Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally Some V6 Kills

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Some V6 Kills

Well, I was driving with my friend Sean around Denver (south) because we had nothing else to do. We end up getting some Wendys by the local King Soopers grocery store, when we see a bunch of ricers roll up and start talking about their cars. there was a Eclipse GST (red, dirty as hell), some kind of Acura(purple with all the body trims and a huge spoiler to boot) a yellow Lexus with carbon fiber hood and spoiler (not huge, lol) and a silver corolla s.

So naturally I start harassing them for their funny cars, First yelling at the yellow Lexus to race. He started his car, backed up in front of my car, and said "What you say punk!?" (He's white, but everyone around Denver seems to think they're gangsta black.

I was like, "Do you want to (explicitive) race you little 4-banger?"

And then he says a classic ricer excuse, and I have to tell you, even though I've read it on here a hundred times, nothing beats the first time you actually hear it.

"Well, no man, my clutch is all worn out", followed by as nice drave away. His red eclipse friend follows, but his purple Acura friend lingers behind

I catch up to him at a red light and yell at him to race. He starts giving me excuses (man, its only a 4 banger, i dont like racing, my stickers are peeling off, etc) So i forget about it, and slowly pull off the line on the green. He proceeds to floor it, and hes not really running faster than me. We hit the next light, and he rolls down his blacked out windows, and says "Alright man, ill take you."

I laugh, and when the light hits green, I stomp it, and hear him peel out. I start pulling away, and by the time we hit 105, im a good 4 cars on him. And of course, as i blink my brakes to say i'm done, and slow down, he flies by me, and takes the next turn.

Later, I go down to the local Safeway, where my friend says there's always ricers. Sure enough, I pull up next to a new Evo in the parking lot, and we start talking about some races we've had that night. I acknowledged his car was faster, and didn't challenge him, and he comlimented me on my car back. Then I see this beautiful Camaro SS Aniversery (with the white stripes, ss hood) and he drives up next to me and starts yelling at me to race, so I follow him out to a nearby red light. His was a manual, but as he was revving, I thought that there was something wrong with his car.

The light hit green, and I floor it, we're neck and neck. but then, I start pulling on him. I start thinking, WTF there's no way I'm beating an SS. I stay ahead the whole race, and when we meet at the next light, I knew what was up, and started laughing at him. He got pissed, and asked what was wrong with me, top which I replied, "You got the same engine as me, just with everything modified to make it look like an SS. He didnt even respond, he just floored it out of there (Ran the red.)

It seems like this post is getting way too long, so I'l just summarize what else happened that night.

Raced a
-Red Eclipse GST -Won
-Silver Corolla S -Won
-V8 Gold Expedition -Won
-Supped up Escalade -Lost
-Honda Civic Newer -Won, but ears were deaf from the high pitch!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

You raced a ******* Corolla S and lost to an Escalade??
What do you drive?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Teching In

a V6 2001 Firebird Convert

Now i feel horrible about myself, lol

And also, I wouldn't really call the corolla a race, he rolled next to me, revved, and took off, I got on it and just kept pulling ahead

But yeah, I kept up with the escalade, but whenever I would shift into 3rd (auto) he'd slowly pull on me.
If it makes much of a difference, I had my fat friend (260lbs) Sean riding shotty, and the top was down.

I'm doing the best I can with my car, I couldn't pass up the deal I got ($5,000 with 46000 miles, new tires) from a close family friend (rich). He bought the car for $13,000, owned it for 3 months, then sold it to me. Then he bought a new Jaguar Convert. I got my eye on that as well. lol

Last edited by JimmySprinkle; 01-13-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

Im sorry, but from what ive read you seem like a real dipshit.

Actually, im not sorry.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by houtex

Actually, im not sorry.

wtf was up with that?? haha.. good kills/loses.. to me the "SS" dude sounded like a dip ****.. misrepresenting ls1s.. ricer ****..
Old 01-13-2008, 11:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Good runs I guess... but I don't believe they've made a 4cyl Lexus since like 1991
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Wait, so you in your V6 Firebird were calling out 4bangers?

This is funny to me.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I gotta do the best with what I got. Besides, the girls at my school don't know the difference, all they see is a nice convertible.

As for calling out the ricers, I only wanted to screw with the lexus because my friend said he has some POS engine in it and never raced. And the Accord was just... too... riced out, I had to embarass him in front of his friends in his car. As for the rest of the races, they were all started by the other guys.

But yeah, I'd sell my car in an instant for my dream car (02 WS6 Trans Am, Black, M6, T-Tops), hell, the bluebook's for my car is at 10 to 13 grand so I could actually make a profit from it. It's just that that would be a little unappreciative to my dad's friend who sold me the car at a considerable loss.

And I'm looking at a complete wet kit right now, that'll hopefully wake it up a bit.

The point is, I got one of the nicest looking cars, around my town, and even though its not insanely quick, it can still take on most anything around here.

Last edited by JimmySprinkle; 01-14-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
***Repost Police***

Careful with that "4cyl cars are slow" attitude you got going there... there are a few out there (stock) that would at bare-minimum give you a run for your money.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I don't look at all of them and think they're slow, a kid around town has a stock Manual WRX, he can get off the line quick and hold a good 2 cars on me.

For the most part, I'm a fan of all cars, even some imports, it's just when I see a car with huge spoilers, a funky paint scheme, a tomato can exaust, and stickers galore, i just assume they havent put uch into the engine.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Good kill. Dont invest too much in the V6 if your dream car is a WS6. Every 4 bangers has the right to race everyone and you dont?!! I say race whoever you want!!

Every 4 bangers are calling me out for a race when I cross one..I resist when its rice box, but I like to have fun too sometimes!!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Well, I got someone with a used NX kit, 10lb bottle, all lines, heater, bottle opener, all wiring and switches, a digital window switch, Fuel pressure switch, and what not for $450 shipped. What do you think?

Also, as for my car, in 2009 my four year older sister is heading off to California after she finishes college, and she'll most likely take my car (minus what I've put in it) since convertibles fair better in the sun than the snow. Then I'll take her 2005 RAV4, sell it, and put that towards the Trans Am. Wouldn't that be a sick car to go to college with?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

perfect plan
Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

I am guessing that you are close to denver but not from denver, Am I right? I figure there would be some cars faster than a convert firebird and some 4bangers. But nice races for what you have. Save some money and get that t/a before college.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

Actually, im not sorry.
you are a little ******* aren't you. go **** your sister jackass.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** some of those four bangers can put a hurting on a stock ls1 or lt1
Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Lol yeah, I'm south of Denver,kinda between Littleton and Castle Pines. I see a few Trans Ams around here once in a while, and a friend's friend let me drive his 02 WS6. It was like crack, and I'm hooked.

As for getting one before college, I'd love to, but as a Junior in highschool, and a weekend job (huge tips), I don't think I'll be able to pull the funds together in time without selling my car. Which, although I would, would never fly with my parents, even though I paid for the car.

I'm hoping that fitting it with nitrous will hold me over til my first LS1. I really don't drive like a maniac, but when I roll up next to some schmoe who thinks I'm driving a V8, I don't want to be embarassed.

Not to change the topic, but how do you guys think a a 75 shot, or a 100 shot of wet nitrous would affect my little V6? I've got a Magnaflow cat-back that was on the car when purchased, so it should breathe a little better, and when I glanced at the engine, I noticed the exaust manifold looks like the tubular kind. I also plan on replacing the plugs with some colder ones. I hear people praising the NGK TR6's, but wold I use those on my V6 as well? Or could somebody point me in the right direction.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Actually, im not sorry.
I have to agree with this guy based on the entire story that was posted.

And I don't know how much trash I'd be talking to ANYTHING if I was rollin in a V6 Vert Fbody. Normally I say if that's what you can afford, then that's awesome that you still have an Fbody, so enjoy it. But from that story, it sounds like you're an *** who just rolls around town talking trash to anything slower than you.

If I acted like you, this is how it would come off: "Hey, look at that piece of **** V6 Firebird. You wanna race that thing? Why even bother buying one, it's only a 15 second car stock. And any aesthetic mods you do don't make it faster, so why bother? I don't care if you like the way they look, my car is faster and that makes me far superior to you, even though there are a million cars out there that could kick my *** all over the place."

The more you talk about your area, school, and town, the more I think I might move out there. I would be a god with my mild h/c LS1.

Originally Posted by JimmySprinkle
Not to change the topic, but how do you guys think a a 75 shot, or a 100 shot of wet nitrous would affect my little V6?
Well, it's a 15 second car stock, so 14s.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 01-15-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

exactly.

But what got to me is the OP's elitist attitude towards a group of friends that were just chillin out. Now I would understand if you were to just ask em if they wanted to run to see if perhaps they may have more than just appearance mods. But no you had to be a dick and make us domestic owners look bad.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

exactly.

But what got to me is the OP's elitist attitude towards a group of friends that were just chillin out. Now I would understand if you were to just ask em if they wanted to run to see if perhaps they may have more than just appearance mods. But no you had to be a dick and make us domestic owners look bad.
Bingo.

The big thing to me is just because they like to put wings or stickers or whatever on there cars doesn't mean they're not cool guys. A polite introduction and/or invitation to race is a much better way to approach it and who knows, maybe you even meet a few people who turn out to be cool, rather than just being a dick and pissing people off.

Now, if they come back and are a bunch of dicks to you, then you have all the right in the world to trash talk and make fun of them. Just don't be the one to start it. It makes you look like a tool.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.