Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My K6 GSXR 600 vs an 04 CBR 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My K6 GSXR 600 vs an 04 CBR 600RR

The other day when it hit 70 degrees here in kansas I took my bike out for a little while over my lunch break. I pull up to a light beside a NICE looking CBR 600 RR. It had a custom fairing kit or paint job with the black/orange Repsol paint job, a Yoshi exhaust (slipon or full IDK). I said "nice bike" to the guy and he looked at me like, WTF, and said "yeah it's not stock". I was like uhhhhhh k. At the light he took off so I slowly accelerated and a little up the road he was going really slow, so I passed a few cars and came up to the next light. He pulls up beside me and said "yeah you can't lose me that easy." I was just thinking, wow what a douche. So I say to him "at the light"

Well it turns green and he doesn't launch, so neither do I. I get about 5 feet in front of him with my clutch out and out of nowhere he slips up his clutch and takes off. Well I just went WOT and started chasing, as he had got a 2-3 bike lead on me by the time I stopped his pull. WOT through first gear laying over the tank I hit 16,000rpm and slam second I am right at about 80 now and my front tire is just at his rear. Right as I get beside him he lets off. At the next light I simply say "I've had mine 3 weeks, and it's stock." He muttered a "not too bad" and rode off.

It was an awesome looking and sounding bike, too bad he was a douche. By not stock IDK if it was a slipon only or full exhaust, sprockets, etc. I am kind of dissappointed in the 04 CBR, my stock K6 600 starts really pulling hard in second and I would have put many lengths on him if he had continued. A bad launch on my part by not even slipping it because I didn't think he was going to, and I still caught up quick.

Well I would consider it a kill, so first and only kill on the GSXR. No deaths yet. I put -1/+2 sprockets on it over the weekend and WOW I wish I could get a rematch. Now first gear is way more responsive. Hopefully I get some decent weather soon, so I can really enjoy the bike.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have K7 750 but I haven't done any "drag" street racing on mine. I rode the dragon alot there for a while and we raced across it. I guess you could call that street racing but anyways its a good possibility that he didn't know what the hell he was doing. He sounds like a big squid to me. I would post a pic but my desk top is down and my lap top has Vista. I hate that ****.
Edit: Here's a pic from dragon slayer photos mine is 175-177
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...P020174&po=174
Old 03-05-2008, 04:40 AM
TECH Regular

Lol I would have kicked him over if he said that Lol, j/k yeah but definitely sounds like a squid. Haha what kind of people say that $hit!!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Nice bike up there. I am looking for the same pants, seem they are sold out everywhere. I was going to order a Blue/White K7 750 before the dealer ran out of them but they weren't wanting to give any decent pricing on them since they're old stuff and he was still asking MSRP. So I found this bike for cheap with 2k miles and bought it.

He was def a douche for sure, I simply complimented his bike and he had to be a jackass.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

K6 Gixxer 1000 here.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

I don't understand how Suzuki makes the shittiest cars, but the best bikes. One of these days I want to get a K7 750. A liter bike around here is absolutely pointless, there is nowhere to even ride a 600 fast.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

huh? I thought Kansas was flat. ^^^^
Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cbrs tend to have more low-end grunt than the other sportbikes, but less top-end. good kill.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Well the sixxer comes with some tall gears out of the factory, it is a slug until about 8k. MY buddies 02 F4i with as slipon (and every rider knows that the F4i are some of the slowest sport bikes) stays within a bike or two of me until about 50mph. After the beginning of first it's over though.

And Kansas is flat, yes. But, every damn rode here is covered in sand and debris unless you're going in the middle of town. I have gone pretty fast on interstate at about 3am the other night when it was still 55* out. Unless you're wanting to do 100+ through town there is really no good place to stretch out the bike, other than interstate, where I live. I do know that 150 indicated comes pretty fast, though. Can't wait to test it out with sprockets and a speedohealer, so I actually know how fast I'm going. I really need to find some nice pants and boots though, it was a stupid move to only do it in a leather jacket, Shoei, and gloves.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Nice bike up there. I am looking for the same pants, seem they are sold out everywhere. I was going to order a Blue/White K7 750 before the dealer ran out of them but they weren't wanting to give any decent pricing on them since they're old stuff and he was still asking MSRP. So I found this bike for cheap with 2k miles and bought it.

He was def a douche for sure, I simply complimented his bike and he had to be a jackass.
That's a one peice suit. I got mine at motorcyclecloseouts.com here's a link to the suits: http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...torcycle+suits
They are a good site to look at for gear. I gave $530 for my suit and the cheapest I found it anywhere else was in the mid 600 range. The 750 is like a 600 on steroids. The power doesn't really come on any earlier, its just stronger when it does. Great mix of power and handling though. I'm fixin to sell my bike if anybody is interested. PM me for details.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, watch out for the 07/08 CBR 600RR's though. Honda stepped up their game BIG time. They are actually a little (think hundredths) faster in the quarter than a GSXR 600. Just wait for the 2010 GSXR 600. The word from our suzuki rep is promising
Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

My buddy bought a 06 RR and I've been waiting to race him. From riding it, it is DEFINITELY faster than his 04 was. With sprockets, I'm not too worried about any other stock 600 around.

I'm not a big fan of the 08 look to be honest. I'm not sure what is expected of 2010 GSXRs, I don't think Suzuki even knows the standards yet for that year?

How many miles and how many dollars for your 750? Feel free to PM. Also what mods?

Yeah I bought my jacket from motorcycecloseouts, they're 4 hours away from me so shipping was 1 day. Definitely the cheapest place for gear that i've seen. Just need pants now. And boots.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Suzuki doesn't know the specs on the 10' yet but our suzuki rep said it going to be badass. Big changes in the powertrain dept.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not a big fan of the 08 look to be honest. I'm not sure what is expected of 2010 GSXRs, I don't think Suzuki even knows the standards yet for that year?

How many miles and how many dollars for your 750? Feel free to PM. Also what mods?
Yeah I think the 08's look like ****. I personally wouldn't have one.
My bike almost has 2k miles on it, I think its around 18-1900. I have a BMC race filter, Full stainless EKG exhaust, Factory Pro ignition advance, Factory Pro Teka tune, -1 front sprocket, and I had the levers and rearsets powder coated black. I still have the stock exhaust, air filter, and tires which only have 430 miles on them that will go with the bike as well. $7200 obo
Old 03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

I don't understand how Suzuki makes the shittiest cars, but the best bikes. One of these days I want to get a K7 750. A liter bike around here is absolutely pointless, there is nowhere to even ride a 600 fast.
whaaaaaaat?? Haven't you been watching the commercials?

quote: "our cars are as fun as our bikes"...

LOL, it makes me sick every time i hear that! My Zuk is gettin older and older, but i just can't get rid of it... its just too much fun to ride...

FlashLCD33, get those pants and boots and start to lay that thing over... bikes may be fast in a straight line, but the fun is when you're laying her to the limits in turns.... I still wear jeans mostly, so i gotta keep my knees up, but i went through 4 sets of toe-sliders last year... would have went through more, except unfortunately nowadays i use my bike more as a mode of cheap transportation than general joy-riding
I suggest the Alpinestars SMX-Plus boots... they're what i have and by far the most comfy boots i tried on... and as protective as it gets!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

I def want to get it to the track. Like I said around here there is no way I'll cut corners, everything is flat and covered in dirt. I am hopefully buying a truck this week or next week so I can haul it 4 hours to Heartland Park, Topeka.

Ws6 that is a steal on that bike. I have cash money, maybe I'll pick it up from you. Let me think about it. Where are you located?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Andrews, N.C.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Damn that's a drive. I'll probably pass. Once I get some use out of my Sixxer it is going to be a stunt or track bike and I plan on getting another bike for DD/street use
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

I met up with him again, this time with my -1/+2 done. Twice he tried the typical flyby and i was stuck trying to play catch up. Once I finally got the 3 honk done and we took off. From a 30ish in 1st through the top of 3rd gear and I put SEVERAL lengths on him. We stopped and talked for a while and he actually seemed pretty cool now that I killed him. Apparently his mods are yoshi full exhaust and -1+2. Fun kill today.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

How are you liking it after three weeks? The only other bike I've ridden besides mine was a buddies brand new '07 GSX-R 600, fuggin' thing winds out forever. I think he said he did a little over 100 in first, I went up to 140-150, really nice to ride but his was lowered 3" and hard to get used to.