TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some video's of ls1's vs turbo'ed 350z's
http://video.ls1tech.com/search/350Z...6d4f310c94.htm
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blwn_by_Twins
I've seen though those people seem to bash imports just b/c they're imports. Just doesn't make since to me. A nice car is a nice car no matter where it was designed or built.
I 'bash"/won't own, drive, or "respect" an import nameplate for completely different reasons than most on here. I will not get into it here since it seems to pull all of the smug/azzhat Econ 101ers out of the woodwork (and gets the thread LOCKED DOWN!), so I'll leave it at that.

But that being said, IF all was fair in trade and war, and it was like the 'good old days' when U.S. industry was at the top, EVERYONE had jobs/food, and imports were almost unseen, I might actually own/drive one myself.
IF I could take these factors out of the equation, and look at them objectively, I do actually like some performance imports.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Too bad he's running 26PSI on race fuel. Streetable?? Not really, and expecially not with the shitty powerbands that those cars have. Spooling a turbo that large must make the car all but undriveable.

Ricers never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. And Idontrunelevens never ceases to amaze me with his ridiculous posts. You'll stick up for any pile of crap ricer. If someone said their stock '89 Civic runs 12's with a open intake you'd believe them, and then try and convince everyone else thats its entirely possible and probable. You don't have a clue what you're taking about, you just pull things out of your *** and try to back them up with shitty websites and youtube videos. Give it a rest there sean jean.
Somebody said it couldn't be done, I showed them that it could be done. Simple as that. As far as the rest of your post, I think it's laughable that you accuse ME of knowing nothing, when it's readily apparent that you talk directly out of your ***. I NEVER make outrageous claims and bad generalizations. You do.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

You took that out of context. I'm not looking for a race. He said that a Z "NEEDED" to be FI "to even keep up". Could not be farther from the truth.

I can see we're evenly matched. After I get done beating you I'm gonna go kick Mike Tyson's *** too!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

I guess I'll just never understand you ricers wth your sideways fart cans, white wheels, and body kits. I'm sorry, but what the ****?? Why do people think it looks nice to have a giant fart can muffler pointed at an awkward angle towards the ground??

I guess I just have no appreciation for "japanese styling"
Well, you see what i'm driving now correct? I prefer a domestic over an import myself. I had that car for about a year and got tired of it because i spent so much money on it, and it wasn't that fast in a straight line. That's a handling car, and i wanted it to be something it wasn't.

As far as the look of the exhaust, i didn't like it either. I felt that it looked like a limp dick. The reason i got it was that it was supposed to be the exhaust that made the most power. If that was true, it wasn't much, in my opinion. It was a 70mm headerback, but i didn't feel as though it was much faster than an Invidia dual i had before. I thought the appearance of the car was beautiful, and still do. I'm just more into go rather than show, which is the reason i now have a LS1.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Here's some video's of ls1's vs turbo'ed 350z's
http://video.ls1tech.com/search/350Z...6d4f310c94.htm
Good video!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Why do people think it looks nice to have a giant fart can muffler pointed at an awkward angle towards the ground??
While it is ugly it isn't done for looks. Generally the point of an after market exhaust system is to use bigger piping and eliminate as many bends as possible for increased performance. Most of these tilted exhaust pieces are that way because straightening them out would create a performance-robbing bend in the piping. At least that is where it originated. I would personally never have angled mufflers, but for some people its function>form.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
While it is ugly it isn't done for looks. Generally the point of an after market exhaust system is to use bigger piping and eliminate as many bends as possible for increased performance. Most of these tilted exhaust pieces are that way because straightening them out would create a performance-robbing bend in the piping. At least that is where it originated. I would personally never have angled mufflers, but for some people its function>form.
I've heard some bullshit before, but that it near the top of the list as far as excuses go.

As if that one extra bend to make the exhaust come out straight is going to kill any horsepower whatsoever. Full mandrel bends rob little to no power compared to a straight pipe, otherwise you wouldn't see intake manifold runners and headers with all the curves and bends that they have.

Japanese people think that crap looks cool, thats the only reason for it. In America, we like our exhausts not to look retarded and ghetto rigged, so we point them straight out and don't use gay looking fart cans.

Just another reason why I would never even consider owning a Japanese "performance" car. I never want to be included with a subculture of ricers that think garbage like that is attractive.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
Good video!
The cam/bolt on NBM SS was sick as hell.....pulled that Z hard. Those Z's are pretty fast but it cost about $15,000 more dollars to make it close to a LS1 that spent maybe $3000-$4000 if that.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Do you have a pic of your dyno chart? I am just wondering what it looks like.
Yep.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Well, whats funny is you're comparing an AFTERMARKET TWIN TURBOCHARGED 350Z to a BONE STOCK LS1. Obviously its not going to beat you. Whats funny though is a cam/bolt on LS1 would stomp your *** into the ground. Considering the amount of money you're dumped into that heap to make 400WHP, that is downright hilarious.
Please read the ENTIRE post before commenting. I only compaired the two b/c he said Z's HAD TO BE FI I TO KEEP UP WITH A STOCK LS1, which is not true! I can tell your the type of guy who can NEVER be wrong so I'll let you finish and be done with you. You keep bringing up "How much I've spent". Sounds to me like your a little jealous. My heap, lol whatever JR.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Yep.
Nice. Not as peaky as I expected. I bet it feels like you are going to take off.LOL I want to go boosted SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

I've heard some bullshit before, but that it near the top of the list as far as excuses go.

As if that one extra bend to make the exhaust come out straight is going to kill any horsepower whatsoever. Full mandrel bends rob little to no power compared to a straight pipe, otherwise you wouldn't see intake manifold runners and headers with all the curves and bends that they have.

Japanese people think that crap looks cool, thats the only reason for it. In America, we like our exhausts not to look retarded and ghetto rigged, so we point them straight out and don't use gay looking fart cans.

Just another reason why I would never even consider owning a Japanese "performance" car. I never want to be included with a subculture of ricers that think garbage like that is attractive.
Actually hes right, that exactly why its done, they want no bends in the exahust because as he said more bends=less hp, some do think it looks good but most just want the performance gain.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
Actually hes right, that exactly why its done, they want no bends in the exahust because as he said more bends=less hp, some do think it looks good but most just want the performance gain.

You all are 100% WRONG. The exhaust tip is bent down...so why would bending it DOWN make it flow better?! Wouldn't it make more sense to leave it STRAIGHT?

Seeing as though that is MY old S2000, i know why the J's 70mm headerback exhaust has the angled tip. The only reason it is bent down is to keep black exhaust fumes from getting on the bumper. With it not having a cat, if it had a straight tip, it'd leave all kinds of grime on the rear bumper over the exhaust. With the tip angled down, no grease/grime gets on the bumper. That is the ONLY reason it is bent, other than the fact that some people think it looks better.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Banned

You all are 100% WRONG. The exhaust tip is bent down...so why would bending it DOWN make it flow better?! Wouldn't it make more sense to leave it STRAIGHT?

Seeing as though that is MY old S2000, i know why the J's 70mm headerback exhaust has the angled tip. The only reason it is bent down is to keep black exhaust fumes from getting on the bumper. With it not having a cat, if it had a straight tip, it'd leave all kinds of grime on the rear bumper over the exhaust. With the tip angled down, no grease/grime gets on the bumper. That is the ONLY reason it is bent, other than the fact that some people think it looks better.
i believe this claim over others...

Q:how much would a 30* or so bend on an oversized pipe reduce hp?

A: none...maybe 1hp lol
Old 04-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by toslo5o
i believe this claim over others...

Q:how much would a 30* or so bend on an oversized pipe reduce hp?

A: none...maybe 1hp lol

It wouldn't. The entire exhaust is as straight as possible...except for the tip. How could someone think that they bend the tip down to make it as straight as possible? WTF?! If that isn't an oxymoron then i don't know what is. What's worse is that someone defended his statement.

The only reason is to keep grime/black/oil/fumes/gunk off of the rear bumper right above where the exhaust is hung. Also, some people, for whatever reason, like the angled look. I only had it because it was supposed to be the best exhaust on the market. It was $1,300 just for the exhaust. Imagine how much you could do with a LS1 for $1,300. To top it off, that $1,300 exhaust yielded nothing on the butt dyno and probably only 6-7 hp.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
Most of these tilted exhaust pieces are that way because straightening them out would create a performance-robbing bend in the piping.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

It wouldn't. The entire exhaust is as straight as possible...except for the tip. How could someone think that they bend the tip down to make it as straight as possible? WTF?! If that isn't an oxymoron then i don't know what is. What's worse is that someone defended his statement.

The only reason is to keep grime/black/oil/fumes/gunk off of the rear bumper right above where the exhaust is hung. Also, some people, for whatever reason, like the angled look. I only had it because it was supposed to be the best exhaust on the market. It was $1,300 just for the exhaust. Imagine how much you could do with a LS1 for $1,300. To top it off, that $1,300 exhaust yielded nothing on the butt dyno and probably only 6-7 hp.
i was defending your statement.... i don't know how all ricer exhaust is set up im jus sayin if one car had to bend it a little to make it not angle down there would be little to no performance
Old 04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by toslo5o
i was defending your statement.... i don't know how all ricer exhaust is set up im jus sayin if one car had to bend it a little to make it not angle down there would be little to no performance
I know you were defending me. If you look up, there were two seperate people thinking the exhaust is bent to help hp. When i mentioned two people, that;s wha i was referring to. You were the first one to realize how dumb of a statement that is.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Banned

So basically those motors must run like **** when you start modding them if you need to angle the exhaust tips downward to prevent carbon from building up in the bumper. I guess thats what happens when you try and get high horsepower out of a 4 cylinder, you end up running way too rich in the lower RPM's before you actually get it into the powerband. I've seen this on just about every 4 cylinder import on the road, civics to evos, the bumpers are black or burned near the exhaust tip.

My car has true duals, no cats, and bolts ons with a tune. Quad exhaust tips stick straight out the back, and I don't get any carbon on my bumper. I guess having an engine that runs properly makes all the difference.