Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a newer C5 tonight !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed a newer C5 tonight !!

Tonight I was driving down a local Fwy when this black car I thought at first was a fire bird started pacing me( could not see the car clearly for some reason)anyway he punches it and I also punch it, he get's about a car lenth ahead of me then in no time I'm passing him, I slow down due to a few cars coming up in front of me, I past the group of car's due to the fast lane was open,I get past the group of cars slighty going faster than the traffic and now see his head lights pacing two car lenths behind me, I get into the clear and wait, he pulls again right next to me at this time I can see It's a really clean looking vett!! I never got a chance to race a vett before for some reason!(and yes I looked for the Zo6 plac but there was none) I let him punch it again he gets a car lenth ahead of me again and in no time Im easily passing this guy again,this time I'm looking at the car and the expression on his face as I was passing him on by with my little camaro, he would look at my car then look forward then look at my car again with a true suprized look on his face! priceless I'm suprised I was able to beat him due to my clutch pedal sticks to the floor now every time I punch it since my cam install I't might not be that hard for most people on this board to kill a vett but for me it was cool!
Old 07-24-2003, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Killed a newer C5 tonight !!

Congrats man! I know the feeling I'd get if I killed one... I'd be ecstatic. Unfortunately I haven't got a chance to run a vette yet in the LT1... I can't wait for a chance though It'll be fun, win or lose.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Good kill. There ain't no shame in getting excited about killing a vette. The should be regarded as worthy opponents. What kind of mods do you have? And I am not trying to be a self righteous chump, but it is "Camaro" not Camero....It's written all over that sled of yours. :p
Old 07-24-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to say the same thing FLYNLO. It's hard to believe someone's story when they can't even spell Camaro right and its written all over their car. Anyway, if it's true, nice kill.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Good kill, but whats a "newer C5"???
Old 07-24-2003, 12:46 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Wish I had some action. It's drought season here.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

nice kill, "camero" i drive a cervette, its just southern slang
Old 07-25-2003, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't spell for s#@t!, anyway my car is a 01 SLP M6 SS with SLP RA,KN,LID,bellows, 85MM MAF,160 T-stat,ported & polished TB,some free mods,ASP pulley,TR cam package with 224/224/112 cam,FLP LT W/ORP's,SLP dual center mount exhaust,LS1 edit,EFI live, and a few other little things I'm too lazy to list,heads,clutch,and rear end coming soon!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

"camaro" not Camero....It's written all over that sled of yours. :p

[/quote]
Old 07-25-2003, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

I can't spell for s#@t!, anyway my car is a 01 SLP M6 SS with SLP RA,KN,LID,bellows, 85MM MAF,160 T-stat,ported & polished TB,some free mods,ASP pulley,TR cam package with 224/224/112 cam,FLP LT W/ORP's,SLP dual center mount exhaust,LS1 edit,EFI live, and a few other little things I'm too lazy to list,heads,clutch,and rear end coming soon!
Damn, LB, sounds like you have one helluva set up.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:49 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....I'm suprised I was able to beat him due to my clutch pedal sticks to the floor now every time I punch it since my cam install...
The infamous "drill mod" should fix that problem. I have the same thing happen to my car, and I'm planning on drillin next weekend which I hear will get rid of that.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

....I'm suprised I was able to beat him due to my clutch pedal sticks to the floor now every time I punch it since my cam install...
The infamous "drill mod" should fix that problem. I have the same thing happen to my car, and I'm planning on drillin next weekend which I hear will get rid of that.

Did the drill mod but still had the problem with the cluch pedal sticking to the floor, But still Im glad I did the drill mod cause the clutch just feels much better during shifting now.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, LB, sounds like you have one helluva set up.
Thanx.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill, but whats a "newer C5"???
I should rephrase that,From what I described to My brother, my brother thinks It's a newer vett cause this vett had horizonal lines through the tail light's, Cause I really cant tell But I dont care It was fun as hell anyway's so much fun that after I got done racing I was stroking my dash board with my hand saying, GOOOOD, GOOOD, GOOOD, CAMARO!
Old 07-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Good Kill sounds like your car runs good!
Old 07-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Its only fun to beat C5s when the owner is cocky and thinks the C5 is so much faster then a camaro becaus its a corvette not relizing they both have the same motor.(with the exception of the z06) Ive done that a few times and sprayed, hehe, its always priceless... Same any yuppy owner who actslike that with a more expensive car.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its only fun to beat C5s when the owner is cocky and thinks the C5 is so much faster then a camaro becaus its a corvette not relizing they both have the same motor.(with the exception of the z06) Ive done that a few times and sprayed, hehe, its always priceless... Same any yuppy owner who actslike that with a more expensive car.
I agree!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill.