Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bend.over
I ALMOST CHOCKED. WHEN I READ THAT LAST LINE. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY? HAVE YOU READ UP ON ANY OF THE NEW STUFF ABOUT THE ECO-TECS? THOSE THINGS ARE KILLER! AND LOVE BOOST. THE MOTOR COMPLETELY STOCK WILL HANDLE UP TO 285HP I THINK. THEN YOU NEED NEW RODS AND LIKE 1 OTHER THING. I USED TO HAVE A BUILD GUIDE THAT HAD ALL THE BREAKING POINTS FOR THE STOCK PARTS.

Thankfully the Ecotech is much much better now and can handle a hell of a lot more than 285Hp in stock form. 285 is pathetic. Bone stock 4 bangers have been handling over 500WHP for years. Shoot look at old Ford 2.3s.

Caps are not needed.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bend.over
I ALMOST CHOCKED. WHEN I READ THAT LAST LINE. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY? HAVE YOU READ UP ON ANY OF THE NEW STUFF ABOUT THE ECO-TECS? THOSE THINGS ARE KILLER! AND LOVE BOOST. THE MOTOR COMPLETELY STOCK WILL HANDLE UP TO 285HP I THINK. THEN YOU NEED NEW RODS AND LIKE 1 OTHER THING. I USED TO HAVE A BUILD GUIDE THAT HAD ALL THE BREAKING POINTS FOR THE STOCK PARTS.
U almost chocked when I was clearly talking about appearance and not performance? Read it again, I clearly said the performance in the American compact sports was good, I just don't like how they look.

Its like u took what I said... then completely flipped it.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/yawn

you guys are all funny.

reading internet dick waving threads like this make me sleepy.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for the info. That was a nice read.
You know I actually like the 05 GTO. I think it might be because I know it has a good engine and that could effect my judgement. But I did test drive one and I really liked it. But for the price I was able to get the 02 Z06 instead I really wish GM would bring the Trans Am back. Id love to see a new Smokey and the Bandit movie
I can't wait to see what kinda of Camaros we will see in the near future. I hope there are special versions like how the Mustang has Roush, Saleen, and Foose.

Originally Posted by Evilways
They're bringing back the Camaro only, as a nitche vehicle to sale to the retro craze crowd, and while some enthusiests will buy it as well, it's not meant to be around more than a few years, so no generations after it. As for the Firebird/TA, Bob Lutz stated once when they announced the Fbodies' demise, that he hated the Firebird and there would never be another while he was in charge. As for killing them in the first place, sales were down and the Ricer movement was surging, but what GM didn't realize is when the "rice" crowd grew up , they wanted to get into a real car, but only the GTO was around at the time to quell the thrist, so alot of those who would've moved on to the next logical step after a 4banger FWD, stayed with the overseas competition, only they moved on to the forced induction, higher end imports.Seldom did you ever see the transition from import to corvette, which was the only other powerful rwd car availible from GM, so Ford got all the $$$ with the new mustang style. GM needed to have a stepping stone of sorts, like the Fbody, to keep the transition alive. GM=Failed. I love GM and have had nothing but GM cars, save my SRT8 Charger, since I could drive, but they messed up royally with the F-body death and the (I know some are going to kill me) sad take on the GTO, while the power was there, the weight and unattractivness was as well.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
I wouldn't say they dont put enough HP in them. I mean the Neon SRT was like the fastest car in its class, the Cobalt SS wasnt that far behind and the new Caliber SRT is pushing out a lot more power than than either of those cars were... but as far as half assing them.. I agree. I dont think any of them are nearly as attractive as their Japanese competition (aside from the new Impreza... that is one ugly car IMO lol). I hate to say this, but as far as just purely looks go in that market.. Id take a new Lancer, Tiburon, Eclipse or Civic over a Caliber, Cobalt or Focus any day.
Yeah..the Neon was faster then its early reviews said it was. Also it was under 20k. I did forget that America does make the Solstice and Sky..both of those cars are really nice. But you would think a car being that small that they would weigh under 3000 pounds.
The Caliber is just ugly. I wish Dodge would make a baby Viper.