he stuck right on my *** all day and then on the last pass through we traded bikes. it was cool not havin to downshift i just left it in 4th and expected it not to move out but it had beastly low-end tq out of the turns but no top-end pwrband
well if you wanna get REALLY specific, duc's are L-twins - LOL - and i don't think they're particularly known for their top end... howevr, the new 1098 is supposed to be quite the machine...

But since you mention it, its something i've always been very impressed with on the TL-R... its competitor, the RC51, is very good at letting you know when its time to shift... it definitely has a major lack of top end zip ... but even now, after nearly 40K miles on the bike, i will on a rare-occasion smack the rev-limiter (usually its with the front end in the air), b/c the TL-R pulls very hard right until that limiter kicks in and makes you fall on your face... Its very strong top end, combined with the absolutely brutal mid-range makes it an awesome ride.. I really don't forsee me ever getting another bike... I love the sound of the I4's and like the way they feel and the ability to scream and the top end power, but man all it takes is a few rides on a twin and you're hooked... almost 40K miles on my bike and it still puts a big smile on my face every time i'm out... The only thing i can see myself selling the TL-R for is one of the new 1098's or an Aprillia Mille (both twins)
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you sonsabish... that was my point the whole time.. depending on the rider.......... and yes.. the brand new rr and stuff are quite a bit faster.. but as far as and 02..03... there isnt that much difference... your talking what a bike length.. maybe 2... thats not that much.. even if you look at times.. but i dont care about that.. all ive been saying this an entire time is that i havnt had any bikes pull on me... and every single one of them had more time than me.. as far as turns.. your the first person ive ever heard say 1000s could out curve 600s.. no 600s will not slaughter 1000s... but they will pull away..

honestly it doesnt matter to me if an f4i is slow as ****.. i love ls1s.. a bike was a cheap, fast, and fun alternative for a little bit... but you may keep thinking that f4is are dogshit i dont care.. i know what has happened any time i ever race... ever.. may have different experiences.. but bikes around the same years... 600s.. are NO where close to being in a different ball leauge than an f4i.. stock for stock.. normal riders..
Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
thank you sonsabish... that was my point the whole time.. depending on the rider.......... and yes.. the brand new rr and stuff are quite a bit faster.. but as far as and 02..03... there isnt that much difference... your talking what a bike length.. maybe 2... thats not that much.. even if you look at times.. but i dont care about that.. all ive been saying this an entire time is that i havnt had any bikes pull on me... and every single one of them had more time than me.. as far as turns.. your the first person ive ever heard say 1000s could out curve 600s.. no 600s will not slaughter 1000s... but they will pull away..

honestly it doesnt matter to me if an f4i is slow as ****.. i love ls1s.. a bike was a cheap, fast, and fun alternative for a little bit... but you may keep thinking that f4is are dogshit i dont care.. i know what has happened any time i ever race... ever.. may have different experiences.. but bikes around the same years... 600s.. are NO where close to being in a different ball leauge than an f4i.. stock for stock.. normal riders..

i NEVER said 1000s will outcurve 600s just said the reason is bacause a 1000 is to much bike. unless your like my friend david and can handle it the way he can. i will say 750s are faster in the turns. wanna argue bout that 2 lol
Old 01-02-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

as far as turns.. your the first person ive ever heard say 1000s could out curve 600s.. no 600s will not slaughter 1000s... but they will pull away..
I did not say that 600's will not outhandle 1000's in the turns... i just said that i don't think 600's are head and shoulders above a 1000, which a lot of people make it seem... But maybe that's my bias as well... I prefer 1000's, particularly mine! hehe Just don't like having to rev to the sky to make power.... which is funny, b/c my offroad preference is exactly the opposite... 4-stroke MX bikes are a blast, but i much prefer ripping around on 2-stroke
Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to love the power of the new liter bikes in the red line they just pull like crazy.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

im the bike that he lost by 2 to... haha lil bitch.. he did spin severly bad even thugh we were at 50... ls6 intake goes on tomorrow and we will be racing again.. i think i might get beat by a length or so this time.. his z is setup for digs though not rolls..

02 f4i two bros... driver mod..

bike he tied with was a 04 f4i... stock i think... with me and my gf in the car.. we woulda beat him but the guy wouldnt finish it.. kept stopping at 110 cause of the fog...whatever..

all in all his Z still sound like a POS... o and thomas... betty caan beat you in her >>>>06<<<<< ford focus... LMFAO!!!!!
FIRST OF ALL - A BAD RIDER DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN BEAT BIKES!

Sorry LS1z28 but if you lost to his f4i by 2 cars you have absolutely no chance with a new 600.

The f4i is definatly one of the slower 600s. I stayed side by side with one up untill about 120 and only then he put about a bike on me until 140 while riding an old, worn out fzr600 with only a slip-on and pod filters. I then rode a stock 600rr and put several lengths on the same f4i with a slipon by 80. Sportbike technology has definatly jumped in the last couple of years and bikes just keep getting faster. Calling an 02 a "new bike" is like saying an 07 z06 isn't any better than an 02 z06.

I don't think a lot of people know what it takes to keep up with a k6/k7 600/750/1000 and definatly 1300/1400. A stock 07 GSXR 600 would outrun 90% of the cars on this board (including mine) and 75% of the people that really think they can take one. And that is just a 600. Don't even consider running a liter bike untill you can run deep in to the tens on a daily basis.

And sorry, but a liter bike will kill a 600 in every straight-line aspect rider permitting. It is pointless to say you can beat cars when you KNOW that the person can't drive/ride. I raced my buddy on an 04 600RR in my LT1 car and was side by side with him untill we shut off at 80. Does that mean my car is a 600 killer? Hell no, he is just scared of the bike and can't ride it. Me riding a 600 would kill my car and I am far from an expert rider.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, What he said ^
Old 01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
. . . Don't even consider running a liter bike untill you can run deep in to the tens on a daily basis.
A good rider will take a bone stock ZX14 into the low/mid 9s . . . Sorry boys, forget about in a straight line unless you're totally in psycho territory for cars. A technical road course is (somewhat counter intuitively for most people) a different story. A well sorted sports car can simply carry a lot more speed through corners.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:02 AM
TECH Regular

Lol, I say it all the time people seriously underestimate bikes. Ive had my R1 for a while now and it still scares the hell out of me when you get up there in RPM. Only way your beating some newer bikes is with 550-600+ whp and you better have 750+ to hang with liter bikes. I know this summer I will have more opportunities to run liter bikes in my FRC, since I got it at the end of this past summer. Should be fun. I have a friend with an 07 GSXR 600 that wants to run me. Im pretty sure I'll pull him pretty hard though, since Ive already pulled a 07 R6 easily.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vettezuki
A good rider will take a bone stock ZX14 into the low/mid 9s . . . Sorry boys, forget about in a straight line unless you're totally in psycho territory for cars. A technical road course is (somewhat counter intuitively for most people) a different story. A well sorted sports car can simply carry a lot more speed through corners.
By liter bike I was meaning 1000s.. GSXR, CBR, etc. kx14 and 1300r are STUPID fast and will outrun 99.5% of street cars. By street car I mean street legal, able to be driven as a DD if need be.

Bikes are in a league of their own. There is absolutely no way you can build a car as fast as a bike dollar for dollar. And for those people with heads/cam/nitrous cars that dyno 500+ for 15k invested, rest well knowing a $4000 liter bike will outrun it.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Teching In

By liter bike I was meaning 1000s.. GSXR, CBR, etc. kx14 and 1300r are STUPID fast and will outrun 99.5% of street cars. By street car I mean street legal, able to be driven as a DD if need be.

Bikes are in a league of their own. There is absolutely no way you can build a car as fast as a bike dollar for dollar. And for those people with heads/cam/nitrous cars that dyno 500+ for 15k invested, rest well knowing a $4000 liter bike will outrun it.

actually a bonestock 06 gsxr1000 will outrun a stock busa..(pwr/weight)
Old 01-06-2008, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

By outrun what are you talking about?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

By outrun what are you talking about?
1/4 mile and trap speed.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

In the quarter it is a rider's race, but after that bye bye says the Busa.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Teching In

true busas have better150+top-end but the gsxr is trapping 6-8 mph higher than the busa stock. but busas love mods, small mods make great pwr
Old 01-06-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Lol, then my car did real good Considering I held off a 07 GSXR 1K from 40-140 then he only put 2-3 cars on me after 140, but I started to reel him in again Lol, my friend works with him and he says the guy talks about my car all the time, said he cant believe a car was keeping up with him.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Great, another thread where a bunch of meatchucks think thier 500 and 600rwhp cars can hang with liter bikes because they hung with a poorly droven 600.

If a professionaly drove and tuned 800+rwhp Twin Turbo Lingenfelter Corvette is having trouble with a liter bike, what makes you think your 600hp streetbox has a chance?

In short, bikes > cars.
Stop dreaming.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol, then my car did real good Considering I held off a 07 GSXR 1K from 40-140 then he only put 2-3 cars on me after 140, but I started to reel him in again Lol, my friend works with him and he says the guy talks about my car all the time, said he cant believe a car was keeping up with him.
Why?
You have a 750rwhp Vette against a stock GSXR.
A simple big bore kit on that bike would more then wax your vette.
No offense, your car is nice.