Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 01:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SleeperCibby
Yeah do it for everone lol, im not the one hated here. Why dont you do everyone and log out for life
I have nothing else to say, you've reached a new low for humanity.
Old 03-20-2008 | 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I have nothing else to say, you've reached a new low for humanity.
Says the kid who makes 50 troll accounts to talk **** about a type of ******* cars ( rofl ) on the internet, right. You suck at life.

ONEBADASSWS6 = the reason why people think Fbody owners are dumbass rednecks. Thanks douchebag
Old 03-20-2008 | 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Right

Shut the **** up already, I thought I made it pretty clear that NOBODY CARES about your shitty car.
Speak for yourself, as I don't think anyone at this point cares how you feel about other peoples rides.
Whether your car actually exist's or not the owner is most definately pathetic.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:15 PM
Launching!

Why??

Its a Firebird Trans Am. Or a Firebird Formula.

Same way a Cobra is a Mustang, or an Evo is a Lancer and an STI is an Impreza.

Difference is Firebird and Mustang were pony cars from the beginning, STi and Evo are nothing more than modded up economy cars. The V6 Firebirds and Mustangs were created after the fact to boost sales, the Impreza and Lancer are the opposite, they started life as cheap transportation.
I gotta give ya that one, valid point. So I'd assume u would have a lot more respect (at the very least) for cars like the Supra and 3000GT that are more similar to our american pony cars in base form, but competed with the Corvette in top trim? Not saying that you actually like any of those, just that you may have more respect for them than the Japanese, rally inspired cars (EVO/STi).
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

But the STI was built off of the Impreza so that they could be affordable AWD sports cars. I mean the STI can hit 60 in 4.8 seconds and has back seats. I will admit the look of the car is over the top but you gotta admit its a fun car for 34k. Its fits a certain niche of people. People who have a family and still want a fun car. Not everyone can get a Trans Am or a Corvette..so the STI can be a good alternative. Right?
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:25 PM
Banned

yea but if you had a skittle wouldnt it bother you if someone called it a neon? thats like someone knowing your younger brother and saying, hey you're little franks bro. i dont know i just think it takes away from how badass the car is. its not just a firebird its a firebird trans am. and i ackknowledge that for sure it is a firebird but not a plain firebird its a firdbird trans am. just like someone saying oh its a firebird when its actually a firehawk. kinda takes away from the coolness. like if i told you yea ive got a firebird. then we go outside and you find out i have a firehawk or something. i dont know maybe it is just me but its like someone saying you look like your younger sibling. when infact they look like you.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bend.over
yea but if you had a skittle wouldnt it bother you if someone called it a neon? thats like someone knowing your younger brother and saying, hey you're little franks bro. i dont know i just think it takes away from how badass the car is. its not just a firebird its a firebird trans am. and i ackknowledge that for sure it is a firebird but not a plain firebird its a firdbird trans am. just like someone saying oh its a firebird when its actually a firehawk. kinda takes away from the coolness. like if i told you yea ive got a firebird. then we go outside and you find out i have a firehawk or something. i dont know maybe it is just me but its like someone saying you look like your younger sibling. when infact they look like you.
No kidding. I don't call my Formula a Firebird at all. But when I tell people I have a Formula they look at my with a blank look...so then I just say Trans Am.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by artist71
But the STI was built off of the Impreza so that they could be affordable AWD sports cars. I mean the STI can hit 60 in 4.8 seconds and has back seats. I will admit the look of the car is over the top but you gotta admit its a fun car for 34k. Its fits a certain niche of people. People who have a family and still want a fun car. Not everyone can get a Trans Am or a Corvette..so the STI can be a good alternative. Right?
See I personally like the fact that there are so many different types of cars to choose from and now of days auto makers are changing our perspective of what a performance car can look like. We have our american pony/muscle cars (Mustang/Camaro/Challenger)... our modern american family/muscle cars (Charger/G8)... Japanese, rally inspired cars (EVO/STi)... Sports cars (Corvette/Viper/Skyline) and well even on the lower end ... Roadsters (S2000, Miata/Sky/Solstice/350Z)....compact sports (Eclipse GT/Lancer Rallyart/WRX/Tiburon GT/TC/Civic SI). Thats a lot of options lol.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

No kidding. I have had the STI, S2000, 350z, Lotus, Z06, Formula, 300zxTT, WRX, and 3000gt. I can say from experience that the Z06 is by far the most fun...and now I would not go back to a 4 banger or 6. Its the feeling a Corvette gives you all the way through the powerband. Some people ask my why I go through so many cars...I do it for the experience. But I am done now..the Z06 is the only one I want now.
Old 03-20-2008 | 04:53 PM
Launching!

Also, I do have to wonder if the american car companies are killing off our "performance" compact sports to leave room open for the sales the base model pony cars. I mean u figure the Neon SRT is gone... the Supercharged Cobalt SS is gone... and well u have the Caliber SRT but other than that it seems like there will be no compact sport competition to drive ppl away from the base model pony car's sales.

Then again.. it may all be in my head haha.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

I think the problem is that when America builds a car like that they don't give it the power or looks the Japan ones have. I mean the Caliber and the SRT are both ugly cars when compared to a 350z, S2000, EVO, and STI. I know the 350z is more expensive..but most people now days buy them used for the same price as a new Cobalt or SRT. It feels like when the USA makes a car for that crowd that they just half *** it. Plus..they don't put enough HP in them.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:12 PM
Banned

I think the problem is that when America builds a car like that they don't give it the power or looks the Japan ones have. I mean the Caliber and the SRT are both ugly cars when compared to a 350z, S2000, EVO, and STI. I know the 350z is more expensive..but most people now days buy them used for the same price as a new Cobalt or SRT. It feels like when the USA makes a car for that crowd that they just half *** it. Plus..they don't put enough HP in them.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR VETTE? ITS NOT EVEN A C6 Z06 AND ITS GOT PLENTY OF HP IF YOU ASK ME, ALTHOUGH MORE IS ALWAYS NICE, FROM THE FACTORY ID SAY YOU HAVE A PRETTY STOUT CAR. AND DONT FORGET NEXT YEAR THERE ARE STILL GUNNA HAVE THE SS COBALT IT WILL JUST BE A TURBO NOW WITH 20 MORE HORSE THE LNF MOTOR. ITS THE MOTOR FROM THE SOLSTICE GXP AND THE SATURN SKY REDLINE.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

I was refering to the cars the compete with Japan tuner scene. Affordable compact cars. The Corvette is a few notches above cars like the cobalt and SRT. Why did GM kill the Camaro and Trans Am? I know there coming back..buy why kill em for a while?
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bend.over
AND DONT FORGET NEXT YEAR THERE ARE STILL GUNNA HAVE THE SS COBALT IT WILL JUST BE A TURBO NOW WITH 20 MORE HORSE THE LNF MOTOR. ITS THE MOTOR FROM THE SOLSTICE GXP AND THE SATURN SKY REDLINE.
Ahhh, did not know that little fact lol. I was getting kind of weary of how we were doing in that compact sport market... we are by far the minority there.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:27 PM
Banned

I was refering to the cars the compete with Japan tuner scene. Affordable compact cars. The Corvette is a few notches above cars like the cobalt and SRT. Why did GM kill the Camaro and Trans Am? I know there coming back..buy why kill em for a while?
Ohhh ok i understand now and yes i agree the corvette is just a few several hundred notches up there. i really like your lotus thou man thats a sweet lookin car.

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
Ahhh, did not know that little fact lol. I was getting kind of weary of how we were doing in that compact sport market... we are by far the minority there.

yes we should actually be doing pretty good once that turbo SS cobalt comes out. they are also going to be equipt with a no lift shift in the SS form.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

They're bringing back the Camaro only, as a nitche vehicle to sale to the retro craze crowd, and while some enthusiests will buy it as well, it's not meant to be around more than a few years, so no generations after it. As for the Firebird/TA, Bob Lutz stated once when they announced the Fbodies' demise, that he hated the Firebird and there would never be another while he was in charge. As for killing them in the first place, sales were down and the Ricer movement was surging, but what GM didn't realize is when the "rice" crowd grew up , they wanted to get into a real car, but only the GTO was around at the time to quell the thrist, so alot of those who would've moved on to the next logical step after a 4banger FWD, stayed with the overseas competition, only they moved on to the forced induction, higher end imports.Seldom did you ever see the transition from import to corvette, which was the only other powerful rwd car availible from GM, so Ford got all the $$$ with the new mustang style. GM needed to have a stepping stone of sorts, like the Fbody, to keep the transition alive. GM=Failed. I love GM and have had nothing but GM cars, save my SRT8 Charger, since I could drive, but they messed up royally with the F-body death and the (I know some are going to kill me) sad take on the GTO, while the power was there, the weight and unattractivness was as well.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:33 PM
Launching!

I wouldn't say they dont put enough HP in them. I mean the Neon SRT was like the fastest car in its class, the Cobalt SS wasnt that far behind and the new Caliber SRT is pushing out a lot more power than than either of those cars were... but as far as half assing them.. I agree. I dont think any of them are nearly as attractive as their Japanese competition (aside from the new Impreza... that is one ugly car IMO lol). I hate to say this, but as far as just purely looks go in that market.. Id take a new Lancer, Tiburon, Eclipse or Civic over a Caliber, Cobalt or Focus any day.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Evilways
They're bringing back the Camaro only, as a nitche vehicle to sale to the retro craze crowd, and while some enthusiests will buy it as well, it's not meant to be around more than a few years, so no generations after it. As for the Firebird/TA, Bob Lutz stated once when they announced the Fbodies' demise, that he hated the Firebird and there would never be another while he was in charge. As for killing them in the first place, sales were down and the Ricer movement was surging, but what GM didn't realize is when the "rice" crowd grew up , they wanted to get into a real car, but only the GTO was around at the time to quell the thrist, so alot of those who would've moved on to the next logical step after a 4banger FWD, stayed with the overseas competition, only they moved on to the forced induction, higher end imports.Seldom did you ever see the transition from import to corvette, which was the only other powerful rwd car availible from GM, so Ford got all the $$$ with the new mustang style. GM needed to have a stepping stone of sorts, like the Fbody, to keep the transition alive. GM=Failed. I love GM and have had nothing but GM cars, save my SRT8 Charger, since I could drive, but they messed up royally with the F-body death and the (I know some are going to kill me) sad take on the GTO, while the power was there, the weight and unattractivness was as well.
Thats true. If the Camaro and Challenger are both going to survive past their initial comeback... they'll need to redesign the cars again with a much more modern look in a few years. Both cars will have a base model and thats a good foundation if they plan to keep the car around... but when this retro fad dies by... lets say 2012... they're defiantly going to have to be innovative again. I can just imagine a sea of pissed off pony car enthusiasts if they kill these cars off again... especially the Camaro.

I really would love to see what the next generation of Camaros and Challengers look like if they try to keep them alive.
Old 03-20-2008 | 05:46 PM
Banned

if the new camaro is only going to be out for a few years we all better go buy one and keep it in a garage. That means in 30 or so years it will be worth tons of money.
Old 03-20-2008 | 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
I wouldn't say they dont put enough HP in them. I mean the Neon SRT was like the fastest car in its class, the Cobalt SS wasnt that far behind and the new Caliber SRT is pushing out a lot more power than than either of those cars were... but as far as half assing them.. I agree. I dont think any of them are nearly as attractive as their Japanese competition (aside from the new Impreza... that is one ugly car IMO lol). I hate to say this, but as far as just purely looks go in that market.. Id take a new Lancer, Tiburon, Eclipse or Civic over a Caliber, Cobalt or Focus any day.
I ALMOST CHOCKED. WHEN I READ THAT LAST LINE. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY? HAVE YOU READ UP ON ANY OF THE NEW STUFF ABOUT THE ECO-TECS? THOSE THINGS ARE KILLER! AND LOVE BOOST. THE MOTOR COMPLETELY STOCK WILL HANDLE UP TO 285HP I THINK. THEN YOU NEED NEW RODS AND LIKE 1 OTHER THING. I USED TO HAVE A BUILD GUIDE THAT HAD ALL THE BREAKING POINTS FOR THE STOCK PARTS.