Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 z28 vs srt8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Well the fact alone that they are 4100lbs and on the right conditions run high 12's @ 108-110 and run 170-175mph totally stock. I guess youre not impressed with any AMG/M cars or the CTS-V's either? The SS that Evan ran high 12's is still talked about and these 4 door sedans would outrun it at all areas (1/4, roll and topend) all while riding like a Benz is actually quite nice. Everybody is impressed with the G8's and they dont dyno or trap what the quickest SRT's do. How can they not be impressive? They are not to be compared to Cobra's, Vettes and F-bodies but they will actually run with most of them and outrun some of them. Hey Livernois motorsports was impressed and like I said, I come from a KB Cobra and I enjoy driving the 300 just as much, though noting near the power obviously. My .02.

This is a big 4dr with 20" wheels no less. I bet it would run even quicker with 17-18's through the 1/4 with an Auto no less. Very nice indeed.
Don't listen to the haters. Lots of brand loyal idiots on this forum.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by COD02SS
Don't listen to the haters. Lots of brand loyal idiots on this forum.
Oh I hear ya, I just feel adding correct information to this site is so important. This is the best site anywhere IMO and its important to discuss so we all learn the correct info about all the cars we encounter.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Same with LS1s in my area, SRT-8s are low 13sec cars here though. Plenty in the 12s stock, the Diablo guarantees it.

I haven't lost to an LS1 yet, sounds like OP ran a guy who doesn't know his car. Not saying it would win, but it would have been much, much closer.

Common mistakes are manually shifting and not turning ESP off.

Bottom line - nice kill.

Dude, with your weight and HP, you wouldnt drag your way out of a paper bag around here. So yeah, your 4 door family car isnt running all over any LS powered bird or camaro unless driven by a 4th grader. Fkn Dueschbag. Are you going to be as bad as "some" of the Blue Oval boys?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Oh I hear ya, I just feel adding correct information to this site is so important. This is the best site anywhere IMO and its important to discuss so we all learn the correct info about all the cars we encounter.
There are a lot of great moderators here that aren't brand loyal but the majority of the members still think it's cool top bash EVERYTHING non gm. it's quite sad people think like that
Old 05-11-2008, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

When I was catback only, I took down and SRT8, and he had the jump... Now, I will destroy them. I think the chargers are junk because they share only a name with a real muscle car. The 300c version is better IMO because its not supposed to be muscle, its supposed to be classy. They are quick for what they are, which is a mid life crisis car. You want to be able to beat most other cars on the road, but still want your baby seats to fit in the back while hauling the milk home for dinner. I am contemplating buying the SRT8 300 for my wife, and get rid of her TB LS. But, I am not expecting it to perform like a sports car. Maybe a crossover?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
When I was catback only, I took down and SRT8, and he had the jump... Now, I will destroy them. I think the chargers are junk because they share only a name with a real muscle car. The 300c version is better IMO because its not supposed to be muscle, its supposed to be classy. They are quick for what they are, which is a mid life crisis car. You want to be able to beat most other cars on the road, but still want your baby seats to fit in the back while hauling the milk home for dinner. I am contemplating buying the SRT8 300 for my wife, and get rid of her TB LS. But, I am not expecting it to perform like a sports car. Maybe a crossover?
Dude, a Vette at 45 is a midlife car not a 300. Youd be surprised how well they do perform and your wife will love it, I cant get mine out of ours.

With the CAI/Tune our 300 outran my 02 SS (Magnaflow/Lid/TB) not too shabby. Plenty off room for baby seats and friends and still play with Vettes. Main reason for it.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by COD02SS
There are a lot of great moderators here that aren't brand loyal but the majority of the members still think it's cool top bash EVERYTHING non gm. it's quite sad people think like that

Amen. Hell we should be proud of everything that we still make in America, wich actually gets less and less each year.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

The 300 is not a midlife crisis car, but the SRT version would be. The only people I really see driving them are Yuppies, Dealers, and the spoiled teenies... Right now its a toss up between the TB SS and an SRT 300...
Old 05-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Dude, with your weight and HP, you wouldnt drag your way out of a paper bag around here. So yeah, your 4 door family car isnt running all over any LS powered bird or camaro unless driven by a 4th grader. Fkn Dueschbag. Are you going to be as bad as "some" of the Blue Oval boys?
You're clueless about other cars aren't you? Including CTS-Vs and GTOs.

btw, the 300 has a softer suspension and the LX stock record is 12.56 @ 111mph.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 05-11-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah and you ride a purple harley....

I bet that impresses all the boys down at the local watering hole. fkn yuppie princess.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:06 PM

The 300 is not a midlife crisis car, but the SRT version would be. The only people I really see driving them are Yuppies, Dealers, and the spoiled teenies... Right now its a toss up between the TB SS and an SRT 300...

Ah, ok. I see plenty of professional men and women with families driving them but I guess it depends on where you live too.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

But, the cars do have some go, just not what they are for. Cruising the e ways at 110, yes, tearing down the track... Um, no. I can think of better platforms to drop that kind of coin for if I am looking for a street/strip car. Like a fox or a F body for that matter.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah and you ride a purple harley....

I bet that impresses all the boys down at the local watering hole. fkn yuppie princess.
Oh? So you're a blue-collar hater from the racist, corrupt, gang infested part of Chicago? Way to represent.

I'm from Chicago and you have no idea where I ride, who I ride with or how much I ride. None whatsoever.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Dude, it doesnt matter who you ride with or where you ride. Come back out here, bring your car, bring your bike with all those hard ridden miles on it, and I will wax them both. Hell, I will let my buddy in his stock car take down your 12.82 and not waste my gas. For your information there cupcake, Stock LS1s are tickling the 12s with the right driver, and way less whp. Hell there are converter only cars footbreaking to mid 12s on street tires... So either the LS cars you run into are all driven by talentless hacks, or your talking out of your ***. Which is it? Shoot me a PM next time your in the area if your still butt hurt I picked on your sled. As for blue collar, gang related chicago, lets just say we aren't upset you moved closer to your people.

**EDIT** For the record, I dont hate colors. I hate attitudes. And it seems every color has them. For all the purple people out there I appoligize if I offended you.

Last edited by twizted_creations; 05-11-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

So... How about that... Great kill OP. Keep em coming.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Dude, it doesnt matter who you ride with or where you ride. Come back out here, bring your car, bring your bike with all those hard ridden miles on it, and I will wax them both. Hell, I will let my buddy in his stock car take down your 12.82 and not waste my gas. For your information there cupcake, Stock LS1s are tickling the 12s with the right driver, and way less whp. Hell there are converter only cars footbreaking to mid 12s on street tires... So either the LS cars you run into are all driven by talentless hacks, or your talking out of your ***. Which is it? Shoot me a PM next time your in the area if your still butt hurt I picked on your sled. As for blue collar, gang related chicago, lets just say we aren't upset you moved closer to your people.

**EDIT** For the record, I dont hate colors. I hate attitudes. And it seems every color has them. For all the purple people out there I appoligize if I offended you.
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

You would know... I was just stating that if you havent lost to a LS1 yet, its bullshit. First, 12.8 is impressive for a 4 door, with a cat back and diablo tune, but, saying that it is wooping all the LS cars in your area is a little far fetched, since stock LS's with the right drive could match that. And we all know how many Camaros and Firebirds remain stock.

Stock for stock, it should be a drivers race... But compairing the SRT model to a standard bird or camaro, shouldnt even be an arguement.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

You would know... I was just stating that if you havent lost to a LS1 yet, its bullshit. First, 12.8 is impressive for a 4 door, with a cat back and diablo tune, but, saying that it is wooping all the LS cars in your area is a little far fetched, since stock LS's with the right drive could match that. And we all know how many Camaros and Firebirds remain stock.

Stock for stock, it should be a drivers race... But compairing the SRT model to a standard bird or camaro, shouldnt even be an arguement.
Oh, 2 losses. A S/C Z at Sears and fell asleep at a light one other time.

First, you need to realize tracks vary. There are stock LXs trapping 109-110mph at Union Grove.

Stock, the SRT-8s are consistently faster than the LS cars. Not by much but a best-ever, Evan Smith shifting trap speed of 109mph is routine for a stock SRT-8 at the same track.

Driver's race vs. LS, CTS-Vs, E39 M5s, C5 6Ms, LS2 GTOs and the stock Terminator better bring his A-game as well.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Oh, 2 losses. A S/C Z at Sears and fell asleep at a light one other time.

First, you need to realize tracks vary. There are stock LXs trapping 109-110mph at Union Grove.

Stock, the SRT-8s are consistently faster than the LS cars. Not by much but a best-ever, Evan Smith shifting trap speed of 109mph is routine for a stock SRT-8 at the same track.

Driver's race vs. LS, CTS-Vs, E39 M5s, C5 6Ms, LS2 GTOs and the stock Terminator better bring his A-game as well.

Very true indeed. I love em.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Stock vs stock the SRT-8's are stronger on top end over the LS1 F-bod's but it's a close race. I've seen a Charger run a 12.9 at 108 bone stock so they are capable of that but on average they run mid to low 13's.

It's hard to say that honestly...I went 13.1 @ 108mph on a 2.1 60ft... F-Body cars have been seen in the high 12s with 108mph traps as well.......

It's a very close race but I don't believe the SRT-8 is vastly stronger on the top end. Anyone have a slip to compare numbers? I would be curious to see where they are at the 1/8th vs 1/4 (to compare top end if you will)..