Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs SC 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I like your attitude Blown_by_twins. Race anyone anytime anywhere!!!!! I don't care if I win or lose!!!!!
Hell, it's what I spent all this money for. Ya win some ya loss some. Just don't be stupid and run for "PINKS" lol
Old 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blwn_by_Twins
Hell, it's what I spent all this money for. Ya win some ya loss some. Just don't be stupid and run for "PINKS" lol

You obviously have reading issues because i wrote that the only quick 350Z is the 07 rev-up Z's. You come at me and tell me the 07's are so fast, but i obviously already mentioned that. The older ones are a lot slower and are high 13 second cars. Also, LS1's have gone into the 12's STOCK, so a LS1 is still a faster car stock for stock than the 07. It is just a closer margin compared to the previous model 350s.

I respect FI 350Z's. A friend of mine had a twin turbo setup at 558 whp. Another friend had a single turbo setup with 371whp on low boost. Stock, though, they aren't very quick, especially if they aren't the 07.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
For either one of them to hang with even a stock LS1, they need FI.
That's your quote. That's what I was responding to. A FI Z will do more than hang with. Are you aware of how bad the stock tires are on a Z? My Z broke loose in 2nd stock! Hell, I'd bet a set of lighter rims, better tires and maybe a exhaust would close that gap pretty quick.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

You obviously have reading issues because i wrote that the only quick 350Z is the 07 rev-up Z's.
This is also false. Yes, the HR is QUICKER, but your saying a 13 sec STOCK car is not quick?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

The 350z forums suck.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

This is also false. Yes, the HR is QUICKER, but your saying a 13 sec STOCK car is not quick?
Compared to the average car, yes 13 secs is quick. If you are trying to race or add mods for hp and are in the "tuning scene," 13 secs is not quick. I have never tried to race a car that was in the 13's. I thought my mid 12 second S2000 was moderate at best. I traded cars with a buddy of mine for a few days who has a 10.3 second Foxbody...that's what i consider fast.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Compared to the average car, yes 13 secs is quick. If you are trying to race or add mods for hp and are in the "tuning scene," 13 secs is not quick. I have never tried to race a car that was in the 13's. I thought my mid 12 second S2000 was moderate at best. I traded cars with a buddy of mine for a few days who has a 10.3 second Foxbody...that's what i consider fast.
Mehhh
Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

That's your quote. That's what I was responding to. A FI Z will do more than hang with. Are you aware of how bad the stock tires are on a Z? My Z broke loose in 2nd stock! Hell, I'd bet a set of lighter rims, better tires and maybe a exhaust would close that gap pretty quick.
If a 350Z has FI it could still be slower than a bolt-on LS1. It could also be done right and be faster than a H/C/I and bolt-ons LS1. Just because a 350Z has a turbo doesn't automatically put it into a certain category. There are SO many factors that play into what it is capable of. With the right knowledge and amount of money, ANY car can be fast.

I was simply saying that for the most part, a 350Z will not hang with a LS1 stock for stock and that is true and i am sticking to that statement 100%. That goes for the rev-up Z's as well. Mod for mod, everything is thrown out the window because there's no telling how a car will respond and the possible modifications are endless.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Mehhh
Show off!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Dick head!!!

Fixed
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, it's been proven Z's don't respond well to bolt on's. The VQ is just a well built motor and simple mods just don't do much for it. That's the problem w/ buying a Z. It's NOT cheap to mod it. They are just starting to get 300hp N/A out of them. But hey, it's only a V6. All things equal, yes a LS motor will win. We all know all things are NEVER equal. 1 bad slip of the clutch and the Z wins. That's why I started posting here. SO many people acting like it couldn't happen. I've seen though those people seem to bash imports just b/c they're imports. Just doesn't make since to me. A nice car is a nice car no matter where it was designed or built.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Fixed
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Oh, it's been proven Z's don't respond well to bolt on's. The VQ is just a well built motor and simple mods just don't do much for it. That's the problem w/ buying a Z. It's NOT cheap to mod it. They are just starting to get 300hp N/A out of them. But hey, it's only a V6. All things equal, yes a LS motor will win. We all know all things are NEVER equal. 1 bad slip of the clutch and the Z wins. That's why I started posting here. SO many people acting like it couldn't happen. I've seen though those people seem to bash imports just b/c they're imports. Just doesn't make since to me. A nice car is a nice car no matter where it was designed or built.
Do you have a pic of your dyno chart? I am just wondering what it looks like.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

I completely agree. I respect the 350Z, as well as many imports. I've owned nothing but imports except for two camaros (LT1 and LS1). Your setup sounds awesome, and like i said, i've had two friends with 350Z's, one with a single turbo setup and one with a twin. You seem to have hp that is right in the middle of where they're both at. 350Z's also look great (especially with the low offset capabilities) and handle well. I'm sure your car would smoke my LS1. I'd like to see a video or pics or something because it sounds awesome.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLuAQCvxNQc
It's not 600rwhp, but 555rwhp is close.
Too bad he's running 26PSI on race fuel. Streetable?? Not really, and expecially not with the shitty powerbands that those cars have. Spooling a turbo that large must make the car all but undriveable.

Ricers never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. And Idontrunelevens never ceases to amaze me with his ridiculous posts. You'll stick up for any pile of crap ricer. If someone said their stock '89 Civic runs 12's with a open intake you'd believe them, and then try and convince everyone else thats its entirely possible and probable. You don't have a clue what you're taking about, you just pull things out of your *** and try to back them up with shitty websites and youtube videos. Give it a rest there sean jean.

Last edited by ONEBADASSWS6; 04-28-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Have you bumped your head??? There are 07 Z's going 13.01 STOCK
. If he is not making this up, and I'm not saying he is, then I'd guess the Z lost traction or had some other trouble. Most SC'd Z's put down close to 375 to the wheels. I'm running a stock block TT set up and put down 416rwhp. Show me a stock or slightly modded LS1 that could give me a run in a clean race. You FAIL!
First off, stock 07 Z's aren't running 13.0's. We discussed this in the other thread, there is no documentation to prove it. And funny how there is only one car running such claimed times, all the others on the list are mid-high 13s. So that discussion is over until 13.0 second stock 350Z's are commonplace. Until then, its nothing but bullshit.

Well, whats funny is you're comparing an AFTERMARKET TWIN TURBOCHARGED 350Z to a BONE STOCK LS1. Obviously its not going to beat you. Whats funny though is a cam/bolt on LS1 would stomp your *** into the ground. Considering the amount of money you're dumped into that heap to make 400WHP, that is downright hilarious.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

I guess I'll just never understand you ricers wth your sideways fart cans, white wheels, and body kits. I'm sorry, but what the ****?? Why do people think it looks nice to have a giant fart can muffler pointed at an awkward angle towards the ground??

I guess I just have no appreciation for "japanese styling"
Old 04-28-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I guess I'll just never understand you ricers wth your sideways fart cans, white wheels, and body kits. I'm sorry, but what the ****?? Why do people think it looks nice to have a giant fart can muffler pointed at an awkward angle towards the ground??

I guess I just have no appreciation for "japanese styling"
I agree 100% The japanese need a makeover for sure....most of their mod designs are a bit funky to say the least
Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
I agree 100% The japanese need a makeover for sure....most of their mod designs are a bit funky to say the least
I dont think they want to though...they think that crap actually looks good. Different culture I guess, thats why I like America. American style is classic.

Gotta love the dull brazed exhaust tip too. So not only is it sideways, but it also appears that it came off of a very old vehicle with a backfiring problem.

Sorry, but I prefer my exhaust tips in chrome, one on each side, and having them parallel to the ground.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I dont think they want to though...they think that crap actually looks good. Different culture I guess, thats why I like America. American style is classic.

Gotta love the dull brazed exhaust tip too. So not only is it sideways, but it also appears that it came off of a very old vehicle with a backfiring problem.

Sorry, but I prefer my exhaust tips in chrome, one on each side, and having them parallel to the ground.
I prefer mine unseen.