Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 IS!! faster than 6.0 GOAT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Scott at a dragstrip cammed GTOs are probably running like **** with the IRS and the small tire size. Hell its a 6.0 LS1 motor, I know its an LS2 but its just a big LS1, so mod for mod the motor will make more power. GTIs are hard to drive though. And making as much power as you are Veyrons look like they cant get out of their own way.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mycar2fast. you going to reply to the question i asked you?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmdgto
i read some of your posts from 3/8/08 and 3/12/08. were you procharged when you beat those 5 gto's. when asked about your mod list you did not answer. i need clarification on this. i stand by my statements eariler about f-bodies and gto's. sooooooo what is the truth?
I am intrigued as well if he is procharged.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

LOL a being supercharged and calling something slow, moron. If its true.

I still have the challenge out there. ANY f bodies in my are that are stock or only have catback that want to run on the highway to settle this let me know. We will get it on video and post here.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL a being supercharged and calling something slow, moron. If its true.

I still have the challenge out there. ANY f bodies in my are that are stock or only have catback that want to run on the highway to settle this let me know. We will get it on video and post here.
That's what I'm talking about a challenge. Good luck finding a stock or catback only F-bod
Old 03-22-2008, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

Smile

Originally Posted by jmdgto
hey mycar2fast. you going to reply to the question i asked you?
since i know he has posted on this site since the question was asked. i can only assume he was procharged. very interesting.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 00 SS i have had for 8 years now, stock it ran a best of 13.2@104,A4.
My wife's 06 GTO we have had for 1 year ,stock it ran a best of 13.5@103,A4.

SS was in 40 deg weather,and the GTO was in the mid summer heat!

I know my SS is quicker and faster w/ current mods,but the GTO is a much nicer fit/finish car. Better seating,(comfortable) better brakes(stock) and the engine is WAY easier to work on,(at least you can see the whole thing).

Only mod the GTO has is a Vig3600 convertor,and it ran a 12.9 without any tuning with TM killing it with every shift.

I have big time respect for the GTO and the LS2.

Dave
Old 03-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
That's what I'm talking about a challenge. Good luck finding a stock or catback only F-bod
A lot out here (unfortunately) - hence my winning record.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
A lot out here (unfortunately) - hence my winning record.
Well I have a GTO and I don't have the same luck down in the south where the passion for racing and race cars is unmatched.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

sorry guys havent been around in a wile, but hell no!! i was bone stock, with a borla catback, i raced a 6.0 over the weekend again with my procharger and that was just funny, there was no point in racing, from a 55 roll i had a 20 car lead when i shut down at 120.....
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Scott at a dragstrip cammed GTOs are probably running like **** with the IRS and the small tire size. Hell its a 6.0 LS1 motor, I know its an LS2 but its just a big LS1, so mod for mod the motor will make more power. GTIs are hard to drive though. And making as much power as you are Veyrons look like they cant get out of their own way.
Yeah IRS is the suck for drag/street racing. But hopefully I will have IRS soon!LOL
Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mycar2fast
sorry guys havent been around in a wile, but hell no!! i was bone stock, with a borla catback, i raced a 6.0 over the weekend again with my procharger and that was just funny, there was no point in racing, from a 55 roll i had a 20 car lead when i shut down at 120.....
you have been posting according to your profile of posts , buts that's beside the point. i believe the procharger race. but the bone stock beating 5 gto without a loss is still hard to believe. i know your car is fast, but the rest is suspect. this is the last response to this topic from me. tks

Last edited by jmdgto; 03-25-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Well I have a GTO and I don't have the same luck down in the south where the passion for racing and race cars is unmatched.
In NorCal we only have: 2 dragstrips (one NHRA) and 3 road courses (1 internationally acclaimed). The nascar passion (thankfully) isn't so prevalent here.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
In NorCal we only have: 2 dragstrips (one NHRA) and 3 road courses (1 internationally acclaimed). The nascar passion (thankfully) isn't so prevalent here.
Yeah..San Jose is pretty big on street racing. I used to live there.

Hey Deuuuce do you have a vid of the sound of your SRT8? My office mate has one and he is about to add heads and cams and a bunch of other stuff...but he has a Corsa exhaust and he wants to get a REALLY nice sound from it. Does yours sound really beefy?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by artist71
Yeah..San Jose is pretty big on street racing. I used to live there.

Hey Deuuuce do you have a vid of the sound of your SRT8? My office mate has one and he is about to add heads and cams and a bunch of other stuff...but he has a Corsa exhaust and he wants to get a REALLY nice sound from it. Does yours sound really beefy?
I think the street racing thing died off - crack downs, etc. The ricers killed it with idiot driving and slow cars - they can't compete with serious domestics (I mean serious like 10sec and faster).

The Magnaflows sound good, a little bit of resonance around town/part throttle. They have sound clips online. I don't but I should.

I understand Zoomers are pretty beefy. At WOT, its a combo of my CAI and the exhaust.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
GTSLOW.. Sorry i like the cars but ehh
Always the Lt1 guys that make these comments... The car your calling slow runs about a second faster and traps close to 10 mph more then your car in stock form.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

i dont know why people think this is sooooo hard to belive sometimes, gto weigh alot more with 55 more crank horse....... not that big of a deal, i beat those cars in stock form with a borla catback.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mycar2fast
i dont know why people think this is sooooo hard to belive sometimes, gto weigh alot more with 55 more crank horse....... not that big of a deal, i beat those cars in stock form with a borla catback.
Well they dont weigh ALOT more ,they weigh like 200 more, and they have better gearing and more horsepower thats why.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

o well i still won!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
Those things tend to do pretty decent in the top end once they get going. Not enough for me though. I throw my ls2 with minimal goodies back at em in my 7 year old firebird lol. They do not like getting beat by me. Haha. Oh well. I am sure I will run across one that will give me a good race one day. Too bad they are a ugly *** car. They look like a Grand am with weak hood scoops and a nice exhaust. Haha. Flame away gto owners.
OK I will admit that the GTO is a bland looking car, but I think it's better ANY DAY than the "overgrown adolescent" styling of the Formula. Whenever I see one of those things I can just imagine the "Gold Chain Guido" behind the wheel. (My apologies if this does not describe you, it's just the stigma that those cars have in New York). And as far as "Flaming Away" goes...I think the name "Firehawk" says it all lol. Getting back to the point, we all know that the F-bodies are better 1/4 mile cars than the GTO's...they are lighter and have the solid rear axle. However, that is the very end of the list of things that the Formula does better than the GTO. The ride quality, interior finish, and general refinement of these cars are not comparable. The GTO is a 2-door sports sedan marketed towards adults, the Formula is a pony car marketed towards pimple-faced teenagers. Also, let me tell you that it feels GREAT every time an F-body pulls up expecting to beat me...because they never have yet! (The only F-body that ever came close was another APS twin turbo car and we have so many traction issues that the lighter weight of the F-body might actully have hurt him lol). The point being that when I had my Corvette, no one wanted to race me cause they knew I was fast - but in my GTO they ALWAYS wanna race and they NEVER know how fast I am until it's too late! Also, people always forget that the LS2 is a MUCH more boost friendly engine than the LS1 (despite the higher compression)...who cares how they compare stock? Is there even such a thing as a stock F-body any more? Anyway, I digress...

Last edited by ebae; 03-26-2008 at 04:35 PM.