Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rolled a 05ish STI

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rolled a 05ish STI

Just coming back from grabbing some chick-fil-a. A dude with a clean black STI rolls next to me in a low gear, grinning from ear to ear. So I drop down to 2nd at around 50 ready to go, he slows a little to 35 so i drop to first. I didn't feel like honking so I gave a three finger sign and dropped em 1, 2, 3 and let him get the hit. I put my foot down, my BF Goodrich DR's "tried" to grip, I don't have very good luck with these tires...and i pulled a car immediately, grabbed second, still no traction..didn't even use third gear. Well he rolls back up next to me with an even bigger grin. It was cool, I like racing people who don't get butthurt if they lose, I know I try not to. I complemented him on his ride and we went our separate ways. I think his car was close to stock, but it was still fun!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by neeshSS
Just coming back from grabbing some chick-fil-a. A dude with a clean black STI rolls next to me in a low gear, grinning from ear to ear. So I drop down to 2nd at around 50 ready to go, he slows a little to 35 so i drop to first. I didn't feel like honking so I gave a three finger sign and dropped em 1, 2, 3 and let him get the hit. I put my foot down, my BF Goodrich DR's "tried" to grip, I don't have very good luck with these tires...and i pulled a car immediately, grabbed second, still no traction..didn't even use third gear. Well he rolls back up next to me with an even bigger grin. It was cool, I like racing people who don't get butthurt if they lose, I know I try not to. I complemented him on his ride and we went our separate ways. I think his car was close to stock, but it was still fun!
Good Kill man! Yea I've been lucky so far and haven't lost to one yet. Also, the STi drivers have been pretty cool folks so that makes it better.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Restricted User

How much are you putting down with that Vindicator? Nice race, by the way.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Launching!

406/383, thanks man
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. I love when people are psyched to race my car even if they get smashed. Happened the other night with a guy in a real clean, nice looking/sounding Tiburon (surprisingly). We ran like three times with him grinning ear to ear and his girlfriend leaning over to get a better look at the car since I was on his side. After the last race, he pulled up and yells, "That's a badass car you have!", still grinning. It made me happy.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice run i still havent gotten the chance to tangle with one of them yet but i really want to. How good of a run would it b for a catback ls1?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
Nice run i still havent gotten the chance to tangle with one of them yet but i really want to. How good of a run would it b for a catback ls1?
From a roll, you should hand him his *** without issue. From a dig, it's going to depend on both of your driving because his car launched correctly and you'll have some decent ground to make up.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
Really depends what it has had done to it.

4wd makes for brutal launches but tricky to perfect. It also means more drivetrain loss so not so quick from a roll.

There's no reason they can't be making similar HP to a stock LS1 and generally weigh a tad less so it could be close. But then it may be a walk in the park
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Teching In

The STi sucks from a roll. Me in my old STi with 385HP and launch control would leave alot of cars in the dust, probably yours too.

Thats on a hole shot though, not a roll.

Good kill though, the STi is a potent car stock or otherwise.