Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Berlin Turnpike runs from Sat

Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berlin Turnpike runs from Sat

Had 3 very close runs on the pike this past Sat.

1st race was a black civic coupe, mid 90s. Him and passenger in the car. Only visible mods where nice wheels and a mild fart cannon. I wasn't gona bother at first, but as I was passing he downshifted and paced me. I was down on the empty side ( by micky fins ) so i figure eh ok. I down shift to 2nd and give a rev. I get the jump and to my surprise he stays with me. Run until middle of third then shut down. I want another run with this dude.

I go to turn and he follows. We are headed back tword the pike coming up on a decent stretch, so this time I start in first. I hear a mighty fart from the civic then stomp it. I'm blowing the tires loose all threw 1st, shift at 6.5k, he's still with me. Shift to 3rd at 6700, I start to pull him. Almost to 4th and then shut down ( stuff up ahead ), he is at my back bumper. I ask him what hes got, and he says "untuned turbo". Tells me he auto-x's it and isnt much into drag racing.

2nd race was a grey talon with a HUGE exhaust. Thing was loud! He slows down a bit and waits for me, then we get to a light. At the light the dude is laughing talking to the passenger. Takes a look at my car then says something about a rape ( I wonder if hes laughing at me saying there was gonna be a rape ). He guns it as the light turns green, but I don't go as I want a roll race. He slows down and we line up going like 20mph. I'm in first and can feel its gona be a good one. He gets the jump and I nail it. I edge him out by about half a car then he stays with me up until 4th. I was ahead but don't know how much, as I didn't look out the side or at the mirror much ( going too fast to not pay attention lol ). If I had to guess, id say half a car to 3/4 a car lead at the end. I was impressed , 2 rice burners in a row giving a good fight.

3rd race was vs a black WRX from Mass with 3 dudes in the car. 1st race was kinda shitty, I hit the rev limiter in 2nd and they edge me out by a little. Then we come up on prolly the best stretch on the whole pike. I'm in second and he gives the 3 honks. This time I don't pull any newb shifts and by 3rd I'm starting to pulling him at a decent rate, which at that point I am guessing he stops as he fades quickly. They ride up next to me and yell "My clutch is slipping!!!" Didn't catch his mods.

My service engine soon light came on a few days beforehand , dunno if my car is healthy or not ( seems healthy. )
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your mods?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:59 AM

+1 on mods.

Originally Posted by ZeroFear
Takes a look at my car then says something about a rape ( I wonder if hes laughing at me saying there was gonna be a rape ). He guns it as the light turns green, but I don't go as I want a roll race.
You seemed to think that he was gonna rape you also seeing as how you wouldn't go from a stop.

Good runs, but be careful up there. Even the spot you ran in the first race isn't a good place to do it.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cops are all over that place and the fines are not cheap, haven't been there in about 8 years now but there are some fast cars up there.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x3 on what the previous guys said about it being a bad spot to race, but good kills.

What are your mods and car? I think you may have told me, but I forgot.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mods are pretty minimal. Borla CB with open plate, Volant CAI, 80MM TB, short shifter, stage 4 T-56 from sixspeedsinc w/ LS6 clutch ( shifts really nice over stock ).
Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
You seemed to think that he was gonna rape you also seeing as how you wouldn't go from a stop.
Yea I prolly would have gotten raped . I believe had the AWD version. When I get my rear end w/ nittos I'll take up peoples offers for dig races. My friend broke his 10 bolt ( WS6 w/ nittos ) racing people from a dig.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I prolly would have gotten raped . I believe had the AWD version. When I get my rear end w/ nittos I'll take up peoples offers for dig races. My friend broke his 10 bolt ( WS6 w/ nittos ) racing people from a dig.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happens. I've got a spare one in my basement if you're looking to buy a backup, though. You can pick it up right down the road.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 PM

LOL, at least your honest! I hear you about the rear. Once you get the upgrade it'll make it a whole lot more fun! (except for the wheel hop that I can't seem to get rid of since installing the 12-bolt)

Search this Thread