Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Read my 2nd response. And your junk DEFINATELY does not want any of my Z28.
Considering my "junk" doesn't want any of it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not stock. And LT1SC, thanks for the bode of confidence
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Considering my "junk" doesn't want any of it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not stock. And LT1SC, thanks for the bode of confidence
if you were only closer man we could actually see how it would do against my car. i should be hittin the track one of these weekends just to get some base numbers since i havent ever even hit the 1/4 yet in the car. whats your best time?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Teching In

no problem man, i give props where i believe its due.

my entire opinion on the matter of LS1 vs LT1 is that there are plenty more good condition LS1 cars out there, and parts are very easy to come acorss for the LS1. it makes more power stock and hadles mods very very well.
there are only a few reasons i built an LT1 car that happens to be a convertible. the price was right, and i wanted to be different. not many people see a convertible LT1 car as a challenge. just how i want it.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
no problem man, i give props where i believe its due.

my entire opinion on the matter of LS1 vs LT1 is that there are plenty more good condition LS1 cars out there, and parts are very easy to come acorss for the LS1. it makes more power stock and hadles mods very very well.
there are only a few reasons i built an LT1 car that happens to be a convertible. the price was right, and i wanted to be different. not many people see a convertible LT1 car as a challenge. just how i want it.
so true man. btw i love your car too, althought im no soo into vert's yours just seems to be the perfect sleeper LT1. props!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Teching In

it used to be a sleeper, but the blower whine kinda does me in on that one.
i never used to be into convertibles, i ended up buying the car for 3800$ as a winter car lol. after the cam and headers, i liked the few gains in performance and ended up going a little nuts with it. good way to be different. even now its getting work done, new paint and low key body kit. yeah i know body kits add weight and such, to an already heavy as hell car, but i want to look different too.
to each his own.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

, but i want to look different too.
to each his own.
thats what i am totally going for as well. a regular T/A not even LS1 or WS6 so people will under estimate it, and when its a little faster in a year or so, it will be the sweetest victory telling them nah its just a LT regular *** T/A.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

there you go man. most people build a WS6, or throw a WS6 hood on it. if you leave yours looking stock, your gonna surprise alot of people. hell, take off the trans am badging and put firebird on it, mine used to look identical to a six. even had a single, fake exhuast tip.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

there you go man. most people build a WS6, or throw a WS6 hood on it. if you leave yours looking stock, your gonna surprise alot of people. hell, take off the trans am badging and put firebird on it, mine used to look identical to a six. even had a single, fake exhuast tip.
i was actually thinking about doing that with the firebird emblems but i think that might be a little far. we'll just have to see once i get it up to the speed i want (not sure where that will be)

but this week im posting up my dirtbike for sale so i can try and get money for a stall converter, then headers are next.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Teching In

do the emblems man, trust me you should see the look on someones face when they pull up, thinking they have a really easy kill, and you just smile back knowing your about to rip their doors off.
many a mustang and ricer fell for that one =)
Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I fell for that trick with a 00 Formula when I found out it had the LS1 and mods with a cam it was already too late...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Teching In

usually is too late, i love it too cause no one ever see's it coming.
i would ride, top down, no emblems (thought about cloning it to an RS) but just left it clean and simple. hustled alot of people with it back in the day lol.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, it might be true... My brother has an 2002 z28 a4 with an exhaust and lost to an lt1 (i think 97 camaro) from a dig because his stupid *** spun like crazy. But from a roll ls1 had him by like 5 cars. So pretty much my brother cant drive an auto