Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Official GT500 KILL

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
BUT....... acting like "THIS is the best Ford can do?" is stupid beyond belief. When you talk like that......the whole argument of stock for stock comes to the forefront. Give me a bone stock GT500 against a stock LS1 F-body, and I WILL show you a proper spankin. 500hp for a factory-stock car is nothing to make fun of. Sure their weight hurts them, but going 11s in a 3900 lb car with just tires and a tune sure don't sound bad to me. And sure, price is an issue........MSRP 42K. But since we don't have an 07-08 Camaro to compare it to....then the bang for the buck argument is moot as well.

I just don't see the need for all the "GM > Ford" postering cuz your built LS1 snagged a bone stock GT500 just makes you look bad IMO.
Well if we are going to get back on this subject then fine.......

First off, HOW DO WE KNOW IT WAS STOCK!!???? We don't, so stop saying that.

And now, comparing a Stock $45-50K GT500 to a LS1 FBody is like comparing an LT1 to a 5.0. WAY OFF

Lets even the field a bit, Stock GT500 vs Stock C6 (LS2 or LS3, you pick). Both are new models, both are around the same price (GT500 $44, C6 $47)

Now what do you think the outcome is? If you are going to be comparing vehicles, compare apples to apples, not apples to sand.

Last edited by DopdBrd; 12-14-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

The closest thing you have to compare the LS1 would be the plain GT Mustang or the Mach 1, and even then guess who prevails?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:27 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro
Think about it........his car will take on a stock 03-04 Cobra as well Genius. And actually the GT500 is supposed to be a quicker car. Though we all know that its hard for Cobras unless HEAVILY modifed to keep up with a H/C ls1 car. He has a good kill and I must say evenly matched. I cant believe you claim his setup is heavily modified..........My 413CI C5 is strong and I dont consider it heavily modified.
I'd say different heads, decent cam, new rotating assembly, and lots of other large non-factory parts definitely falls into the "heavily modified" category. Not much on that car is stock now, except for the rearend.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Well if we are going to get back on this subject then fine.......

First off, HOW DO WE KNOW IT WAS STOCK!!???? We don't, so stop saying that.

And now, comparing a Stock $45-50K GT500 to a LS1 FBody is like comparing an LT1 to a 5.0. WAY OFF

Lets even the field a bit, Stock GT500 vs Stock C6 (LS2 or LS3, you pick). Both are new models, both are around the same price (GT500 $44, C6 $47)

Now what do you think the outcome is? If you are going to be comparing vehicles, compare apples to apples, not apples to sand.
Many people do not cross-shop the Mustang and the Corvette. Yes they are similarly-priced, but they have two different target buyers.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

They may target different buyers but as far as price and performance they are on the same plane.

To clarify, this is how I see it

GT500 - Vette
GT - F body
Old 12-14-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Trapping 110-113mph in a 297rwhp F-bod?

"Whipped by LSX power any day?" That NEVER happened to me when I was out around here.

Sounds like he raced ALOT of shitty drivers "beat the **** out of" riiiiiight.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

They may target different buyers but as far as price and performance they are on the same plane.

To clarify, this is how I see it

GT500 - Vette
GT - F body
the way i see it a mach1 will run with an fbody. in both cars youd win some youd lose some. and fwiw your fbodys were priced closely to 03-04 cobras. and you can debate that untill your blue in the face but the bottom line is the cobra is faster. if you think its not your in denial. mustangs were never ment to compete with corvettes. 1 quick question as well what do you think the 09 camaro SS sticker price will be? i bet its 40k and if its not it will be damn close.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill man.
I got destroyed by one of those things once.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So comparing two different classes of cars is apples to apples? No....you're comparing price vs. price. Yes a GT500 prices out in the same range as a base model Vette....but that doesn't make them direct competitors. As Irunelevens pointed out, you don't have many ppl cross shopping Mustangs and Corvettes. Why not throw the SRT-8 into the mix while we're at it? Let's see.........a 4100 lb 4 door sedan, a 4 seater 2 door coupe, and a 2 seater sportscar. Seems kinda lopsided a comparison to me.....no matter what ppl have paid for each. I know alot of Ford-biased ppl have tried to make the new Shelby out to be some kind of Corvette killer, but that's just wishful thinking. It is what it is......a 500hp factory pony car.

As far as us Mustang folk "whining" about this guys win....well, I'm not whining at all. I myself am shooting for better-than-GT500 performance out of my lil bitty GT. I just think all the chest beating is unnecessary. If a guy with a built GT comes in talkin about puttin a spanking on an exhaust only LS1, you GM guys would be the first to quickly point out that...."yea, but with a cam and stall, that lil Mustang wouldn't stand a chance". So, turnabout is fair play.

I agree, run what ya brung. Again, good kill on the OP's part. Just stop actin like every Mustang on the road is roadkill for any LS1 that they come across.....regardless of mods on each. Cuz the few I've crossed paths with have found facts to the contrary when they got spicy with me.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

this thread is getting a little childish, reminds me a little of streetfire. minus the braindead fanboy insults of course.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
Sounds like he raced ALOT of shitty drivers "beat the **** out of" riiiiiight.

You and I see the details.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
this thread is getting a little childish, reminds me a little of streetfire. minus the braindead fanboy insults of course.
Oh this thread will tank fast.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
It's a good kill for the OP. I'm sure he's jazzed at the outcome....and rightfully so. I, for one, won't take anything away from his win.

BUT....... acting like "THIS is the best Ford can do?" is stupid beyond belief. When you talk like that......the whole argument of stock for stock comes to the forefront. Give me a bone stock GT500 against a stock LS1 F-body, and I WILL show you a proper spankin. 500hp for a factory-stock car is nothing to make fun of. Sure their weight hurts them, but going 11s in a 3900 lb car with just tires and a tune sure don't sound bad to me. And sure, price is an issue........MSRP 42K. But since we don't have an 07-08 Camaro to compare it to....then the bang for the buck argument is moot as well.

Again, nice kill. I just don't see the need for all the "GM > Ford" postering cuz your built LS1 snagged a bone stock GT500 just makes you look bad IMO. Add a few bucks worth of mods to the Shelby and its a different ball game.

No problem, I still have 2 stage wet to tackle with that issue, that Shelby was just lucky my bottle wasn't in the car at that moment.

Anyways, I have another project comming online soon, maybe it will be fairer for the Shelby , my C6 with a 1 Bar centrifugal setup. nothing crazy, just about 650/700 fwhp
Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
the way i see it a mach1 will run with an fbody. in both cars youd win some youd lose some. and fwiw your fbodys were priced closely to 03-04 cobras. and you can debate that untill your blue in the face but the bottom line is the cobra is faster. if you think its not your in denial. mustangs were never ment to compete with corvettes. 1 quick question as well what do you think the 09 camaro SS sticker price will be? i bet its 40k and if its not it will be damn close.
I totally agree with you on the Mach 1 comment. I think that is why there is always so much argument around here whenever someone posts about a Mach 1 kill. They are a pretty even match for the LS1 in stock trim. From what everyone has been saying, I HOPE the new Camaro is no more than 35K but these days I seriously doubt it.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't you guys ever get tired of the Mustang vs. Fbody crap?

Predator Z - What do you run at the track? Your car sounds pretty stout.

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
lol this shouldnt take Unit long...
I really don't like banning people. Guys like however usually last too long.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Many people do not cross-shop the Mustang and the Corvette. Yes they are similarly-priced, but they have two different target buyers.
I disagree with you here bro. I think the market for both cars are very much the same, upper middle-class middle aged guys. Sure, just like any car their are going to be people outside of the 'target market' buying them, but I guarantee that Ford had its sights set on the 'Vette buyers with this thing. Why do you think they are going so 'retro' with the entire Carrol Shelby and GT500 talk of the late '60's? Just like the Corvette, Ford is looking to get that 55 year old white guy that wants to re-live his past.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
I disagree with you here bro. I think the market for both cars are very much the same, upper middle-class middle aged guys. Sure, just like any car their are going to be people outside of the 'target market' buying them, but I guarantee that Ford had its sights set on the 'Vette buyers with this thing. Why do you think they are going so 'retro' with the entire Carrol Shelby and GT500 talk of the late '60's? Just like the Corvette, Ford is looking to get that 55 year old white guy that wants to re-live his past.
I think you nailed it. 100% agree with you.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

That's why I was saying that, I really think the GT500 was made to compete with the Corvette on the track and numbers wise. Both are very similar to price and drivers for both are in the same age bracket.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Scammer Alert!

sweet
Old 12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Damn! I think the OP creamed his pants after beating a stock GT500! I don't think I got that excited when I demolished a stock Z06.
Good kill, man. Congratulations!
+1, but good kill