Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C/Stalled SS vs C6ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H/C/Stalled SS vs C6ZO6

I was on my why home from work today and i ran into an old(probly 67 vette)and we were messing around a little when we came up to a light and i noticed a black ZO6 with black rims(wow,it looked sick!!).I ended up behind him and after a bit i was on the side of him going about 45.I was waiting to see if he would hit it but he didnt bite.So i goosed the throttle a bit and got ahead of him and he got behind me and followed,I then took a right to an open stretch with him behind me and we got to a light with nobody around.

He didnt take off from the light and we were at about 45mph when we both hit it.We raced to about 110 and we were dead even maybe me even having a nose on him..WTF,the whole time i was expecting him to just fly by me.After the race i got onto the interstate and we both gave thumbs up and went our seperate ways ..Im still very surprized..
Old 07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDemonLsX
I was on my why home from work today and i ran into an old(probly 67 vette)and we were messing around a little when we came up to a light and i noticed a black ZO6 with black rims(wow,it looked sick!!).I ended up behind him and after a bit i was on the side of him going about 45.I was waiting to see if he would hit it but he didnt bite.So i goosed the throttle a bit and got ahead of him and he got behind me and followed,I then took a right to an open stretch with him behind me and we got to a light with nobody around.

He didnt take off from the light and we were at about 45mph when we both hit it.We raced to about 110 and we were dead even maybe me even having a nose on him..WTF,the whole time i was expecting him to just fly by me.After the race i got onto the interstate and we both gave thumbs up and went our seperate ways ..Im still very surprized..
Well it sounds like you're making some good power based on those unlocked numbers, not to mention you don't know how good of a driver he is, so it sounds like a great race to me. If you had kept going, there's a good chance he'd start pulling very soon after you actually let off because those things have a monstrous top end.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Well it sounds like you're making some good power based on those unlocked numbers, not to mention you don't know how good of a driver he is, so it sounds like a great race to me. If you had kept going, there's a good chance he'd start pulling very soon after you actually let off because those things have a monstrous top end.
Yea i hear ya..Its the first Z06 ive raced and from all the vids ive seen online with them just *** raping eveything in its path i expected to get a serious beatdown.It makes me proud of my car,and all the freakin money ive put into it seems to have payed off..
Old 07-05-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
well said, and good kill
Old 07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

when racing random people on the street, we have to remember that not everyone who owns a fast car knows how to drive one.

That is why i love to race on the street. I can beat cars that are faster than mine.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill bro
Old 07-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys..its definitly a rush racing one of those.I bet he was pissed and expected to pull the **** out of me..
Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

He also might have been in the wrong gear. Good kill sounds like you've got a strong SS
Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
He also might have been in the wrong gear. Good kill sounds like you've got a strong SS

I thought about that,he might have started in second when we took off from 45.But by 110 i dont think that could have made a difference,he should have corrected it by then..
Old 07-06-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedDemonLsX
I thought about that,he might have started in second when we took off from 45.But by 110 i dont think that could have made a difference,he should have corrected it by then..
2nd is good til about 90mph so...he could have just slowly shifted into third? Oh well. You held your own. Well done
Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats awsome, i love to see the underdogs get one up. your car is making a lot of power for an A4!!! what gears do you have?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill. What are your dyno numbers?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Car still has 3:23's,and made 430/405 through an unlocked PT4000 before some minor changes.