LS1 vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008 | 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

oh boy, here we go again
Old 02-14-2008 | 04:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Renegade87
haha thanks man! i never even came close to saying an LT was better than an LS or anything close to that. i was just stating how cool it felt cause i probably wont beat another LS until i add a few mods. then i started to ask what it was that was so superior and then somehow it got turned into me bashing on LS1's? haha crazy e-thugs.

and i agree a fast car is a fast car no matter how you put it. although we all may favor a certain few there is always gunna be a faster car of a type you dont necesarily like. plain and simple.

funny story, an Acura RSX type S beat me the other day from a 55 roll and he had a passenger too. but i could tell he either was n2o or turbo cause when he hit it the torque steer almost made him hit me! he only got me by about a car up to 90 but still i lost. and worst of all to an acura, i honestly hate japanese cars but i still gave the guy a thumbs up and went on my way.
now i cant be sure what power adder he had becuase i had the radio blaring and my car is pretty loud too, but all i know is he down shifted and i saw the car buck then i punched it, and so did he and right as he punched it the car started doing the side winder front end going right and left till he straightened it out, so i was thinking maybe nitrous and he had a switch? cause he pulled out about the full car then it was even till 90.
Not to rain on your parade, but an intake/exhaust/tune RSX-S will pull an LT1 F-body from a roll... so it was either stock with a small shot, or had a few bolt-ons and a tune
Old 02-14-2008 | 05:14 PM
Banned

ok before i need to put the flame suite im gunna tell everyone im asking questions not ripping on anyone. haha wow

so seriously thou irunelevens those cars have 210 hp stock correct? or some where near that. so with a good tune im assuming intake and exhaust what hp would they have? close to 250? maybe 260? and thats flywheel so thats still short of my car by about 40. i realize he has me on weight but he also had a passenger. and they werent small guys either probably just under 200 lbs. i would think he would need the nitrous to take me but eh you never know right? do you have any idea what they weight? id say it was probably an 04 or so.
Old 02-14-2008 | 05:22 PM
Banned

ok so i just checked and its saying 14.9 1/4 mile for an 05' 2775 so with two passengers both 175 is 3125 total and thats only like 600 lbs lighter than my car so unless he got a great tune along with the intake and exhaust i really doubt he would take me. im thinking he had a small shot installed just enough to give him the umph he needs to edge nearly stock v8's.
Old 02-14-2008 | 06:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Not really. I would rely less on your math and magazine statistics. An 02-04 RSX-S with just intake and a Hondata tune will trap ~100mph. An 05+ with the same mods will trap around 101-102mph. My buddy's intake/full exhaust/tune '02 RSX-S ran 13.7 @ 103mph on regular Kuhmo 712s. An '05+ with the same mods would be trapping damn near 105mph. Which is MORE than enough to pull a stock LT1. No forced-induction or nitrous needed.
Old 02-14-2008 | 09:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Not really. I would rely less on your math and magazine statistics. An 02-04 RSX-S with just intake and a Hondata tune will trap ~100mph. An 05+ with the same mods will trap around 101-102mph. My buddy's intake/full exhaust/tune '02 RSX-S ran 13.7 @ 103mph on regular Kuhmo 712s. An '05+ with the same mods would be trapping damn near 105mph. Which is MORE than enough to pull a stock LT1. No forced-induction or nitrous needed.

13.7's are average times for a stock LT1's with good drivers, and about the best its going to get for a full bolt on & tuned RSX.

Although I have never ran one I have seen a couple stockers break 14's with a good driver. Thats a full second behind an LT1 stock for stock.

Which is MORE than enough to pull a stock LT1. .

So a modified car with an intake/full exhaust & tune, is barely enough to hang with a stock LT1.
Whats this crap about "more then enough"?

Maybe 'more then enough' to beat an auto edge GT.

Last edited by burnzilla; 02-14-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2008 | 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by burnzilla
13.7's are average times for a stock LT1's with good drivers, and about the best its going to get for a full bolt on & tuned RSX.

Although I have never ran one I have seen a couple stockers break 14's with a good driver. Thats a full second behind an LT1 stock for stock.

So a modified car with an intake/full exhaust & tune, is barely enough to hang with a stock LT1.

Well his buddy ran this and his moms s2000 ran that. His GT MIGHT be able to keep up with a stock LT1.
Old 02-15-2008 | 06:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
Well his buddy ran this and his moms s2000 ran that. His GT MIGHT be able to keep up with a stock LT1.
I doubt it.
Old 02-15-2008 | 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
I doubt it.
Honestly, I don't. A geared/bolt on PI GT is pretty damn quick. Not only is it a little lighter than an LT1/LS1 (not with his sound system but you get the idea) but its not far behind an LT1 stock for stock. I'd say its probably a 13.5 capable car with a trap speed of 102-103mph (with the mods/power listed in his sig). Your typical ragged out LT1 (what you usually see running around) is a 13.9-14.0x car trapping 100-101.

/end bench racing.
Old 02-15-2008 | 10:25 AM
Banned

thank you, i agree with that. this guy had to have some kind of power adder to jump a full car out on me. from your logic he should be about just as fast as me, considering i dont have a ragged out LT1 i have under 100,000 miles and i also have a cai and UD pullies, so im not stock either, not that a cai and UD pullies are alot but enough to make a difference.

and chavez885 you are just such a troll arent you? youre girlfriend kick you out last night on valentines day and you had to let some anger out on here? e-thuggin it? well im sorry you got tossed out on valentines . .

cough cough TROLL!!
Old 02-15-2008 | 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Your comments about LS1 superiority are always fun to read. As a former LS1 owner I find it fun to point out toolbags such as yourself ( no offense ).

Remember when we got in an argument about a bolt on LT1 keeping up/beating a stock LS1 and you got all pissed off? This is what you PM'd me.

God your a toolbag Chaman.

LOL!! Youre still butt hurt??? Poor thing....But hey congrats you are a mod...aint that something???

BTW, if youre a mod you should know that harrasment and offensive posts are against the rules. Instead of putting the thread to a rest you choose to show your immature level of thinking. Also posting PMs are a great way of showing how pathetic and temperamental you are. Thats almost like saving love letters!!! LOL!!

Last edited by chaman; 02-15-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2008 | 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chaman
Thats almost like saving love letters!!! LOL!!
thats gotta be the funniest thing ive heard in a while.
what you dont keep all your lover letters?
**** thats like keeping time slips why would anyone ever do that?
Old 02-15-2008 | 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Honestly, I don't. A geared/bolt on PI GT is pretty damn quick. Not only is it a little lighter than an LT1/LS1 (not with his sound system but you get the idea) but its not far behind an LT1 stock for stock. I'd say its probably a 13.5 capable car with a trap speed of 102-103mph (with the mods/power listed in his sig). Your typical ragged out LT1 (what you usually see running around) is a 13.9-14.0x car trapping 100-101.

/end bench racing.

Obviously I did not see what I wrote. I thought it was the RSX he was talking about.
Old 02-15-2008 | 11:31 AM
***Repost Police***

I know you have extensive experience in the Honda world, so I'm definitely gonna listen to you on this subject... If you do a bit of research on ACTUAL OWNERS that run their cars, the average trapspeed for an 02-04 RSX-S is ~95mph. Average trapspeed for an '05+ is ~96mph. JUST AN INTAKE on the '05+ cars gets you an extra mph. For the record, my BONE STOCK '94 Integra GS-R ran 14.97 @ 93.82mph, and an RSX Type S is a bit quicker than a GS-R. Common sense, people. And "more than enough" was talking about trapspeeds, considering this was a race from a roll. I didn't know 1/4 mile times had anything to do with what a car would do from a 55mph roll . So if a car is trapping 103-105mph, is that not enough to pull a car that traps 99-101mph? And yes, a bolt-on/tuned RSX-S would run right with my car as well, and I might even be seeing taillights on topend. Chavez, you really need to open your eyes and figure out that I just might know what I'm talking about . And METALBEAST, if you'd like to find a stock LT1 F-body around where I live, I'd be more than happy to run him to see where I stack up. If you think a 267rwhp/310rwtq 3.27 geared 5spd Mustang isn't enough to keep up with a stock LT1, why don't you prove your point?
Old 02-15-2008 | 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

thank you, i agree with that. this guy had to have some kind of power adder to jump a full car out on me. from your logic he should be about just as fast as me, considering i dont have a ragged out LT1 i have under 100,000 miles and i also have a cai and UD pullies, so im not stock either, not that a cai and UD pullies are alot but enough to make a difference.
And...your car is still slow.
and chavez885 you are just such a troll arent you? youre girlfriend kick you out last night on valentines day and you had to let some anger out on here? e-thuggin it? well im sorry you got tossed out on valentines . .

cough cough TROLL!!
If anyone is a troll, its you gaybo. Not ONE of your posts has ANY factual basis nor do they contain ANY helpful information etc.

Here you go buddy, take note:
Old 02-15-2008 | 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

I know you have extensive experience in the Honda world, so I'm definitely gonna listen to you on this subject... If you do a bit of research on ACTUAL OWNERS that run their cars, the average trapspeed for an 02-04 RSX-S is ~95mph. Average trapspeed for an '05+ is ~96mph. JUST AN INTAKE on the '05+ cars gets you an extra mph. For the record, my BONE STOCK '94 Integra GS-R ran 14.97 @ 93.82mph, and an RSX Type S is a bit quicker than a GS-R. Common sense, people. And "more than enough" was talking about trapspeeds, considering this was a race from a roll. I didn't know 1/4 mile times had anything to do with what a car would do from a 55mph roll . So if a car is trapping 103-105mph, is that not enough to pull a car that traps 99-101mph? And yes, a bolt-on/tuned RSX-S would run right with my car as well, and I might even be seeing taillights on topend. Chavez, you really need to open your eyes and figure out that I just might know what I'm talking about . And METALBEAST, if you'd like to find a stock LT1 F-body around where I live, I'd be more than happy to run him to see where I stack up. If you think a 267rwhp/310rwtq 3.27 geared 5spd Mustang isn't enough to keep up with a stock LT1, why don't you prove your point?

Read my 2nd response. And your junk DEFINATELY does not want any of my Z28.
Old 02-15-2008 | 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
And...your car is still slow.

If anyone is a troll, its you gaybo. Not ONE of your posts has ANY factual basis nor do they contain ANY helpful information etc.

Here you go buddy, take note:
and everything you have said added so much to this thread huh? the only reason i wasnt gunna call you a troll too is cause you stopped trolling and now youre back at it. and this thread isnt supposed to be all factual its a racing section for effin sake its not a theory section. damn youre just into raining on parades arent you? and im happy with my car being slow, i enjoy every bit of its slowness. go take your anti depressants and talk some **** to some other people who actually give a ****. if there was a talk **** section this guy would never leave.

wow!
Old 02-15-2008 | 12:28 PM
Banned

and how the **** can i troll a thread i started? damn youre fucken stupid. haha! wow. . . i guess there just isnt enough people out in gilbert to satisfy your **** talkin so you gotta come on here and run your mouth.
like i said you have constipation of the brain (its not working) and diahrea of the mouth (its just spilling stupid ****)

thanks!
Old 02-15-2008 | 12:32 PM
Banned

and we can all tell your obviously insecure about your car, so you go around making fun of lesser cars. do you make fun of handicapped children too? we all know what 'type' of person you are.
Old 02-15-2008 | 12:47 PM
Teching In

lets not argue and get this thread locked, this is a fun one =)

as far as a stock LT-1 running againt your car irunelevens, you would most likely take him by two-three cars. say this cause i ran stock for stock against a 5speed 04GT and he had DR's, i didnt, and had the top down and GF in the car and dead even. but who knows, i would say your a good driver, since your always adding valuable input id give the you benefit of the doubt on how to launch and shift pretty well, so who knows could be more like 4

Last edited by LT1SC95Z; 02-15-2008 at 12:52 PM.