Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo driver says "I'll send you home crying in your $50k car"...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as we talk junk about evos you got to respect the power you can get out of them relatively easy
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Teching In

ok i like evo's and sti's yea there nice dd but it makes no sense to mod them when u can spend less money modding a real car and well there just 100% funner to drive if thats a word lol
Old 03-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

I like and respect Evos and since AMS is local, I've had the opportunity to see some really fast EVOs run from time to time. Doesn't change the fact that the particular Evo driver in this story was a tool.

Unlike the OP, I've been lucky enough to run into some really cool Evo drivers. In my experience it's the "internet warriors" with lightly modded cars that are the most likely to toss out this type of insult to a domestic driver on the road, the guys with the more seriously modded Evos know what's involved in making a fast street car of any brand and respect them for it.

Also, as somebody already mentioned, I've seen KevinD post as a vendor on EvolutionM.net

Last edited by gnxs; 03-18-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

I think they are ugly. Way too much going on with the appearance but that's what import guys are into so I guess it's cool for them.

Dan
Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Bullshit, and you know it.

First off, a C6 Z06 with 600WHP would have whooped your ricer ***. In fact, it would have whooped your ricer *** in stock form as well, considering it weighs almsot 200lbs less than your pile of crap Evo.

And bullshit on him "not getting traction in 3rd gear". First gear on those cars tops out at 60MPH, by the time he's in 3rd you're going well over 100MPH - its not likely to be hurting for traction at that speed with tires that wide. You're just making **** up, just like everything you've ever posted.

And just like every other Evo ***, you all claim your cars are bulletproof and have no problems. The reailty is its probably been to dealer 10 times for leaky seals, transmission grinding, transfer case and differential clunks, and all sorts of various broken parts due to the fact that its a mitsubishi.

Bottom line is your car is a piece of ****. Stop coming around here and bragging about it to try and make yourself feel better, nobody wants to hear your bullshit.
Heck yeah, well said. Too bad more people on here won't speak up.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MeanC6
Heck yeah, well said. Too bad more people on here won't speak up.
I agree with these's guys
Old 03-18-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

gnxs said it best and this thread is going downhill fast....
Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Launching!

I hate how extremely hot chicks are always riding with the ricers.
Didn't their dad teach them anything about real cars and v-8's?
oh well, there's smart ones out there, and they know what rice is for............. eating.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

It always comes down to ricers being ignorant. Why do they always take opinion over fact?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Its pretty much accepted that Domestics are the best bang for buck new/stock. Was that ever even a debate?
Just trying to give an example of how a stock, unmodded, untouched domestic (and not even a Z06) can still kill many decently modded imports.
That's all.
Especially since the ricetard antagonist in the O.P.'s story brought price into the equation.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Teching In

I paid $7,000 for my car and i still blow 3/4 of the imports off the road around here that are all modded up. If not more then that, and im completly stock for a little longer. So if you guys wanna run around talking about how much we pay for things think again. I'll stick with american the rest of my life i can tell you that
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Launching!

I have heard of guys claiming 450WHP out of mild combo 327s. I have seen people on here say that a bolt-ons M6 will make 400WHP. I have seen people at the track say that a T25 Honda lays out 320WHP and then run a 14.5. I have had guys tell me that my DSM is god for 9s. I have seen guys claim 500WHP in a GT and then run a 14. Shoot I ave seen a C5Z run a 14.2 because the driver was just that stupid. I swear I could have run it faster if I had shifted with my knees.

So I dont have any trouble whatsoever beleiving that some dork claimed 600WHP in his C6 becuase some speed shop told him his mild port-matched heads were the shiznat and that the nawz was flowing well and then geting smoked by a meth injected 35R Evo. 35R 4G63 cars have laid out high 600s WHP no nitrous. Thats going to take down a crap driver in a decent car.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

AWD hits hard. But the Vette is one hell of a car. And...maybe he didnt know this..but the C6 started at 43k in 2005.Its more expensive now but.. Most people don't know that. Great kill.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by theroad64
AWD hits hard. But the Vette is one hell of a car. And...maybe he didnt know this..but the C6 started at 43k in 2005.Its more expensive now but.. Most people don't know that. Great kill.
I heard base Z-51s have been advertised for $39,995 on the internet.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Evilways
We got a Yellow Evo around here with the same mindset. I killed him badly on some straight aways, then he tried to follow me through some twisties...lol....he went off road 3-4 times that I sw out of the rear view. It's hard to hang with a Z51 suspension Vette.
I love how things get blown outta proportion This is total and complete BS and a lie. The twistie this guy speaks of is one hard right hand corner which i didnt not push into and have never ran off. He comes on a local forum posting up all friendly but then comes on here acting like im some kinda fool! I do not appriciate it and please stop with you lies! I dont mind you as a person but i dont understand trying to make a fool out of me when your stretching the truth. The fact is its an 03 evo with less than 1k in mods.... You didnt walk it that hard..... And i didnt push you into this so call twistie..... And for that other ******* its my wife not girlfriend....
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Ohhhh snap!!

Dan
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

And the show begins.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Iwant2beArealBoy
ok i like evo's and sti's yea there nice dd but it makes no sense to mod them when u can spend less money modding a real car and well there just 100% funner to drive if thats a word lol
This argument is so old and retarded. Not everyone wants to drive the car that they can make fast for the cheapest price. People have different preferences for sound, look, and how they make the power. Why buy a Ferrari when you can get an LS1 and throw some nitrous on it? Because it's a damn Ferrari and the Ferrari owner wanted more than just something fast. I bought a WS6 because I've wanted one since I was a kid and it's still my favorite looking car, bar none. Plenty of cars make similar power stock and have decent mod potential, but those other cars didn't interest me. I paid over 20K for my car.. I'm not sure why people brag about buying 7K F-bodies that have 100,000 miles on them. I'd much rather drive an Evo 8/9 with low miles than an F-body with high miles. Bragging about owning something so cheap doesn't make sense to me. Most Evo/STi drivers are squirrelly little *******, but that doesn't mean their cars are junk.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by b.lee
I hate how extremely hot chicks are always riding with the ricers.
Didn't their dad teach them anything about real cars and v-8's?
oh well, there's smart ones out there, and they know what rice is for............. eating.
Looking neat is more appealing to chicks than going fast. My girlfriend thinks Evos are cute cars. Besides, most racing movies are rice. Fast and the Furious and all its sequels are just a bunch of rice.