Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 kills yesterday

Finally got me a few good runs yesterday.On my way home from blockbuster,as I get on the main street I notice a 5.0 at the light .He was behind 2 cars in the left lane and I was 1 car behind in the far right of a 3 lane road.I can hear the exhaust on it and it sounds like it has a healthy cam.Light turns green and I happen to wiggle loose on the car ahead of me but I get stopped at another light behind 4 cars.This time however he was slightly ahead of me but when he came by I heard a blower . He noticed me this time and cuts a little loose after the light turns green.I hit it and manage to get behind him but carefully cuz of traffic.He got onto a left turn lane and I knew that it was a good area at least a 1/8 of a mile.I follow suit and line up finally at the next light.I asked him if he wanted to run and he said yup,but he wanted to go from a roll cuz of traction and 4.56 gears and bald tires (they were really bald ) so I said cool.I then asked him how much boost he was runnin and he said that he was pushing 7 psi.Light turns green and we creep to about 25mph and we hit it at the same time so I proceed to put about 4 car lengths by the end of first.He caught up at the next stop and told me I had a nice car,I said likewise and I asked him if he wanted to go on the freeway and he said he couldn't but that he would get me later if he seen me around town
Second one was going home from this last run I took a short cut through a small shopping center about 2 miles from the previous run.I'm sitting behind a car and lo and behold theres and early 70's camaro rollin by sounding sweet as hell. full front bumper,white racing stripes and a kinda electron blue or baby blue color on rally's .So I decide to take a detour home and follow him.He stops at a gas station so I was like so I just look at him and throw him a hard rev.As I make a right turn at the corner I get a little loose .I make another right a couple a blocks onto a wide street.I stop at the light and theres another car in the right lane as I sit in the left.I fiddle with my radio and look through my rear view and he's sitting there behind me .I think he's game and hurry in front of the car in the right lane when the light turns green so that I can give him room.He comes up on my left and I hear him drop a gear.I put it in first at about 30mph he signals for me to go and I point to him meaning for him to go first.He punches it and I hit it a fraction of a second later.I put about 2 cars on him and sorta short shifted 2nd but power shifted too and got really squirrly so I let off.He comes up to me and gives me a thumbs up and I returned the gesture.I signal him on 3 and I start honking 1...2...3 and we're off and again the same result but this time I shifted a little too hard and went over to his lane but lucky for us I was about 3 ahead so no harm done.I signal for him to pull over cuz I wanted to check out his car,but he just waves good bye and we go our separate ways.All in all it was fun and both cars we're beautiful,the camaro was absolutely stunning and sounded really good.I got a guy on my block who has a friend with a mustang bullit that wants to run me next weekend when the weather clears.Its got some bolt-ons and some DR's.How do you guys think it will go for him from a dig and a roll?You folks have any idea how much power they're pushing?. Alright, hope you enjoyed my little story.Wish you good folks a good night

P..S..This story is a fiction of my imagination.I am on meds and tend to hallucinate when I get in front of a computer screen.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were you in the Z06? Nice kills.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh ya it was in the Z06 cuz my Z28 is down right now
Old 01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kills. What kind of hp does a SC 5.0 put out? Mu buddy has one and wants to run the hawk. All he has is s SC on it. No other mods except flowmasters? Think i would stand a chance?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Launching!

what car were u in??
Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Were you in the Z06? Nice kills.
Originally Posted by wicked-98
oh ya it was in the Z06 cuz my Z28 is down right now
Originally Posted by Jakester136
what car were u in??
I'm gonna guess he was in his C6 Z06 . Good kill OP
Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm gonna guess he was in his C6 Z06 . Good kill OP
Thanks. As for the other poster.I would assume they run 13's but it all depends on the setup, you know,more boost,cam,heads,..the skys the limit or the pocketbook whatever comes first
Old 01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, it could be anything from 250rwhp to 450rwhp... you never know. Depends on the h/c/i package, and just what cam he was running. Friend of mine was running a crappy Powerdyne at 9lbs on a GT40 heads/intake 302 with an F-cam... made some good power, and sounded sexy as hell
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kills!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanx.I was so amped about finally runnin someone after my loss the previous weekend that I would have run anything at this point!!! minivans,trucks SUV's anything :o