Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowmofo
You missed the part where my lt1 car had a cam. Not all are the same though, I have a friend with a lt1 car that is set up for drag racing, and just bolt-ons for power and alot of suspension work and was running 12.5's all day..tossed a baby cam in and alittle port work was running 11.7's

Now the car is gutted, and with the same stock motor little gasket matching and a 150 shot has ran 10.8's

But its a tin can
i saw the cammed part but just decided to ignore it. basically because the cam cant perform at its best without the optimum amount of air and without any head work on the LT it is definitely lacking up top. but we all know any car can be made any speed im just trying to see where the LT really stands after some equal mods. sorry ill stop with the what if's and ill just have to wait and see after i get done with my car!

thanks guys!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Renegade87
thank you ford guy(cherish that one you wont be hearing many nice things from me ) haha! but thats all i wanted to know and that does make sense. cause for LT1's they were under the vette cause the vet was the LT4 so it was different. but when it came to LS1 it was in both the vette and camaro correct?
The LT1 was in the Corvette starting in 1992, and was rated 300hp/330tq from then through 1996. The LT4 was used only in the 6spd '96 Vettes (all autos had the LT1), and was also used in a hundred or so (forgot the exact number) Camaro SS models and Firehawks I do believe.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The LT1 was in the Corvette starting in 1992, and was rated 300hp/330tq from then through 1996. The LT4 was used only in the 6spd '96 Vettes (all autos had the LT1), and was also used in a hundred or so (forgot the exact number) Camaro SS models and Firehawks I do believe.
In '97, 106 Camaro SS's had the LT4(100 in US, and 6 in Canada) and there were 29 Firehawks, I believe. So, 135 F-bodies total had the LT4 from the factory and they were all in '97.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

heres my lt1 vs ls1 contribution
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...980&highlight=
Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is the dumbest thread I've seen posted in a while. It's so pathetic I can't even convince myself its entertainment...

"HEY GUYS, I just raced an LSx CAR! I took the hit, stayed in it for a few seconds and then hurry and let off! I WIN! MY CAR IS EQUAL TO ANY LSx"
Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Only certain Vettes got the LT4, not all 6 speeds.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

1996 was the only year for the LT4 engine in the Corvette.

All 1996 six speed Corvettes had the LT4 engine.

All 1996 automatic Corvettes had the LT1 engine.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

damn look at this e-thug! haha you must be thuggin around this site 24/7 huh? **** i only post when i have a few free minutes at work, im just not as gangster as you and i cant troll around like that. and thats cool whateverone said but how is the LT1 rated at 285 and the ls1 at 305 from the factory? did they underrate the ls1 that much? cause if its rated 305 from the factory then how does it put down 345 crank? wouldnt that mean the LT put down like 305 or was it not under rated? im confused here. done with all the bullshit i just want to know why they under rated the LS so much if it really is 50 RWHP difference? cause 285-305 is 20 horse and thats crank not even RW.

not tryin to start **** just want a good explanation.
If you'd get out of the street racing section, you might learn something.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
This is the dumbest thread I've seen posted in a while. It's so pathetic I can't even convince myself its entertainment...

"HEY GUYS, I just raced an LSx CAR! I took the hit, stayed in it for a few seconds and then hurry and let off! I WIN! MY CAR IS EQUAL TO ANY LSx"
sorry im not god like you buddy. you obviously havent really read much of this thread. i only said he couldnt catch me. and i never claimed my car was equal you **** tart i asked what i would need to make it equal.

your brain is equal to pile of ****, if i use the same reasoning you used on me. dont read my thread if you think its stupid *** whipe.
go back to gilbert and have fun in the boonies ****.

and i swear i have seen you post this exact same thing in like every thread you go in "This is the dumbest thread I've seen posted in " blah blah with some other stupid little cute cut at someone.

you sir have constipation of the brain and diahrea of the mouth.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:07 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Only certain Vettes got the LT4, not all 6 speeds.
Originally Posted by MGorman
1996 was the only year for the LT4 engine in the Corvette.

All 1996 six speed Corvettes had the LT4 engine.

All 1996 automatic Corvettes had the LT1 engine.
Thank you MGorman... saved me the trouble of correcting him . And yeah Tspence, I meant to say '97 SSs. I still remember reading the '97 Motor Trend that had a speed-comparo of quite a few cars (Cobra, Vette, LT4 SS, and a couple others), and wanting the White SS with the orange stripes that they had featured
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chavez885
If you'd get out of the street racing section, you might learn something.
and dude i have searched and this and that and have gotten different answers every time about reasons and this and that. this thread wasnt even supposed to be about that but just happened to be. so why dont you leave the street racing section and go jump off a bridge. thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Thank you MGorman... saved me the trouble of correcting him . And yeah Tspence, I meant to say '97 SSs. I still remember reading the '97 Motor Trend that had a speed-comparo of quite a few cars (Cobra, Vette, LT4 SS, and a couple others), and wanting the White SS with the orange stripes that they had featured
LOL i didnt even see the "96" in your original post. All I saw was Vettes LT4 manual LT1 Auto.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Banned

i dont understand why people have to go into threads they dont like and post **** being a dick. that is so mentally little. it takes more intelligence to tell someone politely how they are wrong or what is correct, now on the other hand to just be a dick plain and simple, **** my little 7th grade sister can do that. congrats you fucken little minded trolls. you only make me wonder what the world is comming to, i would compare your intelligence to someone like bush. your dad told you a bunch of stuff and you think its religion and he isnt wrong ever. simple minded *****.

will a mod please lock this thread im done with it.

peace and thanks to everyone who put in a .02cents worth listening too, i appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry im not god like you buddy. you obviously havent really read much of this thread. i only said he couldnt catch me. and i never claimed my car was equal you **** tart i asked what i would need to make it equal.

your brain is equal to pile of ****, if i use the same reasoning you used on me. dont read my thread if you think its stupid *** whipe.
go back to gilbert and have fun in the boonies ****.

and i swear i have seen you post this exact same thing in like every thread you go in "This is the dumbest thread I've seen posted in " blah blah with some other stupid little cute cut at someone.

you sir have constipation of the brain and diahrea of the mouth.

You can "swear" all you want buddy, search my posts if you'd like. Nice to see you have the intelligence of an 8 year old boy! You've got the mouth to go with it... There wasn't ONE coherent sentence in you retared post and when you ALMOST had one it was filled with ridiculous, out of place obsentities. Good job buddy, you're the man!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont understand why people have to go into threads they dont like and post **** being a dick. that is so mentally little. it takes more intelligence to tell someone politely how they are wrong or what is correct, now on the other hand to just be a dick plain and simple, **** my little 7th grade sister can do that. congrats you fucken little minded trolls. you only make me wonder what the world is comming to, i would compare your intelligence to someone like bush. your dad told you a bunch of stuff and you think its religion and he isnt wrong ever. simple minded *****.
We're simple minded because we have knowledge on the subject @ hand and you do not? Real bright buddy boy. There is no polite way to tell a ricer, such as yourself, how wrong and dumb they sound.

Just because YOU want it to be over, doesn't mean ****. We're just getting started
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

WELL AT LEAST IM NOT CLAIMING KNOWLEDGE JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A NICE CAR MY PARENTS BOUGHT BUDDY BOY!!! OHH JOLLY DUDE GUY BUDDY GUY LITTLE BOY. YOU SAY LITTLE BOY MORE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON . IM CALLIN THE COPS OUT TO GILBERT TO COME PICK YOUR SORRY *** UP.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

And Id Like To See A Picture Of This Car Your Claiming Is Yours! Daddy Probably Only Lets You Drive It On The Days You Have To Goto School Huh?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

WELL AT LEAST IM NOT CLAIMING KNOWLEDGE JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A NICE CAR MY PARENTS BOUGHT BUDDY BOY!!! OHH JOLLY DUDE GUY BUDDY GUY LITTLE BOY. YOU SAY LITTLE BOY MORE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON . IM CALLIN THE COPS OUT TO GILBERT TO COME PICK YOUR SORRY *** UP.
Do you really think you're getting under my skin with some lame attempt like that? Jealousy is an amazing thing isn't it? You're putting ME down because my car is "nicer" than yours. How cute is that!

And Id Like To See A Picture Of This Car Your Claiming Is Yours! Daddy Probably Only Lets You Drive It On The Days You Have To Goto School Huh?

Thanks for proving my point on your intelligence and mentallity with these two "prime examples".
Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

hahahahahahahaahahaha omg i need a drink im about to cough out a lung. . . someone tell me this guy is for real? this isnt a joke? i swear guys dont play with me! hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

hahahahahahahaahahaha omg i need a drink im about to cough out a lung. . . someone tell me this guy is for real? this isnt a joke? i swear guys dont play with me! hahahahahahahahahaha
Just calm down and let it go. Theres no need to act like that. Some people are going to be very helpful and others aren't. You don't want to make a reputation as a person that gets all upset over little stuff. And bringing up government and other irrelevant things are just going to get you flamed.